It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Part 2 of Famous Snowden Interview!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Typical pre-apology: sorry if this has already been posted.

www.guardian.co.uk...
Click link for video

In the second part of an exclusive interview with Glenn Greenwald and Laura Poitras, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden contemplates the reaction from the US government to his revelations of top-secret documents regarding its spying operations on domestic and foreign internet traffic, email and phone use. This interview was recorded in Hong Kong on 6 June 2013

This is the second part of the interview that spread like wildfire across the internet!
edit on 8-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Can't wait to see what the trolls have to say about this part?

I'll say it again Snowden is the man!!!

Why so long for the second part tho? I bet Snowden would have got to us faster

s+f

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcatt

I'll say it again Snowden is the man!!!

s+f

I think they delayed this part on purpose. Just to shove it in their faces

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolcatt

s+f

The Guardian is most likley being hit with lots of closet legal crap from the USA and its cronys.

And if the intelliagnce community is involved then its likely more than legal stuff and also threats too to property, persons and there familiy.

On top of this Snowden has been holed up in Russia and Russia stated he could stay on the condition he stoped his leaks...... So he may have had to stop untill he moved country.
edit on 8-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

On top of this Snowden has been holed up in Russia and Russia stated he could stay on the condition he stoped his leaks...... So he may have had to stop untill he moved country.

Arrr ok does make sense.

Hope to hear more from him soon.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Regarding PRISM: “Companies like Google, Facebook, Apple, Microsoft — they all get together with the NSA and provide the NSA direct access to the back ends of all the systems you use to communicate

Sort of conflicts with

Mark Zuckerberg says press reports alleging that the social network gave the government access to its servers are 'outrageous

“Google cares deeply about the security of our users’ data,” a company spokesperson wrote in an emailed statement. “We disclose user data to government in accordance with the law, and we review all such requests carefully. From time to time, people allege that we have created a government ‘back door’ into our systems, but Google does not have a ‘back door’ for the government to access private user data.”

Microsoft offered something similar: “We provide customer data only when we receive a legally binding order or subpoena to do so, and never on a voluntary basis. In addition we only ever comply with orders for requests about specific accounts or identifiers. If the government has a broader voluntary national security program to gather customer data we don’t participate in it.”

Translation: We don't give a flying [snip] about your privacy.

edit on 8-7-2013 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:00 PM
link   
For shame Australia, New Zealand, and Canada... puppets of the evil American/British empire...

I wish I was surprised...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Snowden is a patsy. Don't get me wrong, I believe he fully believes in what he has done, and what he has said and continues to say, but was manipulated into doing what he did by deliberate exposure to nefarious practices his psychological profile suggested he would renege against. He was a predictable whistleblower, and the object of the whole exercise was to bring the surveillance program into public consciousness, to ride the storm of international umbrage, and then continue with the program in full public knowledge that it exists.

Guess what? We've already accepted the surveillance program, made known our complaint, and rather than turn out to dismantle it, we've actually now made it policy. Snowden is genuinely on the run, but the real point of the exercise was to establish the program into the public's conscious acceptance, and that has been an undoubted success. Mission accomplished. Globalisation assimilation agenda number whatever can now be ticked off, what's next?

They took a highly principled man and showed him very unprincipled practices and he shouted out about them. He and we were all played for fools. Not only that, but they also pushed the envelope of international cooperation by denying 'airspace' not only to a pronounced fugitive, but also to visiting diplomats supposedly immune to such constrictions. It is about setting international precedents regarding many countries not yet fully signed up to the globalisation agenda. I think the near future will see outrageous policies implemented against a number of South American countries highly critical of American policy. They are shutting down international airspace in order to constrict movement of perceived political opponents by using political embargoes, and to let future whistleblowers know they have nowhere to run to. Western governments are now acting together as if there is now a one world government.
edit on 9/7/13 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Good points. Also that,

Yahoo initially denied-see here, it was part of PRISM. Then it later came out with it fought the NSA/PRISM in court, had lost.
Yahoo fought and lost, Fisa Court Confirms
Yahoo-How Yahoo Fought PRISM

Zuckerberg's words, coming from someone who called his own users, Facebook users explicit-see more here, are even less trustworthy.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Even tho what Snowden has leaked is true, it really doesn't matter because it's only a single tentacle of the huge, mutated, thousand-arm calamary that is the survaillance grid. And the way I see it, many many people are still apathetic about this, so nothing will change. Business as usual.

-"Gee we got a whistleblower talking about one of our programs"
-"Eeh... Just act surprised and angry and we'll continue once the masses return to watching commercials. They are too lazy to do anything anyway.".
-"But Sir, he is leaking confidential data and is threatening to release even more...."
-"Just send the...you know.... the cleaners. And let's frame him with something. Destroy his image and force other governments to refuse to take him in.. This will be over in a few months and we will be sipping beer on the beach while he rots away somewhere.."
-"Ok Sir. As you wish.."

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I've been thinking about this from the start, and I have seen it suggested that these companies create a duplicate live system for the NSA to tap, kind of a mirror of everything happening on their servers for them to have access to.

I remember the statements that several of the companies released, and they were all carefully worded and almost identical, stating that they do not allow the NSA direct access to their servers. It's important to read between the lines here, and as they all released almost identical statements you could tell it was created in a concerted effort, probably with help of the NSA too.

Basically it allows them to say they don't allow direct access to their servers, but it doesn't mean they don't allow INDIRECT access, through a mirror of everything on their systems.

It really doesn't matter what they say now though, does it? We know that the NSA is gathering massive amounts of data without regard for personal privacy and liberty, we know they're building a massive complex capable of gathering every scrap of information from every internet user on the planet, we know that they lied to congress, and we know that Obama has been creating obstacles to prevent anyone from being questioned or any agency from being investigated.

If the people do not have any way of holding their government and these agencies to account, the only solution is to make their job as difficult as possible. Other countries will now be doing this. Embassies will be installing soundproof chambers, developing new encryption systems and refusing to work with US companies. New competition will be opening up and stealing traffic away from those companies working with the NSA. Millions of people will start using TOR and changing their surfing habits. Russia has already started talking about creating national companies to compete with Facebook and Google, for their own citizens to use with greater security.

It really doesn't matter what the American public does, or any other. Internationally the credibility of all these American tech corporations has been severely damaged, and millions of people no longer trust them to offer services without the unaccountable NSA eavesdropping on everything.

The moment those companies decided to work with the NSA, the damage was done. They made their beds, and now they have to lay in them. I sincerely hope we see massive competition starting up with new companies stealing away traffic and breaking up the monopoly.

If anyone wants to make a very lucrative career for themselves for the next ten years, they would be wise to look into new encryption systems, the first company to develop an off-the-shelf encryption system (actually easier to do than one might think) will make millions overnight.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I've said it once, I'll say it again....

Snowden is a HERO. His voice may be a drop in the ocean, but the ocean is made of many drops. We need more people like him to stand up for the little bit of liberty and freedom we have left. We should not have to be subjected to a loss of freedom for a FALSE sense of security.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I cant put my finger on it, but there's something about is cool, clean, crispy cut coolness that makes me think he's a little dishonest himself.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I cant put my finger on it, but there's something about is cool, clean, crispy cut coolness that makes me think he's a little dishonest himself.

Yeah, I know what you mean, if he wasn't so clean cut I would trust him more.
After all everyone knows that clean cut people don't cheat on their taxes and
who can trust a person who doesn't cheat on there taxes.... errr... maybe that
is not what you meant.... I'm just saying if he had a beard and thick glasses
then I'd find him a lot more... wait what's this....

..okay, now after seeing this photo I feel that I can trust him.

[/sarcasm]

...by the way, what is this bunk about him being a double agent?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

If the people do not have any way of holding their government and these agencies to account, the only solution is to make their job as difficult as possible.

BitCoin is one answer. So is adding the ZeroCoin protocol to BitCoin or LiteCoin.

Regardless of how you FEEL about Snowden in particular, I think most people
find it hugely difficult to accept that the world is now so unrelentingly corrupt that
the true extent of this corruption cannot be exposed and overturned by any one
person who comes out and does this kind of whistleblowing. We come too far
in the wrong directing for things to change because a few files get leaked to
to a news organization.

After the fall of the Soviet Union did the American spy agencies reduce their
staff? No way may! The ramped it up baby... why? Because in and effort not
to loose work they went to corporate America and ask, what can I do for you?
And BANG! they learned really quick that it isn't TREASON to buy and sell
secrets domestically.... and so they quickly learned to use their snooping
power to broker deals and to game the system in ways that made $$$$$!

Consider this:

Edward Snowden is either consciously playing his part in a deliberate intelligence psy-op to erect a smokescreen about what is really going on, or he has been unwittingly set up by his masters to do this. (The latter is the most likely). One cannot pull a fast one on these people. They know everything and can track everything, since decades ago, and only allow things to become public that they approve of.

They plainly wanted the world to know about PRISM and all that stuff. It works like a kind of bloodletting, to make the public think they still have some say in the running of this thing we call life on Earth, when the exact opposite is the case. They create the leak, sit back and watch the outrage, then some government committee is set up to investigate. Then that committee (which is stuffed full of stooges to make sure it doesn’t have teeth) takes a year to carry out its task – after which time most people have forgotten what the fuss was all about. Then the committee finds that certain irregularities have taken place which will be sorted out with some token legislation.

Meanwhile, everything behind the scenes has carried on unhindered and, in fact, deepened. And very few notice or even care.

Anyone who has taken the time to investigate all this will see that what I am saying is true. This isn’t “conspiracy theory”. It’s just the way it is. You see, the people who run the world run both sides of the show. They run the bad guys (which everybody knows) but they also run the good guys who oppose them (which comparatively few realise). They told us a hundred years ago that this is how they would be running things. And that’s how they work it today.

For example, they own organisations like Amnesty International. That’s why they never really stick their necks out for the real oppressions in the world, nor oppose the serial wars the USA engineers. To make out as if they champion literacy and women’s rights (because that’s trendy and acceptable to the masses) in a country which is being bombed back to the stone age (and yet say nothing whatsoever about that) is the ultimate smokescreen!

The Powers That Be run both sides so that they can maintain the theater and preserve the status quo. Another example of this control of both sides: the CIA has been behind most of the major cults in the world over the last few decades (as part of the development of their mind control programme). Yet the CIA is also the force behind major anti-cult organisations such as the Cult Awareness Network. That’s how they work.

That’s why Bin Laden was a CIA asset. That’s why they engineered Obama into the presidency. Control both sides. That’s the key. Helping others to see this tactic is the biggest challenge imaginable. Yet it is a normal, accepted war tactic, to infiltrate and even take over the other side. And this IS a war which we are involved in. Make no mistake about that. People say they are awaiting World War III. But this IS World War III. It’s a covert war run by a vast hidden global army of spooks and paramilitary contractors who control just about everything.

Understandably, people want to believe so much that whistleblowers exist, like Edward Snowden and Julian Assange. Sorry, but they are merely stooges who don’t really expose anything that isn’t already in the public domain, if you look carefully.

While I like the "vibe" I get from Snowden and Julian Assange, at the
same time I can't deny the fact that Wikileaks function exactly like one
would expect a "cut-out" (controlled opposition) to function.

These "cut-outs" exist in order to shake thing up, and that allows for change.
However, this only means more power in the hands of TPTB, and they are
the very ones who created this chaos in the first place. The know this seeds
them more power---that is why they do it.

This is how this game is played... order out of chaos.

The game is chess, not checkers!

unspy.wordpress.com...

edit on 9-7-2013 by wasaka because: (no reason given)

top topics

join