It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabia calls on EU to arm Syrian rebels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Saudi Arabia calls on EU to arm Syrian rebels

uk.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Saudi Arabia, a foe of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, has urged the European Union to arm Syrian rebels without delay, following similar action by the United States.

"The Syrian opposition is not only fighting an illegitimate regime, but also fighting a foreign occupier," Saudi state news agency SPA quoted Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal as telling an EU-GCC ministerial meeting in Bahrain on Sunday.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
uk.reuters.com
www.thecommentator.com
edit on 2-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia which also is an Dictatorship state nation which has zero freedoms and human rights has called upon EU to arm Syrian rebels and at the same time while in Dictatorship Bahrain it claimed that Syria is foreign occupied.

"He was referring to Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah forces that have joined in recent fighting alongside Assad's military, notably spearheading the capture of the border town of Qusair."

At the Same Saudi Arabia and Qatar are backing its own Islamist brigades in Syria and have being doing so since the protests had started. There were no moderates to begin with and yes John McCain knows it thus is lying.

There agenda in Syria is to purge, cleanse Shia, Christians and Kurds from Syria so Sunnis could have an regional power grab.

This is why John McCain wants to intervene badly. So they wouldn't have paychecks from Saudi Arabia.

John McCain blinking a lot on FOX News shows his lying.

uk.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Why cant Saudi Arabia arm the rebels, they have certainly acquired the hardware to do so from the American and EU nations over the past couple of decades!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by andy06shake

Why cant Saudi Arabia arm the rebels,

Thats the point they already have and have being doing so since 2011 since the protests had started, along with Turkish Government. You know the fake peace deal with the Kurds? they did the peace deal just so they can handle Syria rather focusing on the Kurdish uprising.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:17 AM
link   
The levels of corruption in our countries is staggering.

The arming of terrorists in Syria is a crime. It is treason, it is illegal and it's completely contrary to the reasons we have been force fed as to why almost every right has been trampled, every freedom infringed and every oppressive new law introduced 'for our protection from terrorists' during the 'war on terror'.

Now the lying scum are sending arms, money, protection and supplies to those we have been told are trying to murder us all - the terrorists.

This is the very definition of treason, and frankly i for one am becomming 'outraged out'.

Perhaps that is the plan after all...bombard the people with SO many scandals, SO many crimes commited by those who occupy positions of authority and ought to be beyond criminal reproach, SO many inconsistencies of policy - like sending our troops to kill and die in the face of our 'terrorist enemy', the turn around and send those same terrorists and enemies MILLIONS in aid, weapons, defense and as reports claim - chemical weapons to use to frame Assad....there are SO many disjointed, rediculous aspects coming out, they are hoping we won't be able to concentrate on a single event or revelation and will become baffled and apathetic and overwhelmed.

Is this the transparency Obama promised the people? The only thing that's transparent is the corruption and cyncial lies and machinations..it's almost like the Governments of the West are basically saying.."Yeah..we're liars and cheats and there's nothing any of you can do about it...now F*** off and get back to paying taxes so we can do more of this crap in your name, there's a good little peon".

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy06shake
Why cant Saudi Arabia arm the rebels, they have certainly acquired the hardware to do so from the American and EU nations over the past couple of decades!

They are arming terrorists, not rebels...there are no rebels in Syria, only terrorists brought in by SA and Qatar (Qatar supplied Sarin gas to the Taliban to frame Assad, so the West would have an excuse to arm the 'enemy') to overrun Syria, cause chaos and install a radicalised fundamentalist government in Syria so the country goes down the toilet leaving an unobstructed and unchallenged path to Iran.

It's never been about Syria or Syrians, it's always been about destabilising the region, weakening alliances and ultimately getting rid of Iran. This is and always has been the goal.

Israel and the US have not had the success it thought it would get over the 'Iranian nuclear' thing...the world didn't jump up and down post-Iraqi WMD fiasco, and they didn't demand the US wipes away the 'threat'...so Syria is 'plan B'...i wonder who or what is going to be plan C, becuase never mind the Government lies, the people are NOT buying this Syria lie either...so what's next?

Probably a chemical 'attack' in Israel, or a dirty bomb to galvanise public opinion to their way of thinking or somesuch nonsense.

It's all fake folks, except the very real murder, suffering and heavy price paid by the people on the ground...as per bloody usual.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Saudi has a psychotic hatred of Shia Muslims and is no knight in shining armour to the ME. It ignores human rights where it suits.

The Syrian rebels are a mixed faction of at least 12 different groups and I wonder which one Saudi fancies or does it wish each group to be separately armed.

Something I suspect many don't realize is that Assad comes from a non Sunni and separate faction of Muslims and I heard that 40% of this particular group has died in this fighting.

Where do we really get when we interfere and remove these country's leaderships? nowhere because the weaponry destroys all the individual country's infrastructures and the country is left with huge numbers indiscriminately
killed and piles of rubble instead of people's homes. The people left fight amongst themselves and the country is, in fact worse off. Usually this is done in order to benefit from some form of trade aspect not a concern for the public of those countries ever.

These foreign policies only make money for a very few and create hatred towards the publics in the West. Some people realize we have no say in any of this but many don't as was aptly demonstrated in this country in Woolwich.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
Now we're at a war with Syria! It wont take long for these nations to immediately trump the rebels weaponry over Assads. They wont wait for Assad either, they'll go for the throat quickly.
So what happens when Assads gone? which faction is looking at taking over.
The Muslim Bros (bruvafromanuvamuva) took Egypt.
The west took Libya.
The Iranians took Baghdad

looks like the west is needing another win, whats Russia really gunna do about it?

edit on 2-7-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
Something I suspect many don't realize is that Assad comes from a non Sunni and separate faction of Muslims and I heard that 40% of this particular group has died in this fighting.

In other words, the Saudis would like us to commit genocide on their behalf.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Now we're at a war with Syria! It wont take long for these nations to immediately trump the rebels weaponry over Assads. They wont wait for Assad either, they'll go for the throat quickly.
So what happens when Assads gone? which faction is looking at taking over.
The Muslim Bros (bruvafromanuvamuva) took Egypt.
The west took Libya.
The Iranians took Baghdad

looks like the west is needing another win, whats Russia really gunna do about it?

edit on 2-7-2013 by Agit8dChop because: (no reason given)

There's a very simple, non military thing Russia can do about it right now that would throw all of Europe into absolute chaos....turn off the gas.

No gas...no electricity, no heat, no industry. No war machine from Europe.

That's just a non-military thing they could do, at the push of a button...right now, today.

The other thing they could do, is what the West and Russia/China are doing as we speak...a new proxy war in the ME. This is a re-run of the 50's and 60's all over again. This time it isn't SE Asia...it's Iraq, Libya, Egypt, Afghanistan, Syria and ultimately, Iran.

This is all foreplanned, it's all wargamed and risks and benefits have been assessed and accounted for.

It's all fake and designed to create a ME super-state, with a controllable puppet government at the helm.

The people in the affected nations know it, the world governments know it...only we gullible idiots (generally) think we're doing it to free the people, presumable free them from the burden of life, because that's what's happened to millions of them so far...with potentially hundreds of millions more to come if / when they beat up enough support for an invasion of Iran once Syria is subdued.

Russia and China will be sending all their latest and greatest weapons of war to Syria, as will the US and UK.

It will become a real world testing ground for many ultra- sophisticated but untested weapons systems and tactics, and of course, as usual the poor people on the ground, who have NO say in any of it will die and suffer.

edit on 2-7-2013 by MysterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Saudi has a mate when it comes to us being expected to commit genocide on their behalf. But that's about the size of it. I suspect its about expecting the West to protect their oil fields. Image what would happen if those oil fields suddenly became inoperable?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I say let saudi arabia both fund and arm the muslim brotherhood terrorists in the middle east wherever they want. I am glad they are making their sick ideas known to the world so that people know whom to blame later after the religious fanatics take over the middle east and persecute both christians and jews.

I have no idea why we attacked afghanistan and iraq when the enemy was saudi arabia all along.

It doesn't seem like putin cares that much given that he rarely speaks out about libya, syria, and the muslim brotherhood. Maybe he does but why the silence? In fact he is not even taking a stand against usa with snowden.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Most of the EU is already 'arming terrorists'.

Egypt France Germany Italy Jordan Qatar Saudi Arabia Turkey United Arab Emirates United Kingdom United States Syrian opposition groups

Friends of Syria

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Two are opposed Germany, Italy check a few articles on that and also Kerry failed to unite them to have them all of EU arm them.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

" Iranian-backed Lebanese Hezbollah forces"

Good

"Same Saudi Arabia and Qatar are backing its own Islamist brigades in Syria"

Bad

I say it's time for the life guard to blow the whistle and get every SOB out of the pool!

In My Not So Humble Opinion...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

According to SLAYER69, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Bahrain Regimes GOOD, Free Syrian Army, fragmented Syrian Opposition with no clear leadership of any kind, (hitto does not count) SNC is good.

So tell me SLAYER69 are the Free Syrian Army, SNC Moderates?

Secondly since the Shia Muslims are being attacked in Syria Hezbollah has every right to defend there own people in Syria, yet these rebels that arent even moderates are pushing sharia laws in every rebel held areas they hold in Syria.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join