It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rings Of Saturn - Possible Encoded Message?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
Thanks for the comments guys!

Since the Rings are not static then perhaps there could be a way to have a satellite read it as if it were the laser eye within a cd player. Even then I would imagine it is not as easy as it sounds or it probably would of been done already. Maybe even, there have been scientists that have pondered this but lack of resources have kept them from testing the idea.

Perhaps our technology is not yet at a point to measure/read such data. I love thinking about these kind of topics!

edit on 7/7/2013 by mcx1942 because: spelling

That's exactly what I was thinking, we could try pointing a super powerful laser at the rings and use it like a blu-ray player. What if the information is like a time capsule that would only be accessed when we are technologically advanced enough to access it. Maybe decoding the rings will give us the akashic records of our solar system, or maybe give us the blueprints for interstellar travel. The fact that the rings aren't stable isn't a deal breaker, maybe they are assimilating more information.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
If there's a message its more likely to read like a bar code. Take a cross sectional slice and read the bars.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   
also don't forget the message would of been written many years ago and subtle gravitational pulls could easily of distorted any message as while one speck of dust hitting a larger lump of rock meant to convey a bit of data may barely alter its course by 0.00001 over a thousand years but a million bumps a month over the same time will adjust its speed/position possibly enough so its now in a 'slot' behind/infront where it should be and without and way of being able to error correct theres not going to be a way of working out the original message

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
The idea is plausible. I had a similar taught before but with black holes instead of Saturn's rings.

Encoding messages that last for infinity...well almost infinity.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   
when you read about people channeling it is always from saturn that it comes ?? the stargate conspiracy is a good read for this .

i remember reading that they found 2000 mile long tubes in the rings and some say they are space ships

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
when you read about people channeling it is always from saturn that it comes ?? the stargate conspiracy is a good read for this .

i remember reading that they found 2000 mile long tubes in the rings and some say they are space ships

That's the info I posted on page one.

In regards to the Channeling aspects - it's the 'Council of Saturn' you are referring too... How strange we also have scientific indication of intelligence in the rings of Saturn.

Now isn't that an eye opener?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If you believe in the electric universe theory which is gaining ground in re writing old standing theories regarding the universe,comets, planets, stars and yes the rings of Saturn, you will see how they were formed and how they maintain their relative position to this day.
The thunderbolt project can answer most questions regarding Saturn and its place in ancient history and ancient mythology.
I find your idea regarding the rings very interesting and imaginative and it could still be a very real possibility,
but when one views the universe as electric in nature, Saturn's rings can be explained physically,
but the idea of their physical nature being formed into a message like a record is a really cool thought.
Here is a link to the Thunderbolt project, watch the documentaries , The electric comet, Symbols of an alien sky
and thunderbolts of the gods.

www.thunderbolts.info...

The documentaries can be found at the bottom of the page and are free to watch on Youtube.

Great thread a star and flag for you!

edit on 7-7-2013 by mark1167 because: add

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I like how you think, comparing it to a record. it may be but I doubt it. Look for more youtube vids of the sounds of earth, the sun, i found one that explains how they record the sound. It isn't really an audible sound we can hear, but instruments can put together the "song" we hear in this video.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Why, if indeed the rings are made of moving pieces and particles, do the rings hold shape as the number of collisions approach infinity? I would think the chaos of the system would have long ago erased any discernable rings since they have no binding.

Any physicists here that can answer this?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
My theory is we should try to replicate the pattern of the Rings exactly onto a vinyl record and see if it plays anything back.

If one was to recreate the Rings, they would have to do it in portions I would imagine, because the question of scale comes to mind. I'm sure it would be a daunting task to try to replicate the grooves. Maybe that's why it has not been done yet, lack of resources.

Given photographs of this quality
files.abovetopsecret.com...

I have the skills to reassemble everything, model it in 3d (or really in this case it would just be putting a displacement map that's a composite of the photographs over an object), and ship it off to a 3d printer.

The issue with that is the resulting object would lose too much detail when shrunk down in size so you can't actually play this with a record player. Instead what you would want to do is take composite photographs and essentially make a cd/dvd image with it. Then play that image virtually. That's not much more difficult to do. The far more complex issue is how to make sense of the data at that point. There would always be a question of if the original photo's were of sufficient resolution, and if they were the result wouldn't be in english, it would just be sounds with no context.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

How about converting the density of each ring into data and conform these data into frequencies? This is doable

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I gotta agree with others who have stated that rings are not stable and always moving. However, are they moving randomly or maybe every ring is moving by their unique route and by this creating another Saturn mystery? ( to be honest, I have no information about Saturn and this could be absolutely wrong, but I'm just posting this from curiosity) What if that would be true? Maybe there would be any way to reproduce the grooves or something like that?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raizekas
I gotta agree with others who have stated that rings are not stable and always moving. However, are they moving randomly or maybe every ring is moving by their unique route and by this creating another Saturn mystery? ( to be honest, I have no information about Saturn and this could be absolutely wrong, but I'm just posting this from curiosity) What if that would be true? Maybe there would be any way to reproduce the grooves or something like that?

It's the composition of the ring themselves which is random. The rings are not solid, they are basically clouds of dust and small debris which, because of their orbital speed, took the shape of rings. That means, the grooves themselves are not solid, but random. It's like a giant spinning cloud of dust.
edit on 8-7-2013 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by SixX18
It isn't really an audible sound we can hear, but instruments can put together the "song" we hear in this video.

Exactly. These signals are EM in nature (and sound can't travel through vacuum anyway). To "hear" them we gotta convert the frequency to mechanical waves. Even then, we wouldn't hear a thing, because the pitch would be off the range which our ears can pick. So you would still need to "downgrade" the frequency (and you'll have to choose between quite a couple of octaves) to a more audible pitch, but then you lose the point of it, which was to listen to Saturn's original frequency.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aazadan
]Originally posted by mcx1942
My theory is we should try to replicate the pattern of the Rings exactly onto a vinyl record and see if it plays anything back.(...)
I have the skills to reassemble everything, model it in 3d (or really in this case it would just be putting a displacement map that's a composite of the photographs over an object), and ship it off to a 3d printer.
Compositing the picture map onto the model could indeed work. I din't thought about this, yet I do it all the time, lol. Nice suggestion

But wouldn't 3-D printing introduce microscopic noise in the grooves, which would interfere with the sound of such grooves on playback? Plus we'd still have to deal with pixelation, resolution of printing, even the CPU's own sine formulas, which are used to simulate circle angles but is not exact.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pirhanna
Why, if indeed the rings are made of moving pieces and particles, do the rings hold shape as the number of collisions approach infinity? I would think the chaos of the system would have long ago erased any discernable rings since they have no binding.

Any physicists here that can answer this?

It think it's because of the irregularity of the debris masses distribution inside the rings. Since bigger (more massive) debris will orbit faster than smaller debris like dust, These fast moving debris will create a wake in the dust layer, which will in turn create zones of dust absence. Thus you see multiple rings.

Wether two large debris hit each other or not doesn't matter at that point. They'll create wakes, in both scenarios.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's been Theorized that sound maybe transmitted through Dark Matter

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
So.. Saturn could be like...a giant 33 LP on the turntable of God? Far out man!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
so what if someone uses a detailed pic of the way the rings are and makes a record with the grooves similarly cut/pressed/grooved

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by H34T533K3R
so what if someone uses a detailed pic of the way the rings are and makes a record with the grooves similarly cut/pressed/grooved

my bad I didn't realize this was already mentioned I didn't find an "edit" button to remove!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join