It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ar-15 at my local Lucedale Mississippi wal mart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I was hoping for some advice. At my local wal mart there is a colt ar 15 for sale to anyone over the age of 18. I'm 20 and want this gun badly. It cost 1097$ before tax. Does anyone know if this is a good price for an ar 15. They have a Sig and dmps I believe but I want the colt ar. Its a very nice gun. So 1097 good deal or not?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Username: Darknite
Thread: Asking about an AR-15

We're not that dumb here. And no one really appreciates humour in relation to innocent lives lost.

Too soon? Yeah maybe.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

I don't get it

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I don't get it neither. I thought this was a weaponry forum.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by DarkNite

Get the make and model and compare prices for the same model online.
Research the online reviews as well.
There are dozens of makes of AR's and they do not all have the same quality or performance.
Sometimes you can pick up a higher quality used one for less than a generally available retail but lately the things have become a fashion statement.
Then they spend twice as much cash turning the things into an overpriced version of "Pimp my AR."

By the way,
The Pentagon has no problems spending several thousand for each soldier to have optics now days but they ain't worth a thin dime if you can't shoot.

Get proficient with iron sites and you won't need to spend a grand for a holographic site and magnifier to hit a man sized target further than 50 yards away. Then any sights you buy will be an actual skill multiplier instead of a crutch.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by boncho

I don't get it

It's in bad taste:

On July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside of a Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of the film The Dark Knight Rises. A gunman, dressed in tactical clothing, set off tear gas grenades and shot into the audience with multiple firearms, killing 12 people and injuring 70 others. The sole suspect, James Eagan Holmes, was arrested outside the cinema minutes later.

He also fired a Smith & Wesson M&P15[12] semi-automatic rifle with a 100-round drum magazine,

^ Also referred to as an AR-15. (Based on the history and patents leading to future designs.)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I dunno what the deal is I was seriously wondering about that ar lol I don't know what the problem is. It's an ar 15 colt for 1097$ at my local wal mart and I was hoping somebody could tell me what they thought about the price. I think it's good for a colt. So boncho I must ask what is the problem with my thread?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

That is ridiculous not everybody needs an ar to shoot up something. Stop trolling. I am here to discuss a gun price at wal mart. I laught at some peoples stupidity. Including whoever done that to them people. Now seriously I was just trying to start friendly conversation and your being immature about it.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

It's in bad taste:

Boncho.

This is the weaponry and tactics forum.
That's what they talk about here.

Are you just going to the recent threads page?
That's cool. I do the same thing most of the time but you have to look at the forum the thread was posted under or you might find yourself saying that philosophy isn't natural in the metaphysics forum. Or maybe arguing with a non-existing character in collaborative fiction forums.
edit on 6-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Originally posted by Domo1
reply to post by boncho

I don't get it

It's in bad taste:

On July 20, 2012, a mass shooting occurred inside of a Century movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, during a midnight screening of the film The Dark Knight Rises. A gunman, dressed in tactical clothing, set off tear gas grenades and shot into the audience with multiple firearms, killing 12 people and injuring 70 others. The sole suspect, James Eagan Holmes, was arrested outside the cinema minutes later.

He also fired a Smith & Wesson M&P15[12] semi-automatic rifle with a 100-round drum magazine,

^ Also referred to as an AR-15. (Based on the history and patents leading to future designs.)

Probably just a coincidence.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
** Closed - pending staff review **

stand by.

This is what the weaponry forum is for

Weaponry: This forum is dedicated to the discussion and examination of military weapons technology past, present, and future.

Reopened and moving to a more appropriate forum.
edit on Sun Jul 7 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If you want to keep it, I'd recommend buying it cash, and used from someone. Seriously, I'd wager in a few years, they'll be illegal to own, and then they'll go through every e-trail purchase of them to make sure they get rid of them. You're going to spend a small fortune on ammo too, so hope you got it....(and good luck finding it lately).

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

That's the only thing holding me back Is ammo.. Rifle rounds are almost non existent in my county. Have to go to Alabama just to get 22 lr. Shotgun shells are still plentiful but prolly won't last.
edit on 8-7-2013 by DarkNite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   
We've probably got another year or so, until ammo quantities get back to normal. It was supposed to get better, but seems to have gotten worse. Maybe once Obama's out of office.

I don't even target shoot anymore, as I simply don't want to waste it. I'm holding off on teaching the stepkids until I can get some more ammo....

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Unless you're rich then the one thing you should seriously learn at your age is: 1) Never pay retail and 2) pay yourself first out of any check you get and put the money away, no even in the bank, take it out in cash and tuck it away somewhere. And just constantly live "way below your means" and save up. Because I guarantee life will eventually throw you a rainy day or two and those savings will be your lifeline. So if you want a gun you probably don't need an AR 15. You probably could do with a used gun that someone is trying to get rid of for 100 bucks. Maybe it's not an ar 15 either. May it's just an old military surplus m14 rifle that holds 5 rounds. Doesn't matter, it does the job, and you pock 900+ in savings. Listen you're an adult now, unless your making 6 figures a year don't go buying retail. And even if you are still learn to put away cash money. Like seriously, learn from people who've been around the block so you don't have to learn the hard way yourself. good luck.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

May it's just an old military surplus m14 rifle that holds 5 rounds.
reply to post by spartacus699

I would really rather have an m14 any day over an ar.. But where to get one? Gun shows maybe but they are usually more expensive than shops. Seems like they buy Walmart guns which are usually cheap an double the price.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
"Never Pay Retail"...that's good advice.

My electronics = Craigslist
My furniture = Ashley, all new, but since we were buying a lot, and paying cash, we got the price down hundreds of dollars.
My appliances = All new, but again, we paid cash, and saved around $2000 total
My bedroom furniture = Craigslist

All furniture is real wood and leather, appliances are all state of the art and stainless steel, and electronics are all name brand and look and sound great. Didn't pay retail for ANY of it.

That is excellent advice.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I agree maybe I will start saving. And I was just wondering why would this thread be moved from weaponry when an ar 15 is a weapon. And it's military tech. It doesn't really matter but I believe it was already in the appropriate forum. That's crazy

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:25 PM
link   

This is the weaponry and tactics forum. That's what they talk about here.

Like he said that's what they talk about here. It was not in the wrong forum. Now it is. But oh well haha I would be a beast moderator. How do I become a moderator so I can show them how to do their job lol

top topics

join