It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pics of helicopter flying around Archuleta Mesa

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I'm horrible with computers so I don't know how to post links to these pics on the forum. Someone I know who I keep in contact with lives in Dulce New Mexico. He took 3 pictures of a black helicopter flying around Archuleta Mesa on Nov. 4. Can anyone explain how I can get these pictures from my Documents and Settings Pictures to this forum? If so, I will post them...

He has also said he's seen dead horses on dirt roads near Dulce with their lips and hoofs removed. He's also seen strange glowing craft in the sky over Archuleta Mesa.

[edit on 8-11-2004 by meshuggah1324]

[edit on 8-11-2004 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Upload the images to ImageShack, and then post the link. I would be very interested to see these pictures. u2u me if you have any difficulties.

www.imageshack.us...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
img91.exs.cx...

img91.exs.cx...

img91.exs.cx...

There ya go people! I've been meaning to register on this forum for months now! Enjoy these pics straight from Archuleta Mesa near the famous Dulce, New Mexico...

[edit on 10-11-2004 by meshuggah1324]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Ok....what is this supposed to mean though?

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Well considering there is no official military base or facility in the area it's kinda strange. The person who took these pictures says he sees them all the time and decided to take pics of them. He has also seen heavily armed military personal in the area for no logical reason. Put 2 and 2 together...

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
But nothing that would indicate any unusual activity. It appears to be an H-53 variant (MH-53A or MH-53J), most likely from the 551st Special Operations Squadron based at Kirtland AFB (Albuquerque, NM), The 551st does a lot of insertion/extraction/rescue training in NM (read Afghanistan, our terrain is similar), and it is not unusual to see them doing some pretty exciting stuff if you happen to be in the right (and remote) place.

Get some video of them landing, and actually doing something there, and you'll have something.

www.globalsecurity.org...

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 09:43 AM
link   
FYI - the antennas seen on the mesa belong to a company called RDS.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Here is some data I found on the installation and devices up on Archuleta Mesa:

PURPOSE -

Connect Rio Arriba, a grassroots community organization sponsored by
the Regional Development Corporation and partnering with Northern Rio Arriba Electric Co-op (NORA) have a community mandate to provide at least 75% of the population to NORA's service area with the opportunity to access high speed internet connections.

SUMMARY SCOPE OF WORK -

Design and install a "wireless-last-mile" broadband Network between
Chama, Dulce, Tierra Amarilla, Cebolla, Canjilon and the surrounding villages.

Provide ongoing consultation to guarantee the Network meets specified
operating standards.

Train local personnel to operate and maintain the Network.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Hmm, doesn't his camera have a zoom? I can hardly discern whether any of these pictures are helicopters or not.

[edit on 9-11-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Is that a radio station the ridge of that plateau? Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 01:46 PM
link   
It could just be securitity patroling.Or as port of an exercise.If you had to train Recon teams to infiltrate an area wouldn't this be great place to "Recon". Security is very tight and extremely up to date at dukce.

posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
ITs only a heavy marine transport, if the government was coverin something up, they wouldnt use something so huge i think

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I emailed the lady who was head of setting up the high-speed internet system on top of Archuleta Mesa. She wrote me back saying "the deal for that system fell through." I wonder if it was because of all the noise from below?

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Karl der Grosse
It could just be securitity patroling.Or as port of an exercise.If you had to train Recon teams to infiltrate an area wouldn't this be great place to "Recon". Security is very tight and extremely up to date at dukce.

The 551st SOS uses New Mexico as it's playground, the operative goal is to train pilots how to fly in mountainous terrain, not recon team tactics and capability. As a long time New Mexico resident and frequent traveler through Dulce I can say one thing about security, it is nonexistent (outwardly).

Originally posted by Paladin327
ITs only a heavy marine transport, if the government was coverin something up, they wouldnt use something so huge i think

It's only one of the most sophisticated, stealthy (and expensive), helicopters in the world.

posted on Nov, 10 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Being as how I live in NM, and I work for a telecommunications company, I would like to comment on the towers on top of the peak in the pictures.

I don't see anything inconsistent with the presence, and or setup/configuration of those towers. They have microwave dishes on them to receive a signal, and then wireless antennas to allow for users to access the high speed service. The building at it's base is typical. All towers of that type will have an "equipment shack" to store the racks of equipment needed to receive the microwave signal and convert it to a useable signal.

If you can find a spot in New Mexico where you don't see some sort of air traffic, that's when you need to be concerned.

E_T

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mirthful Me
It's only one of the most sophisticated, stealthy (and expensive), helicopters in the world.
It's not stealthy, terrain following radar with autopilot just enable it to fly so low that in mountaneous terrain it can stay under radar cover.

My vote goes for that chopper also, first pic shows that there are big engines and fuel tanks.

[url]http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/h-53-pics.htm[/img]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by E_T
It's not stealthy, terrain following radar with autopilot just enable it to fly so low that in mountaneous terrain it can stay under radar cover.

The reduced infrared signature, acoustic nullification (active and passive), and the ability to avoid radar is the very essence of stealth (I find it amusing that the concept of "stealth" has been reduced to radar cross section factor). Any aircraft whose sole design is to facilitate the insertion and/or extraction of personnel (or possibly the rescue of a "stealth pilot") regardless of the denial systems in place, sans detection, qualifies as "stealthy". The Pave Low III is a tried and true platform, capable of extended operations in hostile environments, able to absorb enemy fire and return to base (just one of the many shortcomings of the V-22), and a little stealthy.

[edit on 12/11/2004 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Definitely a 53, looking at teh long tail cone and pylon, otherwise it'd be difficult to say for certain considering the distance.

Now, for a rotor wing lesson; repeat afte me:
"Choppers are Huey AH-1's and UH-1's, not Sikorsky products!"

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 03:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Now, for a rotor wing lesson; repeat afte me:
"Choppers are Huey AH-1's and UH-1's, not Sikorsky products!"

You've been doing too many tail cone echo checks.
Go back to sleep in your hell hole :p

posted on Nov, 12 2004 @ 12:01 PM
link   
FYI - You can enlarge the first picture by placing your arrow on the bottom right corner. Then when the box comes up, click on it. It almost doubles the size of the picture. This is just for the ones who haven't figured this out yet...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join