It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How long will it take before America will start having an actual dictatorship for life(A single rule

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   
How long will it take before America will start having a dictatorship for life?

With our erosion of civil liberties happening day by day how will it takes before we start having an actual dictator? Not puppets being elected every 4 to eight years but an actual one with the likes of Hitler,Stalin and a single ruler with all the powers? With our freedoms under attack it safe to say that the final step is the rise of a dictatorship for life. If the sheeple care less about losing our liberties I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care less about the rise of an actual dictatorship.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Will not happen. However, we may see a proxy dictatorship, in which we are given the facade of a democratic government that answers to, and takes orders from, a single entity behind the curtains.

Hell, we're pretty much already there.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Personally I believe Obama will not let go of power.

My prediction? A False Flag of some sorts in America that will be around the next elections. Obama will declare Martial Law and effectively stall/cancel elections thus leaving him to rule.

All for the good of the people right?

But hey, that's crazy isn't it?

Peace

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

People were swearing the same thing about Bush.
Won't happen.

I agree with the poster above you.
We already have a proxy dictatorship and we now know the true hand of power in this Nation, and soon to be world, is the NSA.
We will still see BS rigged elections for power in the nation that are fake in every way.
That is how this system is designed to run.
An overt dictatorship will never take hold. It would be met by force.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Personally I believe Obama will not let go of power.

My prediction? A False Flag of some sorts in America that will be around the next elections. Obama will declare Martial Law and effectively stall/cancel elections thus leaving him to rule.

All for the good of the people right?

But hey, that's crazy isn't it?

Peace

LOL I said the same thing as Bush!

I believe the real dictator will be here soon and be welcomed with thunderous applause not by me of course!

edit on 6-7-2013 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

With our erosion of civil liberties happening day by day how will it takes before we start having an actual dictator? Not puppets being elected every 4 to eight years but an actual one with the likes of Hitler,Stalin and a single ruler with all the powers? With our freedoms under attack it safe to say that the final step is the rise of a dictatorship for life. If the sheeple care less about losing our liberties I'm pretty sure they wouldn't care less about the rise of an actual dictatorship.

To start with if you knew American history you would know we have more civil liberties now that at any other time in our history. So the answer to your question is not until some sort of social upheavel occures and puts in a dictator as unlikely as that is.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I would have said " it could never happen" but today I have no doubts that the unbelievable happens seemingly daily now. It seems what took previous presidents years to achieve is being undone on a whim. Look for the cold war to be stoked and nations divided as if history is repeating itself. I don't know that the more I become informed by reading that causes me these beliefs or if we are truly on a downward spiral. Tell me the recent public trials televised have only been picked to discredit our system of justice. Tell me the president doesn't seem to have a hidden agenda that's detrimental to our sovereignty.

I know the liberals and disimformation agents will label me a nut, but my question is can anyone prove what I say is wrong or the evidence I suggest is unfounded. Tell me what happened to the last president that used the the governments resources such as the IRS and FBI to further his political gain at the cost of the opposing party's and why the current president is getting a free pass for rigging the elections by intimidating resources of the opposing party.

Lastly, does anyone here really believe it has ever been a democracy since the two parties has taken power. The last democratic president was George Washington. The rest have served interest other than the American people.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   
About three months or so...

4 months on the outside....

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Starwarsisreal:

There will never be a 'single' dictator. You are in fact asking about 'tyranny' rather than dictatorship, and this you already have, already feel, and contribute towards.

Did you really believe that the founding principles enshrined in the Constitution were going to last forever? That they were untouchable, set in concrete for all eternity? Have you forgotten that the principles are merely abstract ideas, nothing more, and are subject to the vagaries of human perception? That at some point in your country's history others would come along with different perceptions, and view the 'utility' of the founding principles as both incongruous, and an impedance, to the present moment, and that by election to the right office, would set about reshaping and reforming them to their own advantage?

Governments are no longer elected to manage nations based on their founding principles, but to regulate the world and re-engineer it towards a global corporate vision, and that vision is tyrannous, and that vision, that agenda is realised today. You now live in a different world, one that was put in place right before your eyes, but did not see because you perceived the world through outmoded concepts of abstraction on what it meant to be 'free' and at 'liberty' to pursue your own life in your own way.

When Bush declared "You're either with us or you're with the terrorist," he was stating a new world order invitation. The apparatus for this 'new world' was already in place, and you could either knowingly accept it, or reject it, but if you rejected it, you confirm yourself as a terrorist, and an enemy of the 'new vision'. Most people remained both silent and indifferent to the invitation, and that was taken as acceptance.

So what is this new world we all live in now? Currently, it is a mild form of tyranny, of Orwell's vision. The requirements of big businesses are now the more important fundamentals to the growth and development of countries, more so than the humanity of the people. People are no longer 'individuals' pursuing their own dreams, but are secondary to the edifice in which they now abide. You are deeply surveilled, watched even in your personal privacy. You can still go about your daily life as much as you have always done, which is part of the façade, part of the illusion of being 'free'. Elections will still occur, but whomever you vote for, at state or federal levels, is already a puppet to the regime. The choices for whom you can elect are given to you, they are not choices you make personally.

Obviously, the future is where the real danger lies. At some point, the tyranny will become evermore draconian, evermore restrictive, evermore tyrannous. The people running the show will not merit the privilege of their station.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by elysiumfire

Great post!

Agreed on all fronts.
When you mentioned Bush stating, "you are either with us or against us", it reminded me of Bybyots' fantastic thread currently running entitled Welcome to Planet Salem.

Bybyots likens the current political climate to the Salem Witch trials in a very eloquent way. While reading the thread I was over and over again reminded of those very words from President Bush. You are eituer with us or against us.
In other words, "shut the hell up or die."

They are all in on it too!
And that is important because with that setup, it doesn't REQUIRE a dictator
The use of the word "us" in the phrase, "with US or against US" establishes a cooperative effort.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Is been happening already our nation is run by a corporate dictatorship with only two elite parties that are no different of each other but the name, is just that most Americans have no clue that is been up and running for decades already.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I have only recently been able to allow myself to accept this as a serious possibility. The last few months have brought more and more out into the open illustrating that we already have a government/leader that is literally throwing impunity in our faces. However, IMO, when you look below the very top superficial layer, it is also hard to expect that one person can wield such power and control, not necessarily in that order. If this president truly does posses the authority he tries so hard to project, then an ego like that could never surrender the position he is in now and you will be proved correct. Oddly, the same argument could be used to defend him as well. If he honestly believes certain aspects of what he has done and said is for the good of the people, he would find a means to stay in office for our own good and to protect us from whatever might come next. It would be his responsibility, right?

Either way, he at least makes an unprecedented effort to stay, and given how well he has positioned himself up to this point, he could succeed.

On the other hand, what if he is the "puppet" so many have accused him of being? Then a group or organization of extremely powerful corporations/individuals/other have such a well-performing surrogate in place that THEY would force the scenario down our throats. This could allow them the anonymity they appear to be so fond of without sacrificing anything of their own. If this were to be the case, the powers of an unknown cadre of such power - mongers greatly multiply their ability to stage any scenario needed to retain such power over and above the ability of one man to do so.

Bush could never have been believable long enough, and I think he was well on the way to flaming out when he left office. Seeing how easily this president sheds political dirt and grime, I suspect he is intentionally or otherwise displaying how untouchable he really is, at least for the moment. If another nation were to follow through on their rights and opportunity to hold him accountable I worry if he would march us into another war or if that could be the only way to unseat him.

In short, over the last year my personal faith in the government and "system" has been completely obliterated and I think this would be the person most likely to be able to execute such a maneuver anywhere on the current political landscape.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSpad

With respect, you are not only incorrect, but possibly delusional. My family and I have lived a nightmare over the last few years so I speak from experience, not disinformation. This government is NOT our friend, benefactor, protector, or much else other than opportunists I don't know you or why you believe as you do so I hope you understand my disagreement with you is not personal and I certainly do not want to offend. In fact only a few years ago I fully shared your opinion, but unfortunately that faith became the single largest source of my family's ruin.

Please at least give yourself the self-permission to objectively consider both sides of the equation where you very, very closely examine first hand accounts of individuals you believe you can trust. It could be an eye-opener. If you still hold to your current perspective after that, then I sincerely envy you and wish beyond measure I could feel that way again.. My family and I will never know true freedom again because of all that has been taken from us even in the face of legally indisputable proof we live our lives with integrity, honesty, and a deep sense of morality.

Again, I really, really, really, really do wish you were right, though.

Best Regards.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I had wondered if those here would just sorta gloss over MrSpad's post like I did.
Kudos for responding with such great humility and kindness.

If I had responded, it wouldn't have had a fraction of your reserve.
In fact, in light of such blatant falsehoods, I would gave concluded that the poster is paid to "think", much like a robot does, or is a dullard.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Q: "How long will it take before America will start having an actual dictatorship for life?"
A: "About two more minutes chief."

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

With respect, you are not only incorrect, but possibly delusional. My family and I have lived a nightmare over the last few years so I speak from experience, not disinformation.

Huh? Care to elaborate? Inquiring minds and all that? Pardon me if I am off topic.

V

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I think the only way USA would be dragged into a dictatorship is with the full cooperation of the armed forces.
In order for the population to accept it, is if the military saved the states from an extreme destabilizing force such as an alien invasion.
From the defenders of the US from these invaders, a HERO would have to emerge and be acclaimed supreme leader.

I feel the US now is facing a growing Plutocracy where the elected officials pander to the people with all the money.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Jeez, what I see right now is a NO-tatorship. Admittedly, I don't jump on all political news, yet I still pick up on what's on the front pages of online MSM.

U.S. money and arms to Syria. U.S.and Israel. U.S. backing of Japan and S. Korea. U.S. in Afghanistan. The war on terror. I could go on and on, but other than Obamacare and concerns over illegal immigration, I"m not hearing much about the concerns of the American people.

I googled this line: "U.S. gives money to" and it called up a list of all the countries in our pockets.

Here's one site that reports:

The U.S. provides Israel $8.5 million* in military aid each day,
If Americans Knew

That's 8.5 million each DAY! And yet, the interest rates on our student loans are about to double. What? No free school for our kids???

Hello, Mr. President! (waving hands over head) We're over here!

edit on 7/7/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

You lose all credibility one you use the term "sheeple". Anybody who uses that clearly has a superiority complex.

In answer to your question, no. Believe it or not, the government aren't out to get you.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
One entity many faces, two party systems in USA witch covering their crap is already in dictatorship for centuries.

They pick a puppet and start fooling around till next election.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join