It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I'll be.........Andy Murray has done it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Andy Murray has won Wimbledon beating No 1 seed Novak Djokovic. I have to admit I didn't think he could do it but I am very happy to be proved wrong. Congratulations Mr Murray the first British Wimbledon champion since nineteen thirty six.
edit on 7-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Thats not the British way...we should lose and take it like the gentle people we are and remind them of the poise and decorum that becomes a member of her majesties country

But really well done....theres something strange in the water as we seem to be winning stuff....but i'm sure we'll be back to complaining about getting beaten 15-0 by some part time polish plumbers in a euro football game soon

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This may sound a little cryptic...but get it up you, Monty Python.

Congrats to Andy Murray

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

Yeah tell me about it, but your right we have the spectacle of an embarrassing under performance by our home nations football teams in Brazil next year. Sir Andrew Murray before too long I would think.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
All the best to the guy for his great win.

Facebook in Scotland is a riot just now, everyone arguing over whether Murray is Scottish, British or both. The man himself seems to have been forgotten about as the bile flows around.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
I watched the game and man was it ever intense. Beating Djokovic was like winning an Olympic gold for Murray. Even though I was cheering on Djokovic, I am happy for Murray

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Good for you Brits! Glad to hear it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

Facebook in Scotland is a riot just now, everyone arguing over whether Murray is Scottish, British or both. The man himself seems to have been forgotten about as the bile flows around.

I can resolve that one, because he has won he is a British Hero if he had lost he would have joined that huge parade of Scottish sporting failures.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

Congrats to Andy Murray

Would you like some salt to go with that chip on each of your shoulders.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Yes well done Murray, deserved victory. Was just a bit embarrassing having all the MP's there, just waiting to pounce on his victory to support their own agenda. sad how obvious their petty charades are .

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
yay! now we can all go back to having zero interest in tennis for the next 50 weeks.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Yes well done Murray, deserved victory. Was just a bit embarrassing having all the MP's there, just waiting to pounce on his victory to support their own agenda. sad how obvious their petty charades are .

Indeed, it is truly vomit inducing to see how opportunistic these worthless good for nothing's truly are. This means you Cameron, Milliband, Salmond et al.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
yay! now we can all go back to having zero interest in tennis for the next 50 weeks.

With you on that one, it is a very dull game apart from the women's expulsion of air when they serve which is greatly enhanced if you watch it while playing some Barry White or Tom Jones.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Good on him, he deserves it.
Sir Andy Murray incoming.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Good on him, he deserves it.
Sir Andy Murray incoming.

The cat that is being washed in your avatar looks exactly like the gargantuan feline behemoth that decided to move in with Mrs Hotel1 and me when we first arrived here. If I tried to do that with her I would be taking a trip to A&E, the cat I mean. If I tried that with Mrs Hotel1 she would yield in the face of my alpha male dominance.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeBombDiggity

its simple.
if he lost he would've been scottish.
but he won so he's british.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

Congrats to Andy Murray

It was a joke.

Double dose of lemons are heading your way.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
about time somebody won who hails from these lands 70 years is a long time

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Congrats to Andy Murray

It was a joke.

Double dose of lemons are heading your way.

So was my reply
I will take those lemons and make some natural lemonade to which I will add a large dose of scotch. I will always love my friends from north of the border for producing that magic water that makes me talk nonsense and fall over.

Kind regards.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku

With you on that one, it is a very dull game apart from the women's expulsion of air when they serve which is greatly enhanced if you watch it while playing some Barry White or Tom Jones.

Why on earth did you post this if you don't even like the game ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join