It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Requesting a Sexual Orientation Forum

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Since the topic is NEVER going to go away, can we just have a "Sexual Orientation" thread so that all the Gay/Not Gay posts can go there and the rest of us can just not subscribe to it as we see fit?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Since its the same crap with the same topics and same replies, you could probably take it a step further and make only 2-3 threads on the subject. It has gotten to the point where you could make templates for all the replies. It seems all you have to do is mention that you have a gay friend or family member and that we all should be equal. On the other side all you have to do is say "i don't like ____" and it turns into a rage fest that is funny to read. Its one of those subjects that has become more about looking PC than using logic so all we get is stupid from discussing it here.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
We'd be better off with a forum of, I want my account banned. Those who post get said wish.

But I understand how you feel. Maybe something like, Alternative Nation, would be better. Those hatters and chronic trolls will know better than to start stuff there. Side note, if a post on hating non-alternative folk is made, the thread author gets the ban.

My 2 satangs.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Equality through segregation... i like it!

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:44 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

I think there should also be a second law in addition to Godwin's Law...

Once the phrase "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" is uttered it is - as with Godwin's Law - an indication that the discussion is now over.

We could call it Sulu's Law... or Mercury's Law...

Once Sulu's Law has been invoked that thread must be closed so that a new thread on exactly the same topic can be started and the dead horse can be hit up and down the street again...

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
It's the same reason I don't subscribe to "Above Politics" or "Regional Politics" and several other forums that are on here.

A lot of the stuff I just ain't interested in.

I'm not suggesting we ban discussion of sexual orientation, whether gay, straight, or other, but much like the "2012" forum, it's a very specific discussion that we don't necessarily all need to participate in because it doesn't interest us.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Eh, i don't see it as a goodwins law type thing going on with the subject. What i do see is a bunch of liberal hipsters trying to one-up each other on who can sound the most open and accepting until logic is lost.
"i have a gay friend and..."
"I love gay people and..."
"I like my gay friends more than my straight..."
"Im not gay but i like to think of myself as gay because of how open and accepting i am of gay people..."
There is not too much gay hate going on here because its getting old. In one thread one guy made the big leap and said that he is accepting of people of all [sexual] persuasions. I asked him if that included pedophiles and he went into equality kernel panic, it was pretty funny.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemwolf

Oh gawd.

Gay Nazi's.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk
reply to post by Gemwolf

Oh gawd.

Gay Nazi's.

lol funny you bring that up, my friend was starting some group on face book called "white supremacists for LBGT equality" just to watch the hipsters complain about how they shouldn't be supporting equality.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 02:52 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

reply to post by Superhans

My Godwin's Law reference was in addition to your statement that "its the same crap with the same topics and same replies"... At some point - in any discussion about homosexuality - some muppet will arrive at the scene and state that "God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve" thinking they are very clever and funny, not realizing that they actually contributed to the lowest point in the discussion. It is such a dull and nonsensical "argument" (for lack of better word) that it can be compared to Godwin's Law and the use of Nazi references.

If that is the only argument a debater has left, then the discussion is (should be) over.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by juniperberry

No one is forcing you to open the "gay" threads!

This topic "Gay Forum" has been brought up before not so long ago (26 January 2012) and the idea was shot down by gay haters "because why do gay people need their own Forum, what makes them so special?"

Make up your minds!
edit on 2/7/13 by wiser3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Sexuality, Gender, and Family forum?

Not sure it would help that much; these things would still show up in Breaking News and other forum topics as a side show, and a forum of the above styling might encompass too many things at once. It seems to come and go in waves anyway.

Superhans' commentary about liberals kind of proves the point that you can make a political issue of most threads if you really wanted to!

Circular debates, repetitive arguments, and persons having strong interests in particular topics is just part of the ATS life I guess.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Then maybe we can have a "Dichotomy" forum.

the place where people can rant about all those things like

Gay/Not Gay
Meat/Vegetarian
Breast feed in public / Take it elsewhere madam.

etc..

It's just that these topics just never go away and end up spread all over every other forum. If we could just keep it to a corner, that would be just great.

Thanks for listening..

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Rant forum, mods just don't move them there when a topic is popular and bringing in the clicks.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by AlphaHawk

there were quite a few actually

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I never joined ATS with the intention of participating in sexual orientation threads, to be completely honest I did not even know they were on this site when I signed up.

But one day I stumbled upon a thread by pure chance about gay marriage and and the negativity and ignorance about the gay community being expressed was quite stunning to put it politely. It wouldn't matter where the threads were posted, until people's negative attitude toward homosexuality change these threads will keep popping up and the gay community will continue to defend themselves.

We don't need a gay thread area because it should be a non issue in reality.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by markosity1973

There really is not a whole lot of ignorance about the gay community here from what i have seen. All i have see at its not just the gays, its people refusing to see anything bad about the "community" they are a part of. Just because you don't agree with something or it does not suit you does not mean it is "ignorance".

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There are a lot of obvious trolls in those threads too. I find it very hard to believe that some of those people actually hold the opinions they express.

Many of them are started by obvious homophobes, whether they're trying to create attack threads or just trolling for the fun of it. They make ridiculous comparisons to child abusers, state irrational conclusions, often rant on about their religious beliefs, and end up just becoming the same argument over and over again.

I think there should perhaps be one thread going on, like an "All-encompassing gay thread" where all the religious and the gay members can just constantly battle it out. Every other "Gay Mafia" or "Gay Agenda" thread that pops up can then be closed and those involved directed to the existing one.

It would stop the clutter, and it would give one place for the Mods to police and ban accordingly.

There would need to be some careful consideration on the occasional thread, perhaps when there is a real story like politician being outed after being homophobic in the past, or when a law is passed that directly affects society. But 90% of them are not like that, they're rants from religious members wanting to find a way to attack.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Hey that is a great idea, create a place where they can go and reinforce their beliefs. Lets call it a FEMA detention camp or GITZMO.

Just kidding...or am I

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You'll all notice I didn't call it a "GAY" forum. Or a forum for Gays..

I'm calling it a "Sexual Orientation" forum, or perhaps as another poster suggested a "Lifestyle" forum.

So everyone can have these really stupid discussions that just go around in circles with no conclusion and no meaning.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join