It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nancy Pelosi says Obamacare employer mandate not delayed !!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
This is unbelievable ....

Now She is trying her darnedest to convince people that Obama Inc. really didn't announce the Employer Mandate delay last week ?

This could be a trick that works because many people simply hear what she says and pass it off as true.

The Employer Mandate 'delay' lets companies off the hook for at least a year on the "reporting' requirements, and thus on the mandate to pay for workers' health insurance also ..... right ?

She seems to be attempting to suggest that employers will still be mandated to pay for insurance of their employees.

What a spin

very clever and sneaky.... ( maybe ?
)

During a press conference on Thursday, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi was asked if she thinks there is “any virtue” in delaying Obamacare’s individual mandate as well as the employer mandate: “No. Absolutely not. I don’t think it’s virtuous at all,” Pelosi said. “In fact, the point is, is that the (business) mandate was not delayed,” Pelosi said.

“Certain reporting by businesses that could be perceived as onerous — that reporting requirement was delayed, partially to review how it would work and how it could be better.

“It was not a delay of the mandate for the businesses, and there shouldn’t be a delay of the mandate for individuals,” Pelosi insisted.

Unlike Pelosi, the Treasury Department’s Mark Mazur acknowledged that the mandate is delayed if the reporting requirements are delayed. “We recognize that this transition relief will make it impractical to determine which employers owe shared responsibility payments (under section 4980H) for 2014,” Mazur wrote. “Accordingly, we are extending this transition relief to the employer shared responsibility payments. These payments will not apply for 2014. Any employer shared responsibility payments will not apply until 2015.”

Queen of denial: Pelosi says Obamacare employer mandate not delayed

But then again, maybe the mandate to actually pay for insurance policies stands ???

I'm confused now

Are these 'shared responsibility payments' just the "fines and penalties" for companies and not the actual insurance premiums paid on behalf of employees ?

Hmmm.

Another Obama Inc. guessing game with more questions than answers ?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Whenever Pelosi speaks, I just want to say. . .

"Dad! Grandma got into the cough syrup again!"

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I wouldn't put much stock into Pelosi's statement. Even though she was Speaker of the House during the ramrodding of the ACA she didn't know what was in it. Every time she opens her mouth she just lets out a big brain fart and swears she smells roses!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Pelosi time to retire.

'The employer mandate not delayed'.

Hmmm.

The flawless idiocracy on Capitol Hill

edit on 11-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Sickening. This reminds me of something....
OH, yeah, I got it.

We've always been at war with Eastasia.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You can't fix stupid.

But you can re-elect it...

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
She has been in her own little world for years. No hope for that woman at all. Unfortunately, the people who continue to vote her in over and over again are in their own little world too.

"We have to pass this bill so we can see what's in it" The total opposite of what the job requires should have been enough to oust this prostitute.
edit on 11-7-2013 by Privateinquotations because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Privateinquotations

She is one sick human being and it is hard to believe she still has an office in the White House - wait minute - she is not alone. Anyway she needs real serious mental help. She has to have videos hidden on some important people some where - I mean com-on?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
What they don't tell you is if your employer does not meet the Employer Mandate on the original date you will have to buy individual mandate insurance to fill the gap till he does if and when he does or if he goes out of business.

You can then convert your individual mandate insurance over to Employer Mandate insurance BUT at a higher price then if your employer had meet the original deadline.
or your employer can leave you stuck at the last minute by going bankrupt and going out of business after hiding all the company money for there retirement.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   

This could be a trick that works because many people simply hear what she says and pass it off as true.

Hahahaha!!! Who would that be?? I've never in my life heard anyone say that she is either a fountain of wisdom OR truth.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Damn, she's right.

The so-called "delay" is only the order to not prosecute nor collect the 2014 penalties in 2014. The penalties for 2014 will still be assessed but now won't be collected until 2015 (along with interest) and the penalties for 2015 .

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tkwasny
Damn, she's right.

The so-called "delay" is only the order to not prosecute nor collect the 2014 penalties in 2014. The penalties for 2014 will still be assessed but now won't be collected until 2015 (along with interest) and the penalties for 2015 .

If it's true that those employers 'required' to pay for employee health insurance is effective Jan 1st, 2014, then we need to wonder WHY Obama Inc. didn't seem to make that crystal clear during the 'announcements'

Instead, they allowed wild speculations to continue.

This is very confusing for the public in general.

I guess we all need lawyers and advisors to figure it all out for us eh?

Maybe THAT'S part of the plan --- make people pay even more for advice now.

Watch for new 'businesses' to pop up that advertise their 'help'

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by whyamIhere
You can't fix stupid.

But you can re-elect it...

Yeah and us AMERICANS keep doing it over and over again!

(if you believe elections are real, that is).......

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   
You will come to love Obamacare,,,,you just need to suffer more & receive alot less

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Blowback

Actually, that video was extremelly boring.

And I don't get a dollar or 20 at the end of it.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blowback
You will come to love Obamacare,,,,you just need to suffer more & receive alot less

Thanks for posting this, it just proves to me that people can easily lie to earn a lil money or a lot of money. Character is not ingrained, lying is ok to make money,and everything we are taught as children is actually disproved as we become adults and you see the outcome in a population of liars and cheats.

I wonder what the percentage of people who turned down the opportunity to make some money because lying is wrong and if that would be different today. That to me is more telling about the population although the cognitive dissonance is interesting and we see it every day in politics and debate.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
When it comes to Polosi one has to ask how long will she remain in this vegetative state?

It seems to me if her family had any kind of sympathy they would just go ahead and give the order to unplug her already. How long has she been clinically dead anyway?

On a more serious note she has been brain dead as long as I can remember.

top topics

join