It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So you want to practice magic..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
That is a crap load of work to just wanting to learn the metal rings......

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
There are people who practice magick ,and this isn't it . The OP ,no matter what else was stated ,is mocking Magick ,which is rude .
Some people use magick as an adjunct to their spiritual beliefs .
What do we do ...well we burn candles,use oils to anoint ,burn incense ,pray,and make offerings.
Which ,if I am not mistaken ,is exactly what catholics Jews and Buddhists do in their practices .
All of this originated in one place ,and people took the basics ,and made it their own ,where ever they landed in the world .voila ,multiple religions .
Spells are no different than prayer or chants ,or is that lost on you too ?
And true believers don't charge to teach novices .

And yes,when you do it as the art intends ,its spelled MAGICK . Magic is the stuff David Copperfield does ,which any true practitioner ,usually knows .
Oyyyyyyy.....

edit on 7/5/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp
A "how to" magic thread, and no mention of attention at all?

Magic is not in the wand, it's in what the wand does, which is to direct an focus attention. If your magic isn't dealing with attention and the realm it works in (archetypal realm), it's not worth a damn.

Try OccultCorpus.com if you want to learn about magic.

Again First split

two types

Russian versus American

Works (natural talent)

versus

How works (training)

Since you posted here, why did you post..I do love the subtle use of attempted Alpha male syndrome.. I have to give it a c minus..

The answer to your question is very simple..

Are you going to complete the task as outlined?

lol

Magic is very subtle and powerful, like a woman you must use finesses and skill.
the basic building block is discipline, self imposed

after all how do you focus if you are unable to
how do you know which realm it operates in

How do you separate fools mate from sympathetic magics
How do you keep from going off the deep end with obsession
How do you separate indigestion from a magic or psi attack
How do you separate a con read from genuine psi incident

How can you make sure random thoughts dont meme their way inside your head during high magics ( results very)

Basics...

Out of the wild blue..

How is your magic working for you?

Cast it.. you can get the event to occur but your drained afterward..

Just curious

then the event occurred and let me guess some other things popped up..

side effects- not expected...

You never did have a system in place to monitor results

and did not think to correlate them

My main question is if you have reached a stasis point in your magic.. Stagnant..

just curious

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

thank you for the laugh..

The universe is way to short of it..

I could never keep the way to do the metal rings straight.. I always forget them

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
What are you trying to manifest with this thread if i may ask? Or would that ruin the mystery?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I know what you mean, its a perspective change, but a perspective change would undermine it, its more of a pure distribution of energy to a certain goal. "The key is not to bend the smoke, that is impossible, but instead bend yourself, realise the spoon is not there" - Matrix

I'd say there's magic above this such as astral projection, which this would be a lower form of.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by PtolemyII
There are people who practice magick ,and this isn't it . The OP ,no matter what else was stated ,is mocking Magick ,which is rude .
Some people use magick as an adjunct to their spiritual beliefs .
What do we do ...well we burn candles,use oils to anoint ,burn incense ,pray,and make offerings.
Which ,if I am not mistaken ,is exactly what catholics Jews and Buddhists do in their practices .
All of this originated in one place ,and people took the basics ,and made it their own ,where ever they landed in the world .voila ,multiple religions .
Spells are no different than prayer or chants ,or is that lost on you too ?
And true believers don't charge to teach novices .

And yes,when you do it as the art intends ,its spelled MAGICK . Magic is the stuff David Copperfield does ,which any true practitioner ,usually knows .
Oyyyyyyy.....

edit on 7/5/13 by PtolemyII because: (no reason given)

Are we also my dear child going to have the inane arguments over Wiccan versus Pagan Versus Witch

We can go with your basic formula
MAGICK versus Magic versus MAJIK Versus any other stupid way to waste time with spelling..

The argument your using is the start of the religion aspect.. The us versus them dynamic is built

I challenge you to follow this if it is so simple it is beneath you

We can go with all that magic is prayer with props..

(it has made some interesting conversations with christians. Especially when you ask them how they pray .. Do they take the time to write out the prayer before they pray.. The best is asking if they ever pray just to tell their deity, How are you today?)

Candle magics
so we referring to summoning
Wards
cleansing
binding

As for making fun of magic.. the most powerful circle I was ever in was a fairy and bubblegum circle.. a six year child wrote a spell and the other children cast it. we provide a few elements of protection and a single rewrite...

That spell was the only spell I have seen succeed 100%.. everyone relaxed and just enjoyed the moments.. we all acted like kids. and the faires.. well shiney objects did disappear for the next three weeks

( three of the parents got calls for interviews and got the jobs among other things..)

Humor is a key psych component

Their is also another majik you left out

Baby magics.. You know the one that spreads like a disease when some one cast it

The universe has a sense of humor. They tried to help one lady conceive and well... every one around her got pregnant..( even one that was supposed to have the parts all removed..) She didnt.. This went on for a year till they stop trying the magics..

She got pregnant a week later..

lol

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I'll take 2 ounces, please?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Magic is a concept, a label, such as any word, it doesn't matter what you call anything unless you wish to communicate it to some body. You could call it the universal forces and natural energy's. Its just a way to harness it before you go off the rails, trying to think bigger than your boots.

The religious books have much truth about this such thing, but how to treat your mind, how to let your mind just be and do, rather think of next tomorrow and yesterday, because they don't exist.
You have an illusion which is pulled over your eyes, a veil which is just the material world.

Jesus Christ in the bible is the willed ethereal/ Shifted consciousness.

Many magic can be done with this to find your true self and become whole.

Thy shall be done on earth as it is in heaven.

If thy father is evil, when though son asks for good, how will he give him the gifts he wants?

Something like that.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
What are you trying to manifest with this thread if i may ask? Or would that ruin the mystery?

I am not trying to manifest anything

I am answering a question honestly...

Breaking down what I have learned to basic parts and sharing the basics
I expect most of those doing this to surpass me..

This comes from a lot of my failures more then some of the walking on water I have done..

BTW, for christians
A conversation I had with one of the few honest christians I have met

How strong is your faith? Have you ever tried to walk on water?

Try it sometime.. Peters faith faltered if I remember correctly.. so dont feel bad

If it succeeds please record it.. I want to see it..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wisdomer

I know what you mean, its a perspective change, but a perspective change would undermine it, its more of a pure distribution of energy to a certain goal. "The key is not to bend the smoke, that is impossible, but instead bend yourself, realise the spoon is not there" - Matrix

I'd say there's magic above this such as astral projection, which this would be a lower form of.

so true.. the art of bending one self

You see this is another trap I have fell into..

I am learning the hard way still

Higher and lower

The only sane description I have found is tool use.. No white or black or grey magic just a tool with intentions...

Astral projection and me for some reason have issues.. I do not for some reason have the issue with RV

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol

Originally posted by TheomExperience

I am not trying to manifest anything

I am answering a question honestly...

Breaking down what I have learned to basic parts and sharing the basics
I expect most of those doing this to surpass me..

This comes from a lot of my failures more then some of the walking on water I have done..

BTW, for christians
A conversation I had with one of the few honest christians I have met

How strong is your faith? Have you ever tried to walk on water?

Try it sometime.. Peters faith faltered if I remember correctly.. so dont feel bad

If it succeeds please record it.. I want to see it..

I believe in myself so unless i believed someone/something else i would not have to worry about my "faith". I tried walking on water when i was younger, also climbing walls like spider man. I was not successful so i made a raft instead.
All my successes and failures are recorded in what i call my mind book. Its not a "real" book so to speak so i can change it anytime i want without the need for whiting things out.
Unfortunately i cannot show you my book as it would only be my interpretation.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I think i will ask washington what magic they are using to pull the same crap over and over again on us.

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mugen
I'll take 2 ounces, please?

I'll take the time to answer this question in way that does not violate ATS rules..

this is a monkey on the back of a lot of magic practitioners and covens.. I have never found usage to aid my magics.. most of the time you have to start magic prep with cleansing and fasting..

Your calling on dieties and energies, some not always pleasant..

The equivalent is drunk driving.. no real excuse

I will mention this.. A few of the rituals, none of which I will outline, do involve these items.. I am against it but I do not argue with shaman or medicine men.. From my personal observations the Natives have very specific processes they follow..

Such as making the tools for harvesting and storage your self
Then having to get the plants permission to use it
then only under the much more experienced person..
None of it is the crap I have seen

The only results I have seen from its usage is destruction of personal lives of the practitioners.. complete and utter.. the universe is ruthless in Darwinism... They so destroyed their lives it was a pointless endeavor and no the spells collapsed on them..

And yes it dropped a priest who thought he could handle it..

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Wisdomer

to true good sir to true..

As for the bible..

A pagan view point is quite interesting.. A lot of basic magic is hidden in its pages.. more so in the lost books...

A whole lot...

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Iv had some strange experiences with it, Every day life is towards RV if your spiritual. It can lead to shifting conscious by increasing control over ethereal/spirit/will, then just focus towards that and it would be much easier if you did it properly obviously.

But the ethereal, is made up of the physical and mental. The physical body has the mental with it, unless you try using the mental body elsewhere with sight, or any other sense, it then becomes the ethereal body's.

Allowing you to destroy body and mind in hell.

Also uncommonly known as the third eye.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Wisdomer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
i'm convinced that practice of anything is only to convince oneself that you are capable of doing the "task".
the ability to do it was already within you but you did not believe it.
possibly the various things one is already quite proficient at is already programmed in one's DNA.
mind can effect the DNA, hence strong belief will alter DNA.

waddayarekon rip?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Practice would be great, if it wasn't 'practice'...I never go to medical clinics that describe themselves as 'Practices'...

Practically speaking, ignorance is not bliss in the 'now you see it - now you don't'...'You just missed another gate', paperfolded realities that venn into your own circle of influence...

...unless idiot-savant acquisition of pre-life skills make it through the pores of a current life...questions are always asked...but these geniuses never ask questions, or question why...(always been fascinated by Angel Syndrome)...

The alphabet is meant to be learnt...even intuiting these skills is moot (they must be inderstood at the most visceral levels)...protection from self-imposed civet-traps is difficult in explanation, but is what occurs due to misunderstood mechanisms 'practiced' by blindsided curiosity...

Å99

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Nice thread. I used to be into this stuff, so I thought I'd put it my two cents.

The critical thing, I think, is what I call persistence of thought. The diary is one first step toward building that. But in theory, it could be anything. Take a rock. Put in in a pretty place, and stare at it for a long time, remember everything about it...

Philip K. Dick defined reality as that which "does not go away when we stop believing in it", and that's a good definition. I would add it also doesn't go away when we forget about it, or are too lazy to think about it.

Every day, consider the rock you put in that place, just sitting there, being its own. Imagine a situation where you sit and envision the rock all the time, non-stop. Once you achieved that state, your idea, your mental image of the rock, and the rock, become one. (This is a hard state to reach) At that point your thoughts and reality are a singular thing. If you destroyed the rock in your mind, you would destroy the rock in reality.

But that's an almost impossible level of concentration to reach. In practice, you form a blueprint of something in your mind that's well informed. A plan for instance, and then take meaningful action, and watch as the universe rises to support you in making your blueprint manifest, once the blueprint is burned into your mind. The universe responds to the persistence of your thoughts, and your sacrifice of things like time. So if you put time into practice of something as absurd as "magic", it actually will pay strange dividends, just as your guitar playing will improve.

But those are just my two cents, its been a long time for me. Peace!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

I find your thread very interesting.
Not sure if I'm up for all of the writing. but I'll keep reading.

And this here is my favorite quote. The power behind it is simple yet elegant.

From The Matrix (1999)
Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.
Neo: What truth?
Spoon boy: There is no spoon.
Neo: There is no spoon?
Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

And it all boils down to this. Sometimes in order to change the world you must first change yourself.
Once you change the world responds differently.

Very powerful stuff.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join