It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Italian Neurosurgeon says he is ready to transplant heads...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
My number one question: Where are these bodies coming from?
My number two question: Are there cyborg options?

Answer #1 - Remember the good old story of Burke and Hare?

Answer #2 - I hope so!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Also, something I may have missed when reading through the thread, how well would the brain actually adapt to the transplant? Whether it's a body transplant or head transplant doesn't matter, we've established that they're the same thing. My question is about sentience, and personality. If my head were to be kept alive for a few days, with no body attached, would my brain suffer degradation of information?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   
It's become acceptable to have a boob job, a bum job and a face job...I don't really see a problem with a head job...

Å99

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by windslayer
Also, something I may have missed when reading through the thread, how well would the brain actually adapt to the transplant? Whether it's a body transplant or head transplant doesn't matter, we've established that they're the same thing. My question is about sentience, and personality. If my head were to be kept alive for a few days, with no body attached, would my brain suffer degradation of information?

Personally i think that the brain would have to go through the whole processus of adapting to the new body as the bottom half will have a completely different morpholgy (especially structural : muscular, size, weight etc...)...

Like i said in an earlier post, imagine that the brain is a fully functional hard disk from your old computer which no longer works...

You place that hard disk into another second hand computer...

How many updates to you have to make until the new computer is fully functional?... loads!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rodinus

I guess that if i had 15 million dollars to spend there would be no way i would do that just to hold another mans willy when i go for my morning pee!

LOL, I foresee a future reality show based on this premise.

The Second Season a women gets a man body and the garbage is taken out.

In the third season the man brain gets a woman body , Sadly the third season ends quickly when its observed that the man brain locks himself in the bedroom and refuses to come out.

the season finale after show talks about if what the man brain did can be considered an act of self rape? Does the body have rights?

Ok, I will stop now.

On a more serious note my understanding of the human brain is the brain is like any organ and it has a shelf live. So even if we transferred a brain from one body to another we still would not achieve immortality until we come up with a way to stop the ageing process of the brain, artificially support it , or export its thoughts into another system (which is being worked on by a Russian Billionaire )
edit on 15-7-2013 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by windslayer

The biggest problem with any transplant is rejection due to some incompatibility. While a donor and his recipient can have the same blood type rejection can and does occur. Medications exist to help with this problem but what they do is suppress the immune system. This means that the patient is more susceptible to bacterial and viral infections.

Conditions like pneumonia resulting from a cold or flue are common especially during the first decade. This would not be a problem, in relation to cloning at least as long as the original genetic material existed.

The issue of cloning from a clone is the matter of genetic drift.

As long as a head is provided with the proper amount of nutrition and oxygen. Offered in a way the brain is able to absorb it, a head on its own can continue to function apparently for quite some time.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join