It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unknown Force Changing Cloud's Shape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Link

For those who can't view the video it's a cloud that appears to be changing shape (very) rapidly. The quality isn't great, but it sure is weird.

Anyone have any ideas what's causing this to happen or if some video trickery is afoot? At first I thought the person was filming through a cars sunroof and manipulating water to make the effect.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I'm no video expert so can't weigh in in that capacity, but damn that looks crazy!

Dare I say the H word?

Or project blue beam?
edit on 9-7-2013 by denybedoomed because: Eta

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't know what the hell that is,
but that is the best unexplained cloud phenomenon
I have ever seen in a youtube clip.

...wait...

Maybe it's Grazer 1
from the 1995 movie
"Under siege 2: Dark Territory"

Mike

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I noticed that with every jerk or shake of the camera that the one cloud changes shape. What's weird is that none of the other clouds move like that.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
This is a rather old video, and explained here: blogs.discovermagazine.com...

The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Sure it ain't swamp gas?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Ok I will be the first to call the video fake, FAKE, FAKE!!! How do we know if this was an actual live links video?

If I was filming that video and witness that first hand, I would be screaming and swearing up a storm and the people in the background would be firing off shots.

I call it a hoax until fox news drops the dime.

By the way OP, great find seriously!!!! You got my s+f because I'm really baffled by this video. This can't be real or someone has a bad### cloaking device.
edit on 9-7-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
It's not really much of a mystery when you understand the electrical properties of water. Look up water bridge.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Wasnt this video posted like 20x already last year?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Boy, that is a big slug. I hope it's nowhere near my garden. I'd have to get a barrel of beer for bait to catch that one.

Kinda neat video, I think that is caused by illumination light coming through holes in the clouds and striking one of those clouds that glow when lit. I wonder what causes certain clouds to only glow, like they are separate kind of materials from the others. One day I saw completely separate reddish color clouds floating with white ones, they did not touch each other or mix. I can't understand why they did not mix into the other clouds. Oh well, I guess there are lots of things I still have to learn about.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kimish
I noticed that with every jerk or shake of the camera that the one cloud changes shape. What's weird is that none of the other clouds move like that.

The camera movements are not related, the camera is just observing. It was a subject here some time ago and many thought it was a hoax at first, including EmWah.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Ahh thanks. The sad thing is I probably posted in one of the apparently multiple threads and just forgot. I suppose I should probably start doing searches.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

Haha, when fox drops the dime I'll promptly call it fake.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Already posted here:

Unexplained light in clouds - HAARP?? or something else in 2011

And reposted here yesterday:

Cloud rapidly changing shape

EDIT to say: Sigh I need to read the whole thread

edit on 10-7-2013 by Dumbass because: sigh

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
This is a rather old video, and explained here: blogs.discovermagazine.com...

The answer lies in this: ice crystals, especially long needles, tend to become aligned with the ambient electric field.

So what you are seeing is sunlight reflecting off ice crystal faces that are constantly being oriented by the developing electric field just above the [cumulonimbus] top. Then there is a discharge in the cloud, and the field collapses momentarily, and the crystals begin to realign again. Then this just keeps happening over and over.

Its just crazy that this could naturally occur

top topics

join