It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Citizens Receiving Food Aid from Federal Gov't Now Outnumber Full-Time Private Sector Workers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

It's the only way, the only way to really get this economy moving again is if employers start paying a living wage again.

They need to think of it as an investment in their country and their own business. You get people jobs that pay enough so that they can support themselves you are going to see benefits across the board. From increased revenue to the IRS (less deficits in Washington) to more people buying more things and getting more services.

This neocon business model doesn't work and it won't.

As long as we have people willing to work for peanuts, we will have the problem.

The general workforce needs to grow a pair and get paid.

But what do you do with the scabs anyway ?

And I think some small businesses will go broke with higher wages.

That may run a risk of big corporate takeovers.

I bet that's the main goal.

Just look at what WalMart has 'accomplished' with putting small stores out of business.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Look folks.....

It does not matter if you are on the side that says gov is trying to control people.....or the side that says this is a corporate subsidy that allows them to pay lower wages....

It is totally unsustainable....period.

eventually....this sytem as it stands....is going to force everyone....regardless of income level.....to beg the GOV for food....

This is the final solution.....and the solution is to kill off everyone that disagrees with the regime...

you think I am kidding.....

Have a nice dandelion salad tonight and make sure to save some for tomorrow.....otherwise you are out of here in less than a month....

It's came full circle and the sheep have been too stupid to see it....

You actually want nutritional food to be sustained....you better shut you mouth and do what you are told.....

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

It's the only way, the only way to really get this economy moving again is if employers start paying a living wage again.

what part of the last 5 years have some people missed?

Hello?????????????????????????? 100 million Americans on Government assistance 47% of Americans working PART TIME.

They need to think of it as an investment in their country and their own business. You get people jobs that pay enough so that they can support themselves you are going to see benefits across the board. From increased revenue to the IRS (less deficits in Washington) to more people buying more things and getting more services.

People should get paid FOR the work they do NOT what they think they are worth ALL so they can go out and buy corporate products.

Obviously it doesn't work as that NEOCON in the oval office and his business model clearly is not working.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Jobs programs are your answer????

Good hell. Nothing like "make work" jobs to better the economy
, all funded by the magical and mystical tax payer.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

Sams Club is owned by Walmart.

Look at the average sale per customer for each place.
Walmart has a lower average then Sams and Costco. Geez, I wonder why Sams and Costco can pay more.

Again, market conditions set the wage, not Govt.
edit on 10-7-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Walmart isn't owned by Target.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by macman

And the largest employers in this country are not the Costco's,Walmarts, or Targets;

The largest employer in the US is small business the mom and pop, and next door neighbors.

That are being strangled by the most glorious 'Government is here to help'.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Fixed. sorry about that.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
would many of the citizens be counted by more than one programs?

a child could be on the free lunch program at school, the parents receive food stamps and be in the summer food program.

there are so many government programs, it is easy to count the people multiple times, since many adults are experts at playing the system.

now the same child is counted three times.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by neo96

In a global market, the only living wage that an import based economy could attempt would have to be based on the lowest denominator.

I am fairly certain that that number is substantially less then current US minimum wages.

So, that leaves two choices. Elevate the lowest denominators up, which is extremely unrealistic. Or, remove yourself from the global economy, which is not advisable to import based economies.

Pick your poison, I guess.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

a child could be on the free lunch program at school, the parents receive food stamps and be in the summer food program.

there are so many government programs, it is easy to count the people multiple times, since many adults are experts at playing the system.

So if a child is receiving breakfast and lunch at school, what happens to all the food stamps being provided to the parent(s)? It's obvious the system is ripe for abuse.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The majority of people on foodstamps are CHILDREN and the ELDERLY

Those people can't work.
edit on 10-7-2013 by WaterBottle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi

Originally posted by citizen6511

So if a child is receiving breakfast and lunch at school, what happens to all the food stamps being provided to the parent(s)? It's obvious the system is ripe for abuse.

The parents buy food with it. A school lunch does not meet the daily caloric requirements. Oh, and the parents have to eat too.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUniverse

I'd be willing to bet if our CEOs could find a bunch more jobs to export, we could get these numbers up a lot higher.

Sometimes I wonder who is going to be buying all the imported products when we are all done drawing unemployment and are too fat from eating "junk food" to go to the store to exchange our food stamps for some more imported "junk food"?

A little forward thinking, about thirty years ago, rather than chasing the high profits from paying slave wages still escapes most of these guys.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WaterBottle

Yep, they sure do have to eat.

I still don't see where it is okay that my paycheck is robbed from, to do the job of other parents.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by WaterBottle

Yep, they sure do have to eat.

I still don't see where it is okay that my paycheck is robbed from, to do the job of other parents.

If you hate social programs that stop the USA from turning into a third word country then go move to one. I don't want to see starving kids with bloated stomachs and flies in their eyes on the street begging for food over here.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by teamcommander

I'd be willing to bet if our CEOs could find a bunch more jobs to export, we could get these numbers up a lot higher.

Sometimes I wonder who is going to be buying all the imported products when we are all done drawing unemployment and are too fat from eating "junk food" to go to the store to exchange our food stamps for some more imported "junk food"?

A little forward thinking, about thirty years ago, rather than chasing the high profits from paying slave wages still escapes most of these guys.

If only it were that simple.

Consumers deserve just as much blame as the suppliers. Consumers had no problems making Walmart style companies extremely profitable until it started to hurt their personal well being. Just like suppliers will have no problem with it until it hurts their personal well being.

Two sides, one coin. Both have equal power to change the future, but currently both sides are too busy pointing fingers to notice.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by macman

And the largest employers in this country are not the Costco's,Walmarts, or Targets;

The largest employer in the US is small business the mom and pop, and next door neighbors.

That are being strangled by the most glorious 'Government is here to help'.

Obama has given small business's 17 tax breaks since he has been office it is the big companies that are screwing their employees over. Walmart employees receive over a billion dollars a year in government aid. And Walmart is the largest employer in this country.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
And Walmart is the largest employer in this country.

Incorrect.

The US government is the largest employer in the US.

DOD, alone, employs more then Walmart.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Metallicus

It is amazing how much worse we are under Obama in just 5 years.

I don't think he could have done more damage to the country and our prosperity if he was doing it on purpose.

Wait..

The only thing funnier is people pointing to a puppet administration - this is the direction we are heading as long as we (the people) particpate in this ridiculous, fake, only-left-or-right, WWE-esque Mickey Mouse society.

It will not end, until we ELECT. INTELLIGENCE.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join