It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunter Lorraine Warren On the Haunted House She Won’t Revisit

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735. As it got into the doorway, there's this huge massive black thing. I called on my faith, made a big sign of the cross, and said, "In the name of Jesus Christ, I demand you to leave and come back where you came from." You can only do that with faith.

As a ghost believer (based on personal experience and other family member stories), I find it quite plausible that the Warrens may well have encountered spirits in the Amityville house and other places........incidentally the lovely Melissa George who played Kathy Lutz in the 2005 version of the movie, claims that she felt a certain presence on set whilst filming the movie.

However when the Warren's start claiming that they see demons is when I think their credibility is stretched somewhat. Holy Water, the cross, and citing Jesus Christ is most likely a placebo effect.........i.e it helps the Warrens to feel stronger and combat the demons..........but in reality if I believed in the Spaghetti monster and that it could defeat "demons" then If I were to chant "In the name of The Spaghetti Monster be gone".......then I suspect my embolden strength to fight the "demons" would be enough to drive them away. So ghosts, spirits..........yes............Demons, Jesus, God............no.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by EnhancedInterrogator

not dissing just thought your last statement was kinda cute

I not saying I believed in UFO's until I saw one...And I didn't believe in ghost till I saw one of those too
here's my ghost story short version .My step father Died in his house this man treated my mother like a queen
and Loved her more than life!! I am proud he married my mother.(not too many step kids say anything like that)
were sitting in the living room watching tv and hear something in the kitchen..blam blam blam we get up to look.
to our amazement (you remember the old Tupperware Tea Pictures?) the tea picture was on the floor..no biggie huh but this Tupperware picture was basically retired in the back of one of the kitchen cabinets and hadn't been used since my step fathers death!! did I want to see this happen no not really do I think its my father in law coming back to take care of my mother. whole heartedly!! I would love to think that after death we would kinda have the option to stay close to the loved ones weve truly dedicated our love too

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Great thread, Sled. S&F

I see the opinion sways from one side to the other about the Amityville haunting. Typical.

I think there is some truth to the story, but of course, Hollywood is going to blow everything up larger than life to sell the movie.

So, you have the real things that DID happen to make the believers happy, then you have the fake things that the film makers did to make the skeptics happy.

Now we can all be happy together.

Here is the video you wanted. Begin at 1.7min to see the brick. I think it's funny because Zac goes walking back through there saying, "We're not afraid of you" (convincing himself ?), and then runs like crazy when the brick flies.
But who am I to laugh? I'd be running too.

edit on 7/12/2013 by Mindless1980 because: add video

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by StumpDrummer

I not saying I believed in UFO's until I saw one...And I didn't believe in ghost till I saw one of those too

Not quite so interested in your UFO sighting............quite simply because there are many natural phenomena (both known & unknown) and manmade craft (again known & unknown) that may account for your UFO.

But.........ghosts..........well there are rather less things that can account for ghost sightings..........so can you tell us what you saw.

Thanks.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I love Lorraine and Ed Warren's stories ...God Rest his sole... Every year for the past 17 years I go to a talk she gives around Holloween, Great stories!

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I bet she can tell some fascinating stories!

Is she still doing this? She's getting a little old to be doing stuff like that, isn't she? She looked like she was having trouble walking when I last saw her on t.v. several years ago.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raxoxane
reply to post by sled735

I used to watch a very good but sometimes spine-chilling paranormal show called "A Haunting" which used to be on TV in my country,REALLY creepy,and that's where I came to know of Ed+Lorraine.So yeah,if a certain house(or case) unnerves her,that would be unusual,they are very steadfast Christians+seem to be rather stoical people.Interesting thread,thanks for sharing.

I meant to respond to your post earlier, but I got distracted.

There was an all day marathon of A Haunting on last Saturday. I recorded all of them, and I was in heaven watching all of them! That is a GREAT show. Always very scary stories!

I think I saw one with Lorraine in it, but I don't remember now. Sigh... I'm losing my memory in my old age.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I think the house definitely had been haunted or had something there. No idea what or why it isn't now as the current owners seem to insist there is nothing wrong at this point.

The current remake of the original Amityville Horror includes special features that are worth renting the movie for by themselves. I didn't care for the remake and the book beat the original movie but the interviews from the people who actually worked the crime scene of the DeFeo shootings has left me with a profoundly unsettled feeling. It came across in their telling and that's not real easy for a Medical examiner to manage. However, it was far more the details. He shot 6 people with a lever action rifle in different rooms .... different rooms .... and positions/shots indicate they didn't wake up, let alone resist in any way. Some in the same room and DeFeo couldn't be shooting two people at the same moment.

A lever action (.35 caliber?) rifle, for those not familiar with them, is a utility rifle out of the Old West. It's absolutely painful on the hearing in the open air in a way that something like a handgun simply can't be. Yet...not one awoke as they determined.

Something was very very wrong with that crime and perhaps whatever that wrong was faded with time or moved on. One of the two. It's one of the few I think was essentially legit in the original story though.
that is what i noticed about the shootings on the documentry i saw nobody moved and it was a quiet evening no wind etc but the dude that looked like boss hog in the dukes of hazzard was lying that much i could make out but it has made nearly a billion dollars for hollywood
good catch wabbit

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Well, the quote from Lorraine Warren you used said she was paralyzed by the demon, so then how did she make the "sign of the cross?"

Inconsistency like that doesn't help clarify anything.

Now I've had the fact that there are things with no visible bodies, and that those invisible things can affect matter, demonstrated to me on numerous occasions. I know that "hauntings" happen, I just don't know what causes them... though I'd say I lean toward disembodied humans... for the most part.

The Warrens bother me because they tended to stretch the truth to sell more books... they were needlessly theatrical. The fact this stuff happens is theatrical enough, imo, and having buffoons muddy the waters hurts serious research into this matter.

Many people are actually affected by this stuff on a regular basis and it would be nice, for them and human knowledge in general, if this topic could be talked about without the regular scoffers having to be placated every time. The Warrens and their ilk give the scoffers reason to scoff.

Not that good ghost stories aren't fun, just that it should be understood they are just stories and the "real thing" is usually less dramatic... usually.

Oh, and to the early poster who said they dismiss UFO's because natural atmospheric phenomena explains them... dude, read some books, or even better, go outside and look up once in a while. You give logic a bad name! Heh.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Baddogma
reply to post by sled735

ot that good ghost stories aren't fun, just that it should be understood they are just stories and the "real thing" is usually less dramatic... usually.

Well... maybe. But, I've had some pretty hair-raising experiences of my own with ghosts/spirits. But, then again,
I have also had minor things to happen.
I guess it just depends on how "playful" the ghost is.

I think "paralyzed by the demon" was just a figure of speech she used to express "severe fright".

edit on 7/12/2013 by sled735 because: add comments

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The main guy on Paranormal State, Ryan Buell, IMHO, is a total douche. Dude walks around houses like he's hard challenging the ghosts. Just ONE time, I'd love to see him get bitch-slapped by a spirit, and HARD.

I'm on the fence about ghosts. I want to believe in them, I'd actually welcome a haunting (I rent), because then I'd know for sure there's a place I go to after this life, rather than merely becoming worm food.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by oldetimehockey4

Yeah, well, I've had two rental proofs of the afterlife and, believe me, you'll double think that one if it happens. I was interested in this stuff and one night whatever it was was making all sorts of horrible scuffling noises down the hall and I never once thought to record it... frankly, I was too scared.

And as to Lorraine, Sled, she stressed she couldn't move her finger to touch the alarm button... just sayin'.

And sure, sometimes this stuff is pretty spectacular... that's just rare, though.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Here is another fairly famous case that Lorraine was involved in: A Haunting in Connecticut.

There are 10 videos to this series. You can go to the next one from this first one.

The second video is an interview with Lorraine about this particular haunting.

ETA: I can't get the first video to post, but you can pull it up on You Tube. It is definitely worth the watch!

www.youtube.com...

edit on 7/12/2013 by sled735 because: correction to post

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one[

Ha I agree wholeheartedly. I love a good ghost story but consider myself an atheist. I think there is definitely some phenomenon in regard to "ghosts" or whatever it is that people experience but I have never experienced it myself so who knows. When people start going into bible chants I always just think the same thing that perhaps it provides them with a placebo effect to help them not have a rectal malfunction.

I would really like to know what causes it, if it's something to do with space-time, a species we can't see, or something else. In regard to the Amittyville horror the stories were greatly exaggerated from what I have read and other than that it sounds fake from all fronts. That's just me. Either way I will still watch nonsense realities ghost shows because they are entertaining.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Can someone do a blow-up of the upper left window? I am sure I am not the only one that notices the lack of mullions in the window and the ghost face and hand smeared on the 1st quadrant of the glass. Now go have tea before bed, it is getting late.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ezekielken

You can enlarge it on your computer by holding down the "control" and "shift" keys and tapping the + sign until you get it the size you want.

I hadn't noticed until you said something. But there are no faces once you enlarge it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The new movie The Conjuring is also a movie based on Warren case study:

edit on 13-7-2013 by sonyadehart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by sonyadehart

A super-duper, fantastical, blood-chilling ghost story based on true events for our entertainment pleasure!

I love these shows!

In "The Conjuring," directed by James Wan ("Saw," "Insidious"), Patrick Wilson and Vera Farmiga play Ed and Lorraine Warren, who set up an investigation in the Perrons' isolated farmhouse to find definitive proof of the inexplicable and frightening events that are endangering the Perron family. Unfortunately for everyone involved, they find that proof.
"You need proof. That's what you have to have. You can't tell ghost stories," Lorraine Warren told us. While "The Conjuring" may be more ghost story than proof, it's still enough to make you crouch in your seat, scream at the screen, and hide behind your companion.

Source in OP

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyofGlass
Ha I agree wholeheartedly. I love a good ghost story but consider myself an atheist. I think there is definitely some phenomenon in regard to "ghosts" or whatever it is that people experience but I have never experienced it myself so who knows. When people start going into bible chants I always just think the same thing that perhaps it provides them with a placebo effect to help them not have a rectal malfunction.

Yeah, whenever people start chanting at the "demon" "in the name of Jesus Christ.........be gone!".........then the "demon" goes away..........it on the surface might seem to validate the existence of Jesus/God........or that the Bible is validated.
But to me it is much more likely to be as a result of a placebo effect........or indeed the belief of the ghost/spirit when he/she was living.
I.e If the person in life believed in God and the Bible then, it would be affected by Bible chants or invoking Jesus.
If the person was an atheist or believed in a non Christian faith, then perhaps Bible chants would not be effective.

A case in point there was a case of a young American family who lived in Malaysia (It could have been another far Asian country, I can't exactly remember).........but to cut a long story short they moved into a house that they found to be haunted.........and they exercised the ghost with Buddhist rituals.
Anyway.......whether you believe in ghost or not, it's food for thought.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

That's an interesting idea. I also always wonder too if perhaps ghosts are something similar to movies like "Solaris" or "Sphere" where they are just projections of one's psyche. Maybe that's why for a religious person they see a demon and are able to rid themselves of the demon by evoking god's word or for the atheists they never see any because their psyche doesn't believe in that so the projection of reality doesn't have demons.

Interesting about the Buddhist ghost exorcism though...I will have to look that up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join