It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Online UFO Data Dumps?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I never had much of an interest in UFOs, but yesterday a family member hesitantly shared a weird story with me. Since my brother's fairly sharp (PhD in mathematics). I decided to do some investigating.

I see ATS has a few threads discussing book recommendations:

* What Are Your Top Ten UFO Books? — www.abovetopsecret.com...
* Good UFO books? — www.abovetopsecret.com...
etc. etc.

However many of the recommendations are hard to find since they are out of print. So, I am curious if there are any media collections online that are in the public domain?

The few books that I've found on google look like rubbish. I am hoping there's something out there that's focused on research done by astronomers and the like.

I am sure someone somewhere has compiled a list of freely available online material.

Impress me.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   
It may be a bit off of what you're after, but I do recall this thread a few weeks ago which had some decent PDF files.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroSumWinner

BAM!
  1. An Introduction To UFOs & A Few Reading Tips - my favorite current resource thread
  2. The *ULTIMATE* UFO Researcher's Library - sounds cheesy but it's awesome
  3. Online Ufo library - extracting information from books, interviews, pictures, stories - bit disorganized but worth a look-see
  4. Xts UFO Scrapbook - A case repository from 3000 BCE to Present - takes some doing to setup, here are the instructions
  5. And last search for: Giant Collection of UFO eBooks

Looking forward to see what other people share.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JeffersonAirplane

Thanks! It looks well organized, but I was hoping for something written by someone with a bit more authority. The first case 1901 Bournbrook is sourced to a magazine called Flying Saucer Review. Having a name like that I can't help but think the magazine is a bit biased. Ideally I'd like a book or peer reviewed paper written by someone who professionally observes the sky (assuming such books/publications exist).

edit on 8-7-2013 by ZeroSumWinner because: emoticon issues

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroSumWinner
reply to post by JeffersonAirplane

Thanks! It looks well organized, but I was hoping for something written by someone with a bit more authority. The first case 1901 Bournbrook is sourced to a magazine called Flying Saucer Review. Having a name like that I can't help but think the magazine is a bit biased. Ideally I'd like a book or peer reviewed paper written by someone who professionally observes the sky (assuming such books/publications exist).

edit on 8-7-2013 by ZeroSumWinner because: emoticon issues

There was another thread on here too about a month ago that had a pdf which was a list of sightings released by the government (This was an extremely long and detailed amount of reading) but I cant find it at all! ATS' search function sadly leaves a lot to be desired.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hitandrun

Now here's some meat! The first link is definitely going to be useful. The scrapbook is huge. It's gonna take awhile to download. As for the second link, the website is complaining about not being able to load the player (same problem in all browsers konqueror/chrome/IE/FF/safari). The description gives a few steps. I'll have to investigate that more later. Thanks for the tip.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Would recommend this site:

waterufo.net...

And you may want to check out some threads from IsaacKoi, I'm sure he has warehouses full of files

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Hey Hey Hey!

You simply cannot begin a thread by referencing UFO's and a weird story and then just ask for online resources!

We want to hear the weird story! Unless of course its too personal, then I retract my statement.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Hey Hey Hey!

You simply cannot begin a thread by referencing UFO's and a weird story and then just ask for online resources!

We want to hear the weird story! Unless of course its too personal, then I retract my statement.

I might be able to get my brother to comment, but for now I am just doing a little cross-referencing to make sure I am not getting my leg pulled.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

And you may want to check out some threads from IsaacKoi, I'm sure he has warehouses full of files

Well I guess I got what I asked for. That's a lot of info. Are there any document dumps like that for those of us who are stateside? I got the disclose.tv link to work.
The FOIA part of the collection looks obscenely massive. Does that include everything on UFOs that's currently available or are the documents scattered all over the place?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

... are the documents scattered all over the place?

It's so bad I wouldn't be surprised if the NSA setup PRISM to try to find all the UFO documents scattered all over the internet.
It's a jungle.

Are there any document dumps like that for those of us who are stateside?

Isaac to the rescue!

• FBI: “discs recovered”, Air Force “greatly concerned”, “at a complete loss” + more memos,
  • Massive UFO disclosure in USA

I got the disclose.tv link* to work. The FOIA part of the collection looks obscenely massive. Does that include everything on UFOs that's currently available.

Assuming you're talking about what I think you're talking about. It's as damn near as you're gonna get.

• posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:25 AM
    link   

Avoid anything related to Steven Greer. The guy is a clown and no one respects him. He's a modern day P.T Barnum.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:36 AM
    link   

Gary Heseltine is a retired British police detective constable with over 22 years service. In 2002 founded the PRUFOS (Police Reporting UFO Sightings)

give him a try all he does is collect police sightings

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:25 AM
    link   
    reply to post by TheMalefactor

No reason to beat around the bush.

concen.org...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:46 PM
    link   
    reply to post by ZeroSumWinneryour parameters being #1 in english 2#credible scientific/gov  readily available,might i suggest a)the sturrack report (stanford) b)GEIPAN/SEPRA (france & euro) c)the COMETA report (france/euro) for starters= these are extant in translation-just search them,or you might enjoy the extensive list of topics @ UFOEVIDENCE.com.hope this this will lead you to what youre looking for..adonay vashu baragasx̣⊗

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:09 PM
    link   

In addition to the recommendations by everyone else and particularly the post two up. I suggest keeping an eye out for Isaac's "The Collective." There is a lot that has yet to be released.

Shalom,
    FS

edit on 9-7-2013 by FooScience because: getting old...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:32 PM
    link   

All I am willing to say is that my brother works for IBM at Watson Research Center.

The story is his to tell and frankly if I were him. I wouldn't say anything.

Anyhow I got more than I anticipated. Thanks everyone. I appreciate the spirit of sharing.

+/u/bitcointip 1 beer verify
    ZeroSumWinner ---> m฿ 47.11 mBTC [$3.64 USD] ---> hitandrun

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 03:46 PM
    link   

All I am willing to say is that my brother works for IBM at Watson Research Center.

The story is his to tell ...

I gotta admit. I'm still curious about this one. I actually logged in today with the hope that there would be something more to the story.
    Any chance you can convince your brother to create an account and give us a rough sketch of what happened? ATS is anonymous after all.

edit on 28-7-2013 by Mishmashum because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:45 PM
    link   

originally posted by: Mishmashum
    reply to post by TheMalefactor

No reason to beat around the bush.

concen.org...

The link doesn't seem to be working. Is the material still available to download anywhere else? I wanted to share the URL with a colleague of mine, but unfortunately it looks like it is missing. It would be a real shame if it is gone. The library was really quite spectacular.

edit to add:
    re: "Any chance you can convince your brother to create an account and give us a rough sketch of what happened?"

Sorry, my brother can't discuss it.
    edit on 12-10-2014 by ZeroSumWinner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 09:25 PM
    link   
    a reply to: ZeroSumWinner

It is not gone yet! I clicked the video link description and found a reddit post with a link to a downloadable 7zip of all the magnets and torrents.

www.reddit.com...

It is still alive (barely). More people need to seed! I'd hate to see this thing die!

edit on 14-10-2014 by hitandrun because: fixing links

new topics

top topics

join