It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explanation of climate change made easy

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

As far as looking at leaves, do what I've done and actually go outside and look at them. I've looked and studied them for hours.

Others have noticed the intensity of thunder's sound changing.

And most people still wouldn't classify the sun as yellow anymore, but white/blue. That's why the sun is no longer classified as a yellow dwarf, but a variable one. But we can still give you that prize if you want.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by CircleOfDust

because I thought they always taught us in school that closeness to the sun doesn't account fr our change in weather.

So how do we get summer and winter, what are the seasons?

help me understand this logic.

If there is a flame on a candle burning you put the palm of hand facing it at a half a meter away, you move your hand closer and it doesn't get warmer?

Please explain how you have come to believe this as it makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   

They always taught me that it was the inclination or tilt of the earth. I can't believe you asked this honestly.

Edit to add:

That's why we are actually closer to the sun in winter (N hemisphere), and farther from it in summer (N hemi).
edit on 10-7-2013 by CircleOfDust because: winter/summer data

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Let's put it this way, if the sun stopped shining and the Earth just started floating out in space, it would have its own weather of its own?

Of course it wouldn't, that's ridiculous. No one is saying that the sun has nothing to do with our climate, I specifically said the sun is our climate... so what's different now? It isn't the sun. Since you won't show us how solar output has increased, I'll show you that it hasn't.

The 3rd image is huge, sorry bout that.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Well I'm a firm believer in data being manipulated and withheld from us, to keep most folks from seeing the truth of what's really happening. Glad that you have absolute faith in your rulers. I call it naivete at best, delusion at worst.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

As far as looking at leaves, do what I've done and actually go outside and look at them. I've looked and studied them for hours.

So supply your results that can be verified, because your word shows a lack of scientific understanding.

Others have noticed the intensity of thunder's sound changing.

So have I,

do you expect every occasion of thunder to be identical in sound and intensity?

As I said before is this something you can prove or you just going of memory from the last 30 years?

And most people still wouldn't classify the sun as yellow anymore, but white/blue.

Maybe have your eyes checked and ask most people you know too as well, blue?

What do mean by classify? before it was stated what colour the sun looked like, which in my understanding means when you look at it what colour did you see.

That's why the sun is no longer classified as a yellow dwarf

Well if this is whats meant when you said classify, the please explain how science gave our sun that classification in the first place, was it because some scientist just looked at it as said it looks like a yellow small circle so we will classify it a yellow dwarf?

Or is there another process for making such classifications?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   
everybody can chill out...the global oil and energy companies won't let anything get in the way of profits. ....this planet will slowly become dangerous to live on the surface, nothing is going to stop the climate change because it's just too late. my grandkids will suffer, but me?, I'll be long gone. nobody has the will or the power to stop it.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust

They always taught me that it was the inclination or tilt of the earth. I can't believe you asked this honestly.

Edit to add:

That's why we are actually closer to the sun in winter (N hemisphere), and farther from it in summer (N hemi).
edit on 10-7-2013 by CircleOfDust because: winter/summer data

You just said a few posts ago you weren't taught this in school.

Interesting though, because I thought they always taught us in school that closeness to the sun doesn't account fr our change in weather.

You're beginning to make less and less sense as you go along.

And now you've fallen back to this:

Well I'm a firm believer in data being manipulated and withheld from us, to keep most folks from seeing the truth of what's really happening. Glad that you have absolute faith in your rulers. I call it naivete at best, delusion at worst

Our rulers are much more interested in keeping us dependent on oil and the status quo. Acknowledging the real culprit of our current climate change would mean changing our way of life (what makes them so rich and powerful). So ironic that you mentioned Tesla. Tesla who was on his way to giving us all free, clean energy.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
everybody can chill out...the global oil and energy companies won't let anything get in the way of profits. ....this planet will slowly become dangerous to live on the surface, nothing is going to stop the climate change because it's just too late. my grandkids will suffer, but me?, I'll be long gone. nobody has the will or the power to stop it.

Unfortunately you're probably right. It doesn't have to be that way, all it takes is us to turn off our tvs, our computers, our cell phones and till the soil, help our neighbor, and stop consuming, among other things.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

I said they taught us that the distance wasn't a factor, not the tilt.

So what's the real culprit? The distance from the sun over many years?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Sorry but you lost my respect with your question and not understanding the earth's tilt. You'll be on auto-ignore from me.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CircleOfDust
reply to post by Kali74

I said they taught us that the distance wasn't a factor, not the tilt.

So what's the real culprit? The distance from the sun over many years?

We are the real culprit.

You just said in the previous post that all we have to do is turn off our tv's computers etc... if it was just the sun what good would that do?

It would do good but that's because the sun isn't the driver of climate change this time, we are. We are the ones changing the atmosphere. Our dependence on fossil fuels is changing the chemistry of the atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

That's just nonsense. Compare like the previous poster said about how much a volcano can do compared to us.

What's the effectiveness of the most common types of greenhouse gases? That is, how effective is CO2 to methane? What's the number one greenhouse gas? It ain't CO2 and it ain't rocket science.

If we turned our electronic robotic devices off, acknowledged our God and respected all his creation as a living conscious organism, then the clock he put in place wouldn't be necessary.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

So now it's volcanic not solar? Or is it because we're not honoring God enough?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

You're not understanding what I've been saying since I've been talking to you.

Take the time to listen to somebody rather than what our common tendency to do, think about how we're going to respond.

Otherwise, there's not much point in going back and forth with you, esp since you couldn't answer the simplest question on the #1 greenhouse gas.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The number one GHG is water vapor. The second is Co2.

What's your point?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

We are on the EXACT same page.

I began working on a theory of "Interstellar Medium and its direct effect on Innerstellar Energy/Heat".

In it I theorize that the entering of a new intersteller space density area (cloud) by a solar system (which ours is currently doing as proven by Bow Shock data a few years ago), results in adding friction to the system and increases system wide heat as a result. Added heat, hotter sun; hotter sun more energy released; more energy released more energy absorbed by planets within the system.

As the Solar sytem enters more dense intersteller clouds, it slows down due to friction, this will increase heat solar sytem wide and effect all planets.

Good thread, I agree with you.

God Bless,
edit on 10-7-2013 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

The number one GHG is water vapor. The second is Co2.

What's your point?

Good. And not CO2 by strength. It's one of the weakest.

You can probably figure this out.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ElohimJD

Fantastic. I never thought of it in terms of friction before. I'll be thinking about this a lot, thanks.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   

You can probably figure this out.

No, no... enlighten me please.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join