It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Goes Around Comes Around

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Last week I had a co-worker approach me and ask if I could loan them $5 to buy some gas to get home. Our checks are direct deposit, and they were going in that day. This person had simply run out of money.

I said sure, and handed the person the money.
I never hesitate helping someone else, if I can. Isn't it what we are supposed to do? Help one another?

Well, later I was talking to another co-worker, and they asked me if this other person had asked me for the money. I said yes, and I let them have it.
They said they were glad about that, then proceeded to raise hell because this person had asked for money from others. They said that was exactly why they didn't carry money on them! This person told them flat out, "No!"

So, what's the world come to when people get upset about helping someone out? It was only $5.00, and without it, this person wouldn't have been able to get home. You would have thought they had asked for $100 the way this other person reacted!

So, I did my good deed for the day.

When I got home I had a letter from my doctor. Inside was a refund check for $5.00 where I had over-paid on my co-pay.

I hate to think what will be "coming around" to the person who was so stingy and mean!

What goes around, comes around!

edit on 7/2/2013 by sled735 because: correction

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Is it more to the likes of "What you send around comes around?"

Or you reap what you sow.

Or do unto others what you want done unto you.

How many cultures should we include? Theres Karma, too. And Yin and Yang?

I love that concept. The naysayers will tell you it's simply random occurrence. I disagree. I have had way too many little experiences like yours to not believe in the Merry Go-Round.

Let that be a lesson to all.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Instant karma

Gotta love it

Can I borrow $5 from every member please
Cody

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Great story and I applaud you for posting it here for us to enjoy!

This idea of cause and effect has been around in almost every culture and religion. There must be something to it to have so may aspirants.

Just remember that physical laws and spiritual laws are tied together.

ETA

Newton's Law III: To every action there is always an equal and opposite reaction: or the forces of two bodies on each other are always equal and are directed in opposite directions.
edit on 2013/7/2 by Metallicus because: ETA

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I applaud you,

for those that know my story know.

i have been that person that needed help, living alone on the streets of Hollywood for a year and a half, and was spit upon and shunned amongst other physically atrocities and torture,

i will help anyone, even if they are the ones that spit on me, for one day i may need help again, and i may need to extend my hand, and would hope someone would extend theirs back

again i applaud you!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I'll hold your hand Darth anytime
Need a lift u2u me

Wanna skip through the flowers together ?

I'll get the wife to take the photo's

Now that would be an interesting thread

One day Darth I'm coming to hollyweird and we will share a drink and a laugh.

Cody

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thanks for the video, Cody. I love that song!

Darth, I hadn't read/heard about your story. I'm so happy you are out of that situation.

I've been in bad situations too, so maybe that's why I can relate to how these people feel more than someone who hasn't experienced it for themselves? But, I just think some are naturally mean-at-heart.
Their day is coming! I hope the people who spit on you get to experience the same. And they will....

edit on 7/2/2013 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
My past/story is dark and full of atrocities that would sicken the strongest stomach

i've noticed It's a lack of empathy and compassion for people, also the way that society has been conditioned into a more 'Selfish Society', it takes people like you, and others who are willing to give and help to push forward

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks! That means a lot to me.

I'm touched that this story is touching others, as well.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Allow me to clarify something...

I work third shift, so I didn't have the check when I came home that morning; it came in the mail that day while I was asleep. My husband had put it on the table and I saw it when I got up.

The way I worded it in the OP sounded like it was already there. But, the timing in the way it happened was what makes it so interesting.

In my town, if you live in the same zip code, the sender can mail a letter that morning, and the receiver can get it the same day.

This is why I found it so fascinating! KARMA in the fast lane!

edit on 7/2/2013 by sled735 because: add

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Damn Darth,
I'm gonna buy you lunch next time I get a chance to visit Hollywood.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Good on you sled. Give i say and good things will happen. Much love to you!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Giving is kind and if I can't give money I give a smile or send out vibes of love. Dance live laugh and love.

Thanks for sharing this story friend.

And I too love that Lennon song ...

Peace and love to you
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Lovely story. I do not have much, but I believe in compassion and generosity. I also believe that it does come back to you. I have been on the needing side and I can attest to the joy a helping hand gives when it is freely and generously given. Sometimes it makes all the difference in the world.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Originally posted by sled735

I hate to think what will be "coming around" to the person who was so stingy and mean!

Then don't. Just stop spreading the negativity with your beliefs.

Love forgives, not expects the worse for another.

What if you get bad karma where someone wants YOU to suffer for not doing what they expected of you?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I based my statement on "the LAW of karma".

Didn't come from me.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Originally posted by sled735
reply to post by arpgme

I based my statement on "the LAW of karma".

Didn't come from me.

Yes, but your thoughts and emotions DID come from you.

My response was to you, what you said here about your own beliefs and emotions, not the belief of karma:

Then don't. Just stop spreading the negativity with your beliefs.

Love forgives, not expects the worse for another.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Great thread, Sled. Very nice story. S&F for you.

Seems someone here isn't getting the message you intended with your thread.

Maybe this person needs to take a look at him/herself and see why they received anything negative from your post? There has to be a search for the negative in one's subconscious on any given subject before one can perceive it, IMO.

I didn't see anything at all negative in your post. You were simply stating that the laws of karma could be bad for the person that was mean and hateful, not wanting to help this other person.
I didn't realize you wrote the rules of karma.

You will always find some jealous person who tries to turn good intentions into a bad thing. Some people just aren't happy, and have to try to drain it from others when they see a good heart. Poor souls.

Anyway, great thread! I'm happy to consider you as a friend.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindless1980
I didn't see anything at all negative in your post. You were simply stating that the laws of karma could be bad for the person that was mean and hateful, not wanting to help this other person.
I didn't realize you wrote the rules of karma.

karma is a belief that does not come from forgiveness. Love forgives. When I said the original poster was spreading "negativity" through his/her belief, I was responding to this:

"hate", "stingy", "mean", "coming back around" (pay back - revenge)...

These are things that most people feel as negative and I was just responding in that context.

I wasn't saying that one way is better than another. I was simply saying if you hate it, then don't think like that. Choose love and forgiveness.
edit on 3-7-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join