It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop or Soldier? Take the Test see if you can tell them apart

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This little questionaire really highlights how much the lines have blurred between the military and the police,it appears there is now little difference between the two, apart from perhaps the heavy hardware that is used by the military

www.proprofs.com...

Take the test and see how you fare,I got a few wrong as there is very little to distinguish the two apart

edit on 12-7-2013 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2013 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   
Theyre all soldiers in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Terrorists.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
interesting test ... all correct ..

like tsun tzu says ... know your enemy ...

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I got 2 wrong, you can tell the difference between them by the little things, weapons, insignia, uniform parts. I guess being a former soldier, I can tell the difference

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
i got 3 wrong... im not into military or police, but i was able to guess properly...

Cops just seem sloppy with their body position and weapon handling.. and i was right.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
What universe is that cop living in that he needs a .50 cal machine gun?! As if the tanks at their desposal wasnt enuff. "lets cut down a whole crowd of civilians like so much shrubbery"

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:29 AM
link   
21 for 21.

But Im a soldier. I know what they look like, what their gear looks like, and the small details.
But this is concerning to me. The untrained eye wouldn't be able to tell the difference. That's most of the population..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by HwBandit
What universe is that cop living in that he needs a .50 cal machine gun?! As if the tanks at their desposal wasnt enuff. "lets cut down a whole crowd of civilians like so much shrubbery"

When I saw that picture I knew it was a cop. Which scared the crap out of me because cops have no need for machine guns mounted on tactical vehicles.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Funny how the first guy in the line, Is holding his gun like a gangster. Im pretty sure this is not the proper way, nor is it taught that way. LOL

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by HwBandit

Unfortunately hes living in our universe even here in Australia if the coppers are hunting a gunman the TV is full of images of fully kitted out machine gun toting "police" locking down streets while balaclava clad troops search the area,it seems to be the new theme in most of the western world,personally I think its intimidation value is for the general population

xrepublic.tv...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I got 2 wrong. One of the incorrect answers showed a cop sitting on top of an APC, an M60 machine gun in the background and an M136 anti-armor weapon on a rack in the foreground. Pretty sure that's not covered under the DRMO's law enforcement programs.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Me as well:

www.proprofs.com...

I guess I got 4 wrong, I'm a Marine, got back from Afghan last November, so I guess I kinda cheated. I looked at the small things, the Face Plate on their Kevlars for night vision, none of the 'Cops' had them.

I also think the test 'cheated' on some of those pictures. Such as #7. I won't swear to it, but that can't be a US 'Cop' There is far more a distinct difference between US Military and Cops than there are in say Israel for example. Even US Swat is easy to tell apart from Military.

#9 you can see his Police Badge on his shoulder, plus He's in the prone using Iron Sights on an MP5, LOL. How far away do you plan on shooting a 9mm pistol cartridge to lay in the prone for it?

I would also have to strongly protest #11, Those are some fancy rifles they are sighting in on, and quite obviously US Army Digital Cammies. I'd like to see where the creator of that quiz got that picture from.

Also #12. Again, I would have to strongly protest where he got that picture he took.
He is obviously in a Turret Gun with a fuc*ing M60, And that #ing Rocket Launcher (At-4? I'm embarrassed to be second guessing myself, though I am not a grunt
) I'm pretty sure Cops, State Police or Swat don't use that #, way to much potential for collateral damage. Again, I'd like to see where the author of that quiz got his pictures.

#13. I suppose this is the best contest. He looked to be sporting a standard issue ACOG, Army field cammies, his pack.

Here are a few of the main differences I noticed.

None of the cop pictures had groin protector's on their Flak's, In garrison I don't wear that sh*t, but on deployment you can be damn sure I wore it, I like my genitals thankyouverymuch.

Kevlar covers, majority of cop's didn't have them either. Nor base plates on the front, like picture #18 for NVG mount.

On all the pictures with Marines it was quite obvious. Our ballistic glasses like pic #3, standard issue, distinct Digital Cammie pattern.

Another thing was the Day Packs, some of those pictures show 'Soldiers' with their daypacks. We have to carry our # with us when we go out.

My 2 cents

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Again, I wish you could dispute pictures on that quiz. I'm 90% sure that is not a Cop.

Also, that is not a .50 cal, its definately an M60 variant.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by chuck258

I know it's not a .50 cal. But it's not really the topic. It is a machine gun, however.

I am inclined to believe the man in that photo is a cop.
I have seen hardware like that with LEOs before.

Scary as hell every time I see it.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous, has the public forgotten about Posse Comitatus?!

We can expect to see a lot more of these events. Solider's are coming to a neighborhood near you, if their not there already.

Oh, and turn in your guns. You don't need them... naht!

How can we allow this?!

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NikTheGreat

Oh, and turn in your guns. You don't need them... naht!

Yeah funny how there is a major push to disarm everyone while they are increasing their arsenals and stockpiling ammo

edit on 15-7-2013 by Bilder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Cops should never look like government soldiers! They should dress like peace officers. Seeing a M4 on cop for domestic police work is disgustingly gunho!

When cops dress like soldiers, armed like soldiers, and trained like soldiers, it makes YOU the enemy!
When cops act like soldiers they KILL the enemy!

edit on 15-7-2013 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by imitator

That's rights the very fact that the govt is kitting out the police in this fashion is because they consider the people the enemy,there is no other explanation IMHO

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilder

Score was 12/21: Fair.

I know very little about military or police forces. Average IQ.

I mostly just looked for camo and whether there was any military-looking things. I've seen movies on the internet and on TV so I was looking for those things to identify soldiers.

If I voted 50/50 I could get the same score easy so... without M1 Tanks or A10's in the background or something like that I really cannot see the difference at this stage.

9/11 and the mass shootings have somewhat militarized the police, I think. Hard to blame them. Would you want to face a mass shooter (wearing body armor) with only your police-standard pistol? So not only can he potentially pierce YOUR body armor, but your pistol might be ineffective against his body armor? I know the semi-automatics available don't pack a military-grade punch, but it's still deadly.
edit on 7-9-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join