It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roswell 66 Years on : Free PDF on the Incident

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
About a month ago I tested the water with a post on how people felt about producing PDFs on the UFO topic from some of the better quality threads here on ATS. Many of these threads are often buried deep within ATS and despite their detailed content, sometimes get very little attention.

We can debate the reasons why a "look at this rather grainy Youtube video" post etc. gets more attention all day? It’s almost certainly to do with the brevity of these subjects producing more spontaneous replies. Even if the content matter is usually disappointing. However that's for another time.

Anyway the general idea is that these PDFs can be read easily on tablets, pads, or smartphones and stored for posterity. They can also provide a good starting point for new and existing members wanting to familiarise themselves with the finer details of specific UFO topics (or indeed any topics on here).

I did create an example file from some of my own UFO posts which is still available here :

minus.com...

Now as it’s around the time of yet another anniversary of that intriguing incident at Roswell in 1947 ,I thought I’d take the liberty of creating a PDF from a few of the posts on the topic here on ATS.

There are many more posts that could have been included but I decided to keep the size down and used just a few. I’ve also left out the replies. However web links are contained to explore the threads in more detail. Perhaps you’d like to star and flag them as well if you find them of interest?

Here is the link to the PDF file

To download the file simply click this link and then click the link to ATS Roswell.pdf

With a massive thank you and credit to Gazrok, A51Watcher and Rising Against for the content used :

The Case for Roswell by Gazrok

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Day Before Roswell by A51Watcher

This is Why I believe the Roswell Incident was a Conspiracy by Rising Against

................................................Now one of the best contributors to ATS for UFO information, and also a fellow Brit IsaacKoi, suggested I should include the creation process for such a PDF in case other members wish to get involved.

So I’ll keep this simple at first.

Software Used :

Microsoft Word 2007 (or above) - this is probably familiar to many people and provides an easy “Save As” option to a PDF file.

Paint Shop Pro 7 - (this was a free edition I got from a PC mag) – however anything from mashable.com... can be used for basic editing/creation of graphics. The only time I needed it was to create the “Roswell” logo and graphics for the front page.

Creating the PDF

I’ll assume familiarity with MS Word here.

1. I used one of the existing templates and then tweaked the fonts, background colours and headings.

2. I created the “Roswell Logo” for the header in Paintshop Pro (although this could be done in Word with more limited results).

3. I also created a few graphics for the front page . Again these could be done with any free image editor.

4. Then it was simply a process of 'Copy and Paste' from the selected ATS threads and using Headers and text formatting to tidy up the document.

5. Finally I inserted a Table of Contents, a function of Word that works in a PDF, and saved the file as a PDF.

There are many sites on the internet providing a free upload facility. Hopefully ATS will eventually allow us to do so here?

After all that I hope you enjoy reading the PDF which has some solid contributions from our fellow members.

It’s been 66 years now since the USAAF announced they’d found a flying disk and then refuted it shortly after. Reading this PDF and the original threads will hopefully help you draw your own conclusions as to what crashed to Earth during the summer of '47 in New Mexico?

If this proves popular then maybe we can continue with the process? Ultimately creating a library of files of some of the best written, informative or simply entertaining threads ever to grace ATS?

What do you say fellow ATSers?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageman

Thanks for putting the work into this. Roswell was the first inkling I had that there might be some science fiction that was in fact real. I was just a kid and what a revelation that was. You mean there really are monsters from outer space?

Let me at em.

It’s been 66 years now since the USAAF announced they’d found a flying disk and then refuted it shortly after.

That announcement and redact came from men who knew every technical aspect of the most advanced aircraft, armaments and associated hardware on the planet at that time. The 505th bomb group flew the B29 and dropped the atom bomb on Japan. If they said they found something that was not of this world then thats the truth of it.

Weather balloon, surrre...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
If they said they found something that was not of this world then thats the truth of it.

Well, they never claimed to have found "something not of this world"....

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by intrptr
If they said they found something that was not of this world then thats the truth of it.

Well, they never claimed to have found "something not of this world"....

For real? What would you call "capturing" a "flying saucer"?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

We can debate the reasons why a "look at this rather grainy Youtube video" post etc. gets more attention all day? It’s almost certainly to do with the brevity of these subjects producing more spontaneous replies

I would guess there are other factors as well.... attention span and attention to detail. If its not "new", then its suspect. God, where did our education system go wrong?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
This is a GREAT idea and I heartily give it a S&F. However, it saddens me when folk fail to recognize not only the participation of the intelligence operatives involved in the Roswell story, but all the holes and changing accounts of many of the participants therein.

If we ever hope to get to the crux of the UFO mystery, we just might have to let go of some of these cherished "mythologies" and focus elsewhere.

I know it's not a popular opinion, but enough evidence exists to make a claim of subterfuge and/or psyops as a key to its veracity. I used to put great stock in the story, too...and then I asked the hard questions and studied all the variables.

Again: Still and all, this is a superb suggestion. I'm sure ATS hoped that the user content would serve this same basic purpose, but the reality is that much good information gets buried.

edit on 6-7-2013 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've just joined ATO with the purpose of starting a new thread. However I discovered that new members can't do that until they've made 20 posts.
So i had to find a appropriate place to discuss something that may be of some significance in relation to Roswell incident. So I ended up on this thread.

Several years ago my elderly neighbor and I got into a discussion about UFOs. My neighbor is in his 80's but proved to be unusually 'knowledgeable' about UFOs and explained he was based at Tripler Military Hospital, Hawaii, around 1952. He had met a man he has code named 'Pat'. Pat apparently had been based in Fort Riley June 1947.

My neighbor was giving me so much information I could not contain it all so he offered to write out notes from his old diary. His military training conditioned him to write down everything right to this day. Anyway i now have 10 hand written pages of notes mainly information provided by discussions with mystery man 'Pat' and a then there is much information about a Colonel Phil Corso.

Is anyone interested in going through these notes with me to see if they contain any new information which may be helpful in understanding Roswell incident?
edit on 7-7-2013 by Bwise2 because: name error corrected

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by mirageman
To download the file simply click this link and then click the link to ATS Roswell.pdf

As I've said before, I think the creation of such PDFs is a very good idea. .

Thank you for putting in the time and effort to create these sample documents. S+F

a fellow Brit IsaacKoi, suggested I should include the creation process for such a PDF in case other members wish to get involved.

So I’ll keep this simple at first.

Thanks for the response. I'm afraid that I'd need a bit more detail to produce anything like as polished a product as you've been creating.

(I use Microsoft Word a lot, but have very rarely bothered with templates. 99.99999% of my documents are purely text, with the small remaining percentage being tables - so I have never tried to use Word to create anything that has a slick look like your PDFs).

If this proves popular then maybe we can continue with the process? Ultimately creating a library of files of some of the best written, informative or simply entertaining threads ever to grace ATS?

What do you say fellow ATSers?

Well, I'd obviously welcome you continuing these efforts.

In relation to your point above about certain types of threads not gaining such attention on ATS, I found that when I ramped up the number of images/video embedded in my threads then my threads gained quite a bit more attention. While there's obviously a tendency to get more replies if you stick to controversial subjects that can be grasped quickly (e.g. the latest 10 second "UFO" video on Youtube or a thread which explicitly poses a question), including a few images and videos really seems to help.

With that in mind, I'd recommend including a few snippets from the PDFs when you (hopefully) post the next similar thread. I've taken the liberty of using the Windows "snipping tool" (which I've added to my toolbar for just this purpose) to add a few snippets from your PDF in this post.

edit on 7-7-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Bwise2

Originally posted by Bwise2
Is anyone interested in going through these notes with me to see if they contain any new information which may be helpful in understanding Roswell incident?

Sure. Feel free to email scans of those pages to me. However, I hope you don't mind if I suspect a hoax by, or on, you.

My email address is my username at gmail.com.

By way of a quick introduction of myself, I am a barrister in England with an interest in various issues relating to reports of "UFOs" and have written several items online about such matters. In case you are interested, I'll give a few relevant links:

(1) On an easy method of downloading searchable versions of the FBI's UFO files:

(2) On searchable versions of Canada's UFO files (made available with the permission of the Canadian government):

(3) On searchable versions of Australia's UFO files (made available with the permission of the Australian government):

For references to a discussion of Corso in a couple of dozen or so different UFO books, see the table of references I posted at the link below:
www.isaackoi.com...

Isaac
edit on 7-7-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Thanks for your reply. I realize this is a strange situation--and to make it worse my neighbor does not remember giving me the papers. He's going senile I think. But there are things written that i wanted to clarify with him but this seems impossible now...

I have a scanner but I've never used it. I'll give it a go. There are 10 pages and I have managed to decipher most of the words. I've had these papers for over 5 years but put them aside because I thought they may have been paraphrases from The Day After Roswell by Col Philip J Corso:

Example from Col. Corso's text:

Base radarat the army’s 509th airfield Outside the town of Roswell had been tracking strange blips all night on July 1,1947. So had radar at nearby White Sands, the army’s guided missile base where test launches of GermanV2 rockets had been taking place since the end of the war, and at the nuclear testing facility at Alamogordo.The blips would appear at one corner of the screen and dart across at seemingly impossible speeds for aircraft, only to disappear off another corner. Then they’d start up again. No earthly craft could have
maneuvered at such speeds and changed direction so sharply. It was a signature no one could identify.

Neighbors text::

The night of the EBE crash plenty of thunderstorms and lightening and thunder, and heavy rain. Base radar at 509 airfield had been tracking strange blips all night on, 1- 2 July 1947, and nearby White sands, the army were testing German V2 rockets left over from World War 2.

The blips were going across the radar screen at speed no aircraft could go. The blips operating with complete freedom across the entire sky, over the army's most secret testing sites. The army went into high alert..."

See they are very similar. But recently because of Roswell anniversary I started to have second thoughts and began to re-access document.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

I realize this is a strange situation--and to make it worse my neighbor does not remember giving me the papers.

He's going senile I think. But there are things written that i wanted to clarify with him but this seems impossible now...

Mmm. Not a very promising start...

I have a scanner but I've never used it. I'll give it a go. There are 10 pages and I have managed to decipher most of the words. I've had these papers for over 5 years but put them aside because I thought they may have been paraphrases from The Day After Roswell by Col Philip J Corso:

I see what you mean.

It's probably best that I reserve any questions/comments until I've seen the pages you hope to scan - but I would have thought that my first question will be whether your neighbour still has the diaries from which the notes are supposedly taken. I infer from your earlier posts that the relevant diaries supposedly date from the 1950s. If so, then copies of one or more parts of those diaries would indeed be fairly interesting. However, if all that is available are relatively recent pages of notes supposedly based on the contents of those old diaries then the evidential links become considerably weaker.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

It's going to take a while to set up scanner. I will email you shortly re possible fax number to send you docs.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IssacKoi

Thanks for the response. I'm afraid that I'd need a bit more detail to produce anything like as polished a product as you've been creating. (I use Microsoft Word a lot, but have very rarely bothered with templates. 99.99999% of my documents are purely text, with the small remaining percentage being tables - so I have never tried to use Word to create anything that has a slick look like your PDFs).

Hello again Isaac and once again thanks for the feedback. I have obviously been too presumptive of people's familiarity with Word and all it's functions. That noted I will come back with a more detailed thread on the finer details of creating a thread in a step by step process . You'll have to give me some time to work on that though.

Oh and good luck with the diary content from Bwise2 it could be as interesting and controversial as a diary kept by a certain James Penniston should it materialise

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   

The 10 pages are now in IsaacKoi's capable hands. I will speak to neighbor tomorrow morning to see about his diaries. Will keep you posted.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Roswell 66 Years on...

Just after midnight in Australia, its the Google thing for today.
A little interactive animation game thing.

Edit - having played it, and seen explanations of others, its clear there is either more than one version, or two completely different ways to complete it.

edit on 7-7-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

The 10 pages are now in IsaacKoi's capable hands. I will speak to neighbor tomorrow morning to see about his diaries. Will keep you posted.

I will be interested to see what Isaac makes of them.

Roswell is perhaps the one UFO story that the whole world knows the basics of. However, as we well know, the layers and layers that have been added to the story down the years make it almost impossible to get to the real truth.

I trust you are familiar with a gentleman called Ray Santili and the story of how he obtained some 1947 "Roswell" film footage of an alien autopsy?

These notes from your neighbour could be along the same lines and I trust you understand that people will be very sceptical of anything contained in these notes.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

I've received the handwritten 10 pages of notes and been through them.

My first impression is that they are somewhat rambling and confused, with the purported source(s) of information being unclear. Most of it could fairly easily have been written just by reading Corso's book in the last few years. There are some factual issues with the handwritten information as well.

If, however, a 1950s diary is indeed produced which indicates that the written notes aren't simply a recent fabrication then that would - of course - be rather interesting. I must admit I'm not holding my breath for that. It's all too common on ATS that someone claims to have evidence to support a fairly wild story, but generally that person just stops posting or posts excuses for failing to produce the promised evidence. Nothing personal about Bwise2 - I'm just making an observation about previous examples of such stories.

Anyway, provided Bwise2 agrees, I'm happy to post a thread embedding images of the pages that have been faxed to me, with a few comments. Obviously, the potential for a basic hoax would be reduced if there were further details available, e.g.:
(1) details of the neighbour (not least his full name, rank etc);
(2) details of the supposed source(s) of that neighbour's information (particularly someone referred to as "Pat" in the handwritten pages);
(3) photos of, and scans of relevant pages from, the diary that is the supposed source for some (all?) of the information.

Due to basic factual errors in the content of the rambling 10 pages of notes, I don't really expect the above details to be provided and/or checked out.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Anyway, provided Bwise2 agrees, I'm happy to post a thread embedding images of the pages that have been faxed to me, with a few comments. Obviously, the potential for a basic hoax would be reduced if there were further details available, e.g.:
(1) details of the neighbour (not least his full name, rank etc);
(2) details of the supposed source(s) of that neighbour's information (particularly someone referred to as "Pat" in the handwritten pages);
(3) photos of, and scans of relevant pages from, the diary that is the supposed source for some (all?) of the information.

Yes it's fine to post images of pages but wait a few hours until I can speak to neighbor to get more details to accompany post.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

Rosewell has had maybe the most controversy, more than any other case. Even if so, the accounts of actually finding something not human seems to dominate. There is no reason to dismiss the case only because of that. It may be closest to the truth and thus the most effort to cover it up, thus the controversy.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   

it's fine to post images of pages but wait a few hours until I can speak to neighbor to get more details to accompany post.

Sure. (I wouldn't post the material unless and until you say it's okay)

I hope you get more information/documentation from your neighbour.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join