It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Americans View Blacks As Racist Than Whites, Hispanics

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

I think that I can say without a doubt that I am not racist. But I can also say without a doubt that I am prejudice. Against certain pop-cultures, religions, ideologies, etc, etc.

But I also try to see where they are coming from. I try to see their point of view.

I don’t hate anybody, but I freely admit that I don’t like some people.

Hell, I guess that makes me human, don’t it?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

* * * * * * * Please Note * * * * * * * *

Please post on the topic, not on each other, nor a conception of their personalities.

This is a subject that fans peoples' passions and it takes maturity to discuss. Eye on the ball, not the player ;o)

Thanks,

argentus

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightOrange
reply to post by MichaelPMaccabee

More importantly -- even if it is able to be painted in terms under the broad brush of "racism", what makes it bad?

The label?

Sorry, no dice.

Are you asking, "What makes racism bad?"

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

More importantly -- even if it is able to be painted in terms under the broad brush of "racism", what makes it bad?

The label?

Sorry, no dice.

Answer the question.

You're wearing me out.

Do you have any interest in talking about it or are we just throwing labels at things now and walking away?

That's not a very intellectual approach if you ask me.

Tell me, what makes this survey bad, even if it can be painted as "racist"? I've only asked you about 10 times now you haven't even tried to answer once. At this point I have to assume it's because you can't answer it because there is nothing wrong with it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by argentus

I check up on this thread from time to time. Thank you to the Mods who have shut down the more inflammatory posts. I meant for this thread to be based upon rational discussion. (Personnal observances should be allowed however)

But I'm thinking that it is devolving quickly into a emotional debate. Nothing good comes from that.

Feel free to shut it down.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:18 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by wingsfan

I think that I can say without a doubt that I am not racist. But I can also say without a doubt that I am prejudice. Against certain pop-cultures, religions, ideologies, etc, etc.

But I also try to see where they are coming from. I try to see their point of view.

I don’t hate anybody, but I freely admit that I don’t like some people.

Hell, I guess that makes me human, don’t it?

Human? Because you openly judge or dislike people that you do not know for the most trivial of reasons? You may be giving yourself too much credit.

People should be judged on a case by case basis, but I guess that objective thought is lost on bigots and hate mongers

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Human? Because you openly judge or dislike people that you do not know for the most trivial of reasons? You may be giving yourself too much credit.

Is that sarcasm I detect or a honest question? Yep, I don't like some people, usually their actions are what cause me to not like them, and I will admit that there are parts of my town I will not visit at night. Mainly, because I know I am not welcome there. I've experianced it.

Then again, maybe you are judging me for at least being honest.
I try to avoid people I don't like, I think everybody does this. I'm not standing on a pedestal like many try to do and yet fail. I don't seek conflict and when confronted with it, I try to find a peaceable resolution. But sometimes it just doesn't work that way.
edit on 9-7-2013 by TDawgRex because: Big Paws

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I myself am light green with a Stetson,dad was a zoomie officer.On Clark he was "Chappy" James first combat commander,my family was raised in an enforced "colorblind" environment.
I may be ignorant of some cultural sensitivity due to the fact "PC" is a blight on the human language so I ignore it.
I am by my presence a thorn in the side of most of the norms as I am weird and most can't handle weird well.
The Army HATED IT.So I have had my share of outsider life.
I don't blame anyone for it.I actually find it liberating,but it is my decision to continue living this way.
I have seen some black guys cherry pick my language and use it against me but Cav is rude and crude anyway.
All this superficial bulls##t is just a tool to divide NOTHING MORE.
Stop feeding a pointless act where we should be working to move forward as Americans.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MichaelPMaccabee

The label?

Sorry, no dice.

Answer the question.

You're wearing me out.

Do you have any interest in talking about it or are we just throwing labels at things now and walking away?

That's not a very intellectual approach if you ask me.

Tell me, what makes this survey bad, even if it can be painted as "racist"? I've only asked you about 10 times now you haven't even tried to answer once. At this point I have to assume it's because you can't answer it because there is nothing wrong with it.

I was asking for clarification, which you have provided. I couldn't believe you were asking if racism was bad, but did not know how else to interpret your question. Now that you have, I really don't know what to say. Not because I can't answer the question, however, but because I already have Repeatedly.

The survey is asking a populace to make an quantified opinion based on their own racial prejudices. It invites those answering the survey to answer a racist question, to separate a populace based on race.

The survey has racist questions, it isn't 'bad'. It's actually a masterfully produced survey giving results that many in the thread don't even seem to be understanding. Bad isn't a word I have used in this thread outside of asking what was meant by the word. In fact, I have stated a few times that this survey, while racist, fits into the broader discussion quite well as a tool of self reflection for those that see blacks as more racist. This is why the reaction against my ideas is so strong. No one likes to be shown that their thoughts and views are racist. Well, actually, some people do like it. Some revel in it.

I think it is also quite interesting to look at the correlation between those thinking race relations are getting better, and those thinking that blacks are the most racist. It would be interesting to see how a poll like this played out in more areas of the country, like Portland, OR, for instance, or Salt Lake City, Utah.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
It amazes me to read this thread and how naive some people are. There's racists everywhere...anyone who gets online to indulge in gaming has to always deal with little pissant racists calling people the n word and using swastikas as their emblems
yet, black kids are the most racist.

There's idiots everywhere. Stop trying to single people out based on skin color.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander
It amazes me to read this thread and how naive some people are. There's racists everywhere...anyone who gets online to indulge in gaming has to always deal with little pissant racists calling people the n word and using swastikas as their emblems
yet, black kids are the most racist.

There's idiots everywhere. Stop trying to single people out based on skin color.

TROLL..

online gamers vs twitter "kill whitey" posts regarding Trayvon..

oh, Reginald Denny probably wants to smack you btw

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz
reply to post by Visitor2012

What point are you trying to make?

holidays celebrate what one currently has. respectfully, one celebrates how many years of life they've had, (and are currently at) on birthdays, and one celebrates the freedoms that one possesses on independence day.

i see his attempt to put certain people down as hypocritical. he wishes to enjoy all the freedoms of our nation while saying "oh, but some people with the same color of skin as you wronged some people with the same color of skin as me generations ago".

if he did not have the same rights and freedoms as everyone else, i would understand his statement, but it is currently hypocritical.

Independence day is about celebrating July 4th, 1776. Whatever else the American people make out of it, is their own. And in 1776, Black people were slaves. So there's little to NO reason for black people to celebrate that day with you because that was the worst year of their existence. Same goes with the Indians and their betrayal by the American Government. If you want to celebrate America as it is today..feel free to create a different holiday. Like you say, that was then, this is now.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

And they only have their self's to blame about that the first man to legally own a slave in america was of what skin color? drum roll please ................................ black. Look it up a black man created a case in which he could outright own a slave which before that was an indentured servant who owed work to pay for his or her relocation and better opportunities in the new country.

Anthony Johnson sued Robert Parker in the Northampton Court in 1654. In 1655, the court ruled that Anthony Johnson could hold John Casor indefinitely. The court gave judicial sanction for blacks to own slave of their own race. Thus Casor became the first permanent slave and Johnson the first slave owner.

ooooooooooooopppppppppppppppppssssssssssssssssss lol. the selfishness of one black man created your history. And it took the deaths of hundreds of thousands of my ancestors to solve the problem just because there was a famine in their country. Then some years later An Irish president shut down segregation and helped with the civil rights movement again we came to your aid . We have been your greatest supporters only to watch your community lump all white people together

and if you look at the date america was what at the time? Drum roll please....................... a British colony opppsss. Our country started in 1776 and slavery ended in 1865 lets do the math here it took a new country only 89 years to correct the problem.I would say for a country in its infancy that's one hell of a leap within its first 100 years of being a country
edit on 11-7-2013 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by digital01anarchy

So what? What does that actually have to do with... anything?

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I was wandering around the ancient history of words and found some stuff I thought was interesting, It's not really on topic but it is also not off topic.

It is about the history of the N-word. Seems like something good turned bad. Just as the swastika was a good sign, it is now considered bad.

www.raceandhistory.com...

www.assatashakur.org...******.html

I don't know how the perception of the authors of these are, they may be seeing things wrong. I actually found other references that showed similar content to them, but they were definitions and short writings. Everything is a perception, a belief, it has been that way for thousands of years. Beliefs change often over time in civilizations.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Baddguy

Originally posted by suz62
reply to post by TDawgRex

You know who doesn't whine? Native Americans. They tell it like it is if you ask but they don't walk around with their pants around their ankles snivelling.
edit on 7/5/2013 by suz62 because: (no reason given)

yea you know nothing about native Americans then....right now we are battling changing the Redskins name to the Redtails because of Native American "whining"

but look, lets just discuss WHY people see blacks as "more racist" because as a black man i do agree that blacks are more racially aware
edit on 5-7-2013 by Baddguy because: (no reason given)

Right.

I'm sure you'd be totally cool if a baseball team popped up called the "Birmingham Blackfaces." Because, you know, history.

"Racially aware." What a complete load of garbage. Justifying your ignorance is a pathetic cop-out.

edit on 19-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
one of the most poignant statements was made to me a couple years ago, while off the beaten path DEEEEP in the swamp of E. North Carolina.

It was from this little old woman of color, catherine, who was the furthest thing from a racist. had white daughters and sons in law, and about 20 mixed grandbabies.

she said "while we was fightin' the rest of 'em swarmed in and took half of what was there".. it was a deep all afternoon conversation with her. this was about the 60's-now.

the area at one time employed hundreds of men working in the fields. then the swarms of migrants exploded in the late 80's and ballooned to now, many hideout and now longer migrate!. Their families live off of the fact the wife/mother gets all the welfare bennies and the men roam looking for work, I mean are illegals gonna lie that the father has abandoned them? of course.. instant food EBT card

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join