It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Soul, Many Bodies: The Case for Reincarnation

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
I read this article about reincarnation and wanted to share it with you.

www.wakingtimes.com...-649483

What happens to us when we die? It’s a question everyone eventually asks themselves at some point in their life. It transcends racial, social, political, economic and gender lines, making it the one question common to all human beings whether we like it or not. Yet ever since the first men and woman began pondering their mortality a hundred thousand years ago, the answer has eluded us. What does happen when we die? What becomes of our soul, our mind, our personality – our very essence? For that matter, do we even have such a thing as a soul, or is it all an illusion we have created to give ourselves a sense of permanence and the hope of immortality?

There is only one Truth and many different variations. I have no problem believing that we are made of pure energy and that we get recycled. I have no problem believing that we are all from the same source. I have no problem believing that there are 2 types of energy and one neutral buffer. I have no problem believing that this energy fluctuates with the natural occurrences with in our own planet, solar system, galaxy, surrounding galaxies, the Universe and the surrounding Universes.

If we were never given words I believe we still would know inherently that we have the knowledge of darkness and light and the realm between along with the multiple dimensions that we traverse without limitations of time; a concept we only know because we are forced to accept limitations in this dimension.

Religion is steeped in esoteric righteous rhetoric for the simple fact that by instilling fear there is control over the masses.

I for one, do not think being reincarnated should stop anyone from wanting to be the very best they can be in any life they live. I want to go the light because that is where I feel most comfort, unfortunately there are those that feel the darkness suits them better.

We all have the capability to gravitate in either direction and are made of both energy; yin and yang. We will always be attached to both energies though, but we will inevitably move on to another destination and the energy we feel most comfortable with will be the one we end up with.

I believe what we consider to be ghosts are stuck in between; energy unable to progress due to the uncertain nature they were forced to deal with. They will move on eventually, but time is not measured the same way in that dimension; that is why some “ghosts” seem to be around for centuries in their flux.

Because we do have words, there is many different ways to say the same thing; semantics.

There is only one truth no matter what any of us believe; it is up to each individual to recognize what is their destiny.

I believe I am an old soul that has lived many lives and will continue to do my part to help others achieve their rightful path; after all we are all soul mates, just different vibrations, attached in many ways and it is up to each of us to decide if the light or the dark is the path we choose.

I choose the light, how about you?

Soul

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
You have no choice because there is no free will. Life as you understand it has as much meaning as the dream you dreamed 10 years ago. Basically it has no meaning at all. There is only one truth and your mind can't handle it. If you somehow "knew" the truth, your illusion would end up immediately. Reincarnation is just a myth, a belief.
Everything you just said is a lie. Everything i just wrote is a lie also. What happens after this illusion ends? The question is absurd. How can mind know which can't be known? Mind can't. Mind can know only what can be known. So when mind asks the question, it already knows the answer. If mind doesn't know the answer, there can't be any question.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
What happens if everyone chooses the "grey", the flat-line so the speak?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I really like the reincarnation debate

My own personal experiences are from my parents who said when i was very young about 3 years old, after driving past a hospital, i claimed to have died there after a motorcycle accident

I was very young and the injuries i sustained were round about the birthmarks i had, birthmarks disappeared as i got older

My name was John, and i was travelling with my Girlfriend

this always fascinated me, and it freaked my parents out. I was a pretty imaginative child so i kept one foot in both camps about reincarnation

I recently saw a program where it claims we are every person is every life to have ever to have existed as the meaning of time is really just a human concept, which means i am you and you are me under different circumstances. interesting stuff

reincarnation and jumping energy/soul is really nice concept

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   

In 1 King 17, Elijah shows his command over the Dew and Rain. You and I are the Dew from the ocean of a larger body. Later in 1 Kings 17, Elijah is showing the process of Involution and Evolution when he takes the widow woman's son and restores his life.

Later, in the 1st century, Elijah is shown as John the Baptist. Matthew 3 and John 3 are key chapters to show you what baptism (Involution) is for the purpose of (Evolution) rising to new life. My new book on this subject is nearly complete and in the proofing state right now. It's 200 pages of this same information. Much of what I put in my book can be found in the pages of my posts and threads by topic. The topic focuses on seven key words from Greek and Latin:

Amn - Lamb
Amni - River of Life
Amnio - Bowl that catches the blood of the sacrificial lamb
Amnion - Sac covering the womb
Amniotic Fluid - Water of the womb
Amnesia - Condition of the waters
Amnesty - Forgiveness from the cleansing of the waters

As Jesus says, "you must be born again."

Find the Dew and Rain in Isaiah 26:

19 But your dead will live, Lord;
their bodies will rise—
let those who dwell in the dust
wake up and shout for joy—
your dew is like the dew of the morning;
the earth will give birth to her dead.
20 Go, my people, enter your rooms
and shut the doors behind you;
hide yourselves for a little while
until his wrath has passed by.
21 See, the Lord is coming out of his dwelling
to punish the people of the earth for their sins.
The earth will disclose the blood shed on it;
the earth will conceal its slain no longer.

edit on 11-7-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I believe that consciousness survives physical "death". Reincarnation is a choice a spirit can make. Earth is a planet of amnesia. I have heard that those born on other planets don't forget there past lives. For us this causes much suffering and confusion. We have all done this before. Forgetting this makes us believe this is our first time living. Earth is a world of sensual pleasure. Spirits wish to come back into an Earthly existence to expierience this world again. But once you make that choice, you are made into a totally new personality. The Egyptians knew this very well. Thats why they place so mush importance on the after-life. They actually had a term for choosing not to return to Earth. Its called Starwalking. The afterlife ability to traverse tho cosmos using spiritual focus alone. The physical body of course can't survive in outerspace. The Spirit can, and has virtually no limits. These matters were kept extremely secret. The book Starwalkers and the Dimention of the Blessed goes in to this topic in great detail.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I have been shown that it is possible one soul but maybe not many different bodies but the same body and your body grows depending on your environment. If one dies in a certain manner they can come back in the same body. I had a vision where Timothy was actually John the baptist. He took on the character in order to evade arrest. I remember laying on a deathbed after an altercation and being trampled. A woman brings a special drink and then i'm on a ship planning on how to get the king to chop off my head. In the blink of an eye i am back to life and in the middle of the kings courtyard. So i am not sure about the whole many bodies part and if everyone goes through reincarnation or just a few that choose to. i can only go off what my visions show me.The bible does point in that direction a bit but also never implies that it happens to everyone. The best i can tell is that one must have a certain herb in their system at death but it was a vision so who knows.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Everything works in cycles, so why should life be any different? Just as the seasons come and go, so too shall our bodies.

All we know is life, so why would there be anything other than it? There are no gaps in life, you cannot be aware of being unaware, so even if you were in a coma for 30 years, you'd think it was the blink of an eye.

There is no evidence of anything other than life, so why would that evidence change after we die? Death is only an illusion, and many people have gotten rich and powerful off of that illusion, especially those who run religion. What better way to control people than to make them believe they only have one shot at life?

I definitely believe in reincarnation, it makes the most sense to me personally. Jesus even taught reincarnation, but those who run religion got a hold of his message and changed it to hide that fact.
edit on 11-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   

While doing a little soul searching I had an experience that resulted in a vision that more or less falls in line with this thread. I made a post elsewhere so I snipped and added to it in an effort to save time.

I found myself living, remembering different lives in such a blur, all within a few actual minutes but seemed like lifetimes to me as I experienced it. Then everything zoomed out and those lives blurred into a whirl wind, tornado of human experience where I was not the only one playing through. I could see larger, faceless, golden entities sitting at the edge of the whirl wind pool. As they entered to live life, some would pull back as if being immersed under water and coming back up for air. They would lose themselves as they went under and pull back at the shock of forgetting who they were or at becoming completely immersed in the experience until they finally were sure that is what they wanted to do. There was no narration I could only "know" this by watching and observing and comparing it to what I had just expereinced. For many it seemed as if it were a game, a competition with each one trying to get a high score, achieve a goal, and some were like me, just wanting to enjoy life. I'm sure there was some learning and deeper meaning just out of reach but it really came across as simple entertainment. Just like you or I hopping into the car to joy ride or walking through a park when we aren't pressed for time. It is an immersive experience where you forget who you are each time you go in, sometimes remembering or catching a glimpse of your true self while enjoying that specific run at life only to come back and play the game again. If I was an artist I would draw what I saw, it was amazing and gave a sense of extreme power and unity at the same time.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Oannes

Thanks for sharing! I think I will read up on the StarWalkers stuff as it sounds interesting.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
Jesus even taught reincarnation, but those who run religion got a hold of his message and changed it to hide that fact.

No he didn't. Which part of the message did they change and hide? Let me guess, it's probably a symbolic passage.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RealTruthSeeker

Jesus even taught reincarnation, but those who run religion got a hold of his message and changed it to hide that fact.

No he didn't.

Yes he did. He said that John the Baptist was Elijah. He had to be otherwise the prophecy and his messiahhood wouldn't have been possible.

Which part of the message did they change and hide? Let me guess, it's probably a symbolic passage.

In December, 1945, early Christian writings containing many secrets of the early Christian religion were found in upper Egypt, a location where many Christians fled during the Roman invasion of Jerusalem. Undisturbed since their concealment almost two thousand years ago, these manuscripts of Christian mysticism rank in importance with the Dead Sea Scrolls.

These writings affirmed the existence of the doctrine of reincarnation being taught among the early Jews and Christians. These Christian mystics, referred to as Christian Gnostics, were ultimately destroyed by the orthodox Church for being heretics. Their sacred writings were destroyed and hidden with the belief that they would be revealed at an appropriate time in the future.

Reincarnation and the Early Christians

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RealTruthSeeker

If you think all of Jesus' message is contained in the bible, you are sadly mistaken. A group of powerful politicians decided what did and didn't go into the bible, and we all know how politicians and leaders are, don't we? They're liars, and it was no different 1,700 years ago, especially in the bloodiest and most corrupt empire in history.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

No he didn't.

Oh yeah? Prove he never did. You can't, because the reverse can neither be proved or disproved.
edit on 11-7-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I guess if we take what Jesus said about John then I guess your right. But keep in mind that Elijah never died in the flesh.

Moreover, the books you quoted as being proof that Jesus taught reincarnation is not apart of the Dead Sea Scrolls. Everyone knows that those books were written hundreds of years later and was the reason they were rejected.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

If you think all of Jesus' message is contained in the bible, you are sadly mistaken. A group of powerful politicians decided what did and didn't go into the bible, and we all know how politicians and leaders are, don't we? They're liars, and it was no different 1,700 years ago, especially in the bloodiest and most corrupt empire in history.

I've yet to see any, anywhere, where the teachings are in harmony. I've read them all. It's clear the later ones where nothing but fake.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 01:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

All texts that didn't comply with "current" doctrine was destroyed. The gnostic texts are one example that we wouldn't have at all if if was left to the church to responsibly keep them. Another example are all the writings and discussions of reincarnation that were destroyed by order of Emperor Justinian.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Wait, what? I don't know what you're saying here, sorry.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join