It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Hunter Lorraine Warren On the Haunted House She Won’t Revisit

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Auricom

Yes, sorry about that. I meant for that reply to be to this member's post:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is why I don't believe anything on television, only stuff on ATS (which is obviously all true). PS: I also hear (on the Internet), that you can't post anything on the Internet that isn't true.

edit on 7/11/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I also met the Warrens at a speaking engagement right after the Amityville investigation in the 1970's. They had a multitude of photographic evidence Ive never seen in print that they took.

Although they agreed that some in the movie was untrue, and majority of it, was.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
who lives there now?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I would love to see that movie soon! To be honest I'm skeptical of any paranormal claims. The Amityville Horror has to be one of the greatest ghost stories and it inspired several great movies as well. As a kid it terrified me because I thought it was real. Looking out for ghost or demons that could be out to get me. Today I see them as fictional but I still love the stories.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
From what I understand of Hollywood, they love to dramatize things, as it sells much better.
However, I have almost no doubt the place was haunted and drove people crazy.
If she won't go back, that would be a pretty good indicator that it spooked her bad enough.
And considering what she and her husband have done over the years, that says something.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

According to my Netflix Queue it will be available for streaming and on DVD on August 6th. You can bet your bottom dollar I will be watching it that day!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
I worked ion the house during the remodeling back n the early 90's, the house isn't haunted

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Interesting post, sled 735, but I 'm always extremely sceptical of people like the Warrens, and people like them, who have no doubt made a nice living over the years out of promoting and
" Investigating " supposed paranormal events. It is their living, and beats working !

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   
I think the house definitely had been haunted or had something there. No idea what or why it isn't now as the current owners seem to insist there is nothing wrong at this point.

The current remake of the original Amityville Horror includes special features that are worth renting the movie for by themselves. I didn't care for the remake and the book beat the original movie but the interviews from the people who actually worked the crime scene of the DeFeo shootings has left me with a profoundly unsettled feeling. It came across in their telling and that's not real easy for a Medical examiner to manage. However, it was far more the details. He shot 6 people with a lever action rifle in different rooms .... different rooms .... and positions/shots indicate they didn't wake up, let alone resist in any way. Some in the same room and DeFeo couldn't be shooting two people at the same moment.

A lever action (.35 caliber?) rifle, for those not familiar with them, is a utility rifle out of the Old West. It's absolutely painful on the hearing in the open air in a way that something like a handgun simply can't be. Yet...not one awoke as they determined.

Something was very very wrong with that crime and perhaps whatever that wrong was faded with time or moved on. One of the two. It's one of the few I think was essentially legit in the original story though.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I noticed this myself. My conclusion is demonic "sleep paralysis". The step dad was an ex-army special forces, a green beret and if I am not mistaken, its been years, I have the book, he was the last to die and never "woke up" during all that.

edit on 12-7-2013 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
I don't blame her for not returning to the site.

Who wants to be in a room with a lion?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I used to watch a very good but sometimes spine-chilling paranormal show called "A Haunting" which used to be on TV in my country,REALLY creepy,and that's where I came to know of Ed+Lorraine.So yeah,if a certain house(or case) unnerves her,that would be unusual,they are very steadfast Christians+seem to be rather stoical people.Interesting thread,thanks for sharing.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I was skeptical of this because it just seemed a little much (I never saw the movie only read the book which Im not sure how accurate that is). But I never have read this testimony from the investigators so I find it a bit more convincing now.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:04 AM
link   
The Warren's are absolutely credible imo. While the house in question has been occupied for years since the event with no paranormal activity reported, and that is usually used as an anchor by skeptics, that doesn't mean paranormal activity didn't occur there. The warrens were one of the few investigative teams brave enough to call a spade a spade and identify demonic sources behind certain hauntings, and the amityville case was one such example. As anyone who has experience with such cases knows, such energies can move with people as they target specific individuals and not just locations.

What I find most interesting from a psychological standpoint is the schism that occurred within the family after the event. Obviously, certain members of the family cashed in, while one member claimed it was all a hoax, and another claimed it wasn't as represented in the movies, but was a very real haunting.

Ed Warren specifically insisted up to his deathbed that the case was legitimate. There will of course be no sufficient evidence to convince the most staunch skeptics, but I'll leave this just for the spook factor:

edit on 12-7-2013 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   
I've been to the Amityville house.
We owned a house nearby ,so I went by one day .
I believe the claims that its clean now. Whatever it was,followed the family. That's what these things do . They latch onto someone.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:35 AM
link   
I've always believed that the only thing that was "evil" in that house was Ronald Defeo Jr.

I'm not sure if you've seen any interviews with Defeo Jr, he's changed his story countless times, he's a cocky, manipulative, compulsive liar and seems to have little remorse for his actions.

If there's any truth in the real Lutz story, not the hollywood versions, then i personally believe that it only started after the horrific killings in that house and not before. Now whether there was genuinely real bad energy in the house after the killings or upon learning about what happened in the house, the Lutzs freaked themselves out psychologically is something we may never know.

edit on 12-7-2013 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by sled735

I can't wait until Netflix gets "My Amityville Horror". It's a documentary with one of the Lutz children (Daniel I think) that tells the real story. Supposedly the events were exaggerated in the movie but Daniel says really freaky stuff did indeed happen. I think the DVD release is next month.

I watched the documentary and let me warn you it was a complete disappointment. It's all about Daniel Lutz who clearly has some serious ego issues, as the whole doco is about him and his "pain".. cut to snippets of his annoying metal guitar playing in his garage.. A stupid religious undertone.. the list goes on.

I thought the doco would be good but it was total rubbish

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
I've been to the Amityville house.
We owned a house nearby ,so I went by one day .
I believe the claims that its clean now. Whatever it was,followed the family. That's what these things do . They latch onto someone.

yep. thats what they do. They will stay there until they either get bored and find another place or another family moves that they can manipulate, they will even follow families around. These kind of demons are usually on the lower end of the totem pole, pretty mindless creatures. Now you entertain them and try to contact them it might catch the attention of some of the higher powers and actually create a more open atmosphere for them to manifest, especially if there is a high degree of fear and ignorance of the creatures. Their motives are purely evil, there is no good in them, even if it might seem they're harmless, they are not. You're best bet is to not have anything to do with them and cast them out of your house and resist them. First, you must be born again and translated out of their kingdom and authority and into the Kingdom of God which has greater power and authority over them. Once you repent and accept the covenant contract by the Blood of Jesus you are instantly given authority over the demons. It is part of the agreement between God and his people that they are delegated power and authority to dominate the powers of darkness.

Mark 16:17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

If you don't accept what i'm saying that's fine, but i've had my dealings with them and have personally seen them terrified when I use the authority thats delegated to me. There are many many others who have come out of cults who even had daily interactions with demons, high level priests and witchdoctors who used to coordinate with them their evil wills daily face to face have the testimony that they thought that Satan had all the power but realized that when they converted and used the power and authority in Christ it was much greater. One converted regional satanic priest gave this testimony, that he asked his Demonic Master that he conjured up to molest an old lady who was trying to stop a young apprentice from joining his occult, the demon went and came back angered and what seemed to be in terror the demon violently told his servant NOT to EVER send him after a Christian again. There are many many more i can say of voodoo priests who don't walk on the ground but walk a few inches off the ground will not go around Christians because they can see giant shining beings of light surrounding them and much more. listen to what i say, don't mess around with demons, don't play with them, they only want to torment you and deploy their evil selfish imaginations on you. anyways my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Jury is still out for me on the Warrens. Paranormal State and Chip Coffey however are proven hoaxers.

Amytiville is a mixture of tragedy, possible residual confused spirits of the murdered family and a lot of folklore and exaggeration.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Chip Coffey is a child molester and a fraud. You can call the former my "psychic intuition" if you wish. The latter is patently confirmed.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join