It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radio bursts in far parts of universe hint of cataclysm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Hello ATS! Long time lurker, first time poster. I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, I am not very proficient with the ATS Search Functions.

www.latimes.com...

Scientists say that strange bursts of radio waves from the far side of the universe hint at some kind of cosmic cataclysm. Any thoughts to what this may be?? I've always had a feeling our entire universe may exist in the event horizon of a giant black hole... Could these radio bursts provide signs that the far edges of our universe are folding into the singularity?

More in-depth explanation of the phenomena here:

arstechnica.com...
edit on 10-7-2013 by GatorBait888 because: additional source material

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've often felt the same.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by GatorBait888

Interesting...i've never actually thought of that.But then again i thought the whole had to collapse to become a singularity
edit on 10-7-2013 by wildapache because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Can we do this on an introduction?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   
A large planet/comet maybe coming directly towards our galaxy? or perhaps aliens received our radio message we sent years ago, and are finally responding

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by iam6degrees
Can we do this on an introduction?

It seems to be the trend. Look at the new topics....oh yah, welcome to ATS didn't see you there for a moment.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GRANDWULF

Thankfully the article has the signal coming from the far side of the UNIVERSE, not just our galaxy (although the caption on the picture of the top says galaxy which is a bit misleading).

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by PurpleVortex

Thank you

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by GatorBait888
Hello ATS! Long time lurker, first time poster. I apologize if this topic has already been discussed, I am not very proficient with the ATS Search Functions.

www.latimes.com...

Scientists say that strange bursts of radio waves from the far side of the universe hint at some kind of cosmic cataclysm. Any thoughts to what this may be?? I've always had a feeling our entire universe may exist in the event horizon of a giant black hole... Could these radio bursts provide signs that the far edges of our universe are folding into the singularity?

I've often thought our galactic center is the event horizon of a black hole that stretches the universe. All other galaxies are the milky way at different stages of time frame dragging behind us.
edit on 10-7-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall

Originally posted by GatorBait888

www.latimes.com...

I've often thought our galactic center is the event horizon of a black hole that stretches the universe. All other galaxies are the milky way at different stages of time frame dragging behind us.
Cool theory. I like it.
Oh, welcome new person!!!

edit on 7/10/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by GatorBait888

If you are really a long time lurker, then you should know that you introduce yourself first...then start a thread after 20 posts. It's easy.

Welcome and enjoy your stay.
-nat
edit on 10-7-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
No questions. No thread starting. No comments other than introducing oneself.

Introduction only 1st. Then 20 posts to any subjects. Then you can thread start .

Read the Forum rules. After all that....welcome.

join