It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My favorite Dream of All Time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Due to what i've recently been researching my favorite and most intriguing dream has come to mind so i've decided to write it down, i have my own ideas as to what it meant, but if anyone feels they could give additional insight i'd be grateful.

The dream is from several years ago, it began as i was looking toward a social club located at a crossroads in the town were i live, it was a beautiful bright and sunny day, and my vantage point would have been were a wooden hut of the Air Cadets is located.

There were two distinct groups that emerged from the social club as i watched, the first was a group of local football supporters in high spirits, as they boarded a coach to take them to an away match, the second was what appeared to be a wedding party of Sikhs, that wore turbans and were in their finery and also naturally in a happy mood.

As i watched a Romany Gypsy friend, Jason, who i'd known at college pulled up in his car and asked if i'd like to go out for a drive into the country, it was a lovely day and i agreed. As we left the town and began to enter into the countryside i began to get the sense that we were travelling back in time, the grassland shone like gold in the sun and became ever more primordial in feel.

Eventually as we followed the road we began to arrive at an imposing forest, the deeper we entered in the more dark and gloomily ominous the atmosphere was, and it became increasingly apparent that there had been extensive flooding as pools of water began to be seen everywhere.

To the side i saw a huge and mighty tree that had fallen and was lying within a lake of remaining flood water, we began to emerge from the forest following this sight and arrived at a small stone bridge were on the other side the road began to make steep ascent up a hill.

At first the car seemed unable to make headway up the hill such was its steepness, but then my friend seemed to engage a different mode, and we began to ascend increasingly rapidly, all the dials on the dashboard were spinning around and around, and even though a torrent of water began to surge down the road we forced our way through it.

At the top of the hill all was calm, i got out of the car and left my friend, and before me was a wooden mountain hut, i went up to the door and knocked, and it was opened by myself as a child, peeping round from the door with a bashful smile.

I entered into the gloomy interior and saw there were women that either looked Romany or Jewish, that were wearing head scarves, they were silent and seemed pensive and somehow ashamed, sitting scattered in corners of the dark interior by the windows with curtains drawn.

Within the room also were small and formal sunken pools of bright crystal clear water in which young toddlers were playing, which had the appearance of cherubs, with overly rounded bodies and large heads without hair, these happily splashed about in the pools as if water was their preferred habitat, this contrasted with the attitude of their Mothers.

Also within the pool was a horizontal ladder type climbing frame for the children, i got in the pool and crawled along it from one side to the next and then emerged.

There was a curtained entranceway to the rear of the room, i drew back the curtain and entered into a cavernous series of labyrinth passageways carved into the rock. As i made my way through these passages i began to come come across the blackened, seemingly burnt, bodies of women with large dead babies lying alongside them, the wombs of the women appeared to have been torn open and the unborn babies removed.

These were laid in or close to cubicles cut into the rock off the passageways, with low retaining walls such that they had the appearance of pens, i began to see more and more of these bodies until i saw a great number and then i awoke.

Shortly after this dream there were a couple of occurances that made me think ever deeper on its meaning, i was sat by a formal pond in the local park near where i live one sunny afternoon shortly afterward with a friend and a party of what appeared to be a group of young children from a Jewish religious school came along, the teachers and carers were all women and wore headscarves, this was notable to me as it was the first and only time i have seen Jewish people in this town, i presumed they were maybe from Manchester which is fairly close.

The following week i was out for the day with a few friends at Ingleborough in North Yorkshire, walking up the hill there down which water walls through torrents, and the same party again crossed my path as they were on their way down, with both sightings in the context of water i obviously felt it related to my dream.

And that's it...sort of.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

I don't often try to interpret other people's dreams, but this seems interesting.

I occasionally look to see when this Age of Aquarius is supposed to begin and I'm usually disappointed to discover that it's supposed to be way off in the future some time. But it doesn't have to be. People can make it happen. Human cultural change is not dependent upon the stars, not really.

"even though a torrent of water began to surge down the road we forced our way through it."

In the cavern were the old hopes and dreams of the Bible prophecies, that Jews and Christians have been looking to be fulfilled.

"women that either looked Romany or Jewish, that were wearing head scarves, they were silent and seemed pensive and somehow ashamed,"

The last generation of changelings (European Jews). Playing in the water are the new generation who can choose to abandon changeling status and rejoin the rest of humanity as humans rather than "chosen people".

Changelings seems to be the theme.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That was pretty much my interpretation also, that this was about going back in time to before the flood, when women were given as giving birth to the offspring of the Nephilim, and it suggested of course that i should consider my own ancestry to trace back to such, which was of course really pleasing, being descended from the Gods and all lol

I t was obviously a very strong a vivid dream and i recalled all aspects of it, the sort that can change one's self perception, particularly when reinforced with related encounters in the everyday.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

I was only thinking as far back as the Dark Ages and the spreading of the Khans and Khagans, sons of Tengri.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
What a wonderfully detailed and fascinating dream.

I have a re-occurring dream in that there was a group of us who either lived in or hid in caves, as we learned about nature of god and our own true nature. We learned about things forbidden or thought of as witchcraft, like telepathy and telekinesis. But we would be happy when I or another member understood what they were being taught and grasped the concept then expressed their own potential.

These caves were vast catacombs and the people were all friendly and loving. I felt safe below ground it was peaceful and we were not very war like. I knew that the outside world was either unable to understand what we were being taught or they were opposed to it. I also recall it was the truth about the very early Christian church and Jesus and just about anyone could truly get it or understood it completely but those that didn't or refused to believe it violently opposed it. Either way I knew that if we tried to leave the caves and the understanding it held within them we would persecuted and killed for those beliefs.

This dream has not come back to me in many years, but I have a very vivid memory of it almost like it wasn't a dream but more of an actual event. Seemingly set in the very ancient past. When I had first heard of the Essenes and the Dead sea Scrolls it really resonated with the dreams.

This is one of the first times I ever believed that past lives were possible and gave rise to me thinking about reincarnation or DNA memory.

I sometimes can add something to helping someone identify what the significance of dream might be but I thought sharing this might be more fun.

edit on 15-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by abeverage

I sort of considered the setting for the underground labyrinth would relate to the cave systems in Cappadocia, Turkey, some of them were probably used by Christians within the historic period as places of refuge, but they could well date back far earlier, they're the ones that were covered in the Ancient Alien series, badly naturally.

Of course our lives are determined by inherited patterns, amongst other things, and sometimes dreams appear to remind us of this, suggesting a direction we could take in connection with the greater sense of who we are and what we're about, or who we were and what we shall be about.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt

I sort of considered the setting for the underground labyrinth would relate to the cave systems in Cappadocia, Turkey, some of them were probably used by Christians within the historic period as places of refuge, but they could well date back far earlier, they're the ones that were covered in the Ancient Alien series, badly naturally.

Of course our lives are determined by inherited patterns, amongst other things, and sometimes dreams appear to remind us of this, suggesting a direction we could take in connection with the greater sense of who we are and what we're about, or who we were and what we shall be about.

Let me take a look at Cappadocia as by looking at the name I am not familiar with but maybe after I see it? In my dream it kind of reminded me of the Anasazi and the Cliff Palace are they similar?

I re-read your post and I forgotten about the Water....

I remembered the water if you ever saw the old DUNE movie it reminded me of that. Large Caches of water and that it was sacred and we would learn and discuss Peter being taught by Jesus how to traverse across water and how to overcome why Peter sank. Sort of like scene in the Matrix NO SPOON I remember knowing there were those who mastered walking water.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

"Underground" has meanings other than literal. "Underground Network" can mean something other than literal catacomb tunnels.

When I was young I was taught a romanticized story that Albigensians and Waldensians literally lived in caves to escape persecution. Nowadays that seems quite unlikely to me. However, I think that if I were to dream of such adventures, literal caves in mountains may figure into the dream.

Read Albigensian Crusade, and see if anything resonates.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

You didn't specifically invite others to share their own dreams but I'll pretend that that was implied.

16 years ago, as I lay in bed proofreading a story I had written, I fell asleep.

I awoke without waking to discover myself lying on a hard floor of indeterminate substance, in a space formed out of no place. In a dome of approximately 15 ft (5 meters) of fog with indeterminate boundary.

Although unable to see through the fog, I sensed that I was under the scrutiny of some number of consciousnesses. I stood up then, and slowly turned, facing the fog. My impression was that I was somehow the subject or object of a gazing into a crystal ball, as if that's how I was being seen by those unseen lookers.

Though I heard no voice, I was overwhelmed by the general consensus of disappointment, something to do with my age. My emotional reaction to that could be interpreted as less than accepting.

As I continued to turn, I explained, "What ever it was that you expected to find, I am what you have found. Keep your disappointment to yourself. The fault may lie in your expectations."

And then I awoke. It seemed that I had not awoken from my own dream, but from someone else's dream.

-----------------------------

Later that day, as I was taking a smoke break at work, two of my co-workers were discussing a then recent Freddy Krueger movie. I busted out laughing. Krueger's shtick was to get into other people's dreams and terrorize them, resulting in grave bodily harm and death.

When asked what I found so funny, I explained that they didn't have to worry about Freddy any more, because:

"When he laughed and said, 'I'm in your dream and you can't escape'

I replied, 'Are you sure that this is my dream?'

After making a couple of futile slashes at me, he screamed, and turned his claws upon himself. Thus ended Freddy Krueger, the haunter of others' dreams."

----------------------------------------------------

Putting it in terms of Freddy Krueger was only a matter of comic relief, a chance to laugh it off. Actually, I sometimes expect the other shoe to drop.

top topics

join