It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan teenage sisters shot dead because they were DANCING

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
What kind of subhuman people do this? Restores family honor by shooting step mother and step sisters? Please help me understand why we give this country any kind of aid or assistance? How is there any honor in killing women and children in cold blood?

Text By Adrian Shaw 7 Comments Pakistan teenage sisters shot dead because they were DANCING 30 Jun 2013 22:28 Police suspect that the murders were ordered by the sisters’ stepbrother to restore the family’s “honour” Dance of death: The sisters on the video Dance of death: The sisters on the video Youtube Two teenage sisters have been shot dead in Pakistan – because they danced in the rain. Noor Basra, 15, and Noor Sheza, 16, were killed after a clip of the cavorting caused outrage in their ultra-conservative town. Their mother Noshehra was also shot. The three were killed by five gunmen. Police suspect that the murders were ordered by the sisters’ stepbrother to restore the family’s “honour”. The sisters were filmed six months ago break-dancing as the heavens opened. They were wearing traditional shalwar kameez trouser suits and green and purple headscarves.

www.mirror.co.uk...

Noor Basra and Noor Sheza were playing outside their home in Chilas
The clip was circulated via mobile phones but caused outrage in the town
The sisters were shot dead last Sunday alongside their mother
It is alleged the girls' step-brother planned the attack with four accomplices to restore the family's honour

www.dailymail.co.uk... -honour.html

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Things like this infuriate me! There is no excuse for this inhumane behavior. This crap has to stop! How can they be so barbaric?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by an0nThinker

Oh no. Bless their hearts. I hope they finally have peace.

I tried looking up some facts on the laws of honor killings in Pakistan- the facts are kind of hazy. On one hand it sounds like it is legal (so there might not even be recourse for the victims). On the other hand, it may be illegal but not necessarily enforced.

Hopefully the offenders are brought to justice. The article states the mother was shot as well. I wonder what their excuse was- she wasn't committing the horrible offense of 'dancing.'

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The fact that they were Pakistani is irrelevant. Just recently here in Milwaukee a father argued with the mother of his child and to spite her killed their daughter, then himself. Scum is scum and another way to spell it is h-u-m-a-n.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

So very sad! How can children dancing in the rain bring dishonor? That is what children are supposed to do! This past winter my granddaughter and I danced together in the snow while my husband took pictures. Thankfully our family considered the act to be beautiful lest we ended up dead rather than immortalized on all their desktop wallpapers! So grateful to be born free of such a culture!

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

hmmm
some patristic swine kills his stepsisters and stepmother?
to "restore the family's "honor" ?

call me cynical,

but methinks it's inheritance that was restored here

restored into the pockets of a follower of the Profit and not the Prophet .

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by centhwevir1979

It is irrelevant because there are bad people everywhere. However the brother will likely not be punished due to the honor killings being legal.
Some tidbits from the news reports-

About a thousand so-called honour killings take place in Pakistan every year, say women’s rights group the Aurat Foundation.

Check out all the latest News, Sport & Celeb gossip at Mirror.co.uk www.mirror.co.uk...

Last year four women are believed to have been killed by tribal elders for dancing and singing with men at a wedding party in the remote north-western village of Kohistan in Pakistan.

A tribal council of clerics – known as a Jirga – reportedly condemned the women to death for ‘fornication’ and staining their families’ names.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... -honour.html#ixzz2XlG4BBqx
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Well, dancing in the rain is pretty dishonorable.

Can't say I have ever dishonored my family or myself in this way.

I'd say target practice of rain dancers is a bit over the edge though.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Things like this infuriate me! There is no excuse for this inhumane behavior. This crap has to stop! How can they be so barbaric?
Of course, you're right. And, no, contrary to some posters' beliefs, this is not common to all humanity in it's frequency and extent.

I hear your frustration in "This crap has to stop!" Any suggestions? I think the world has asked them to stop, has told them that it's really not a good way to behave, but they don't seem to be listening. What now?

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

What kind of subhuman people do this? Restores family honor by shooting step mother and step sisters? Please help me understand why we give this country any kind of aid or assistance? How is there any honor in killing women and children in cold blood?

I agree, in addition why do we even have soldiers stationed in these countries? They're all barbaric, and treat their women like slaves! The U.S. will never change their violent ideology, so why sacrifice our men and women for nothing? They simply don't value life. Now we want to help support and arm Syria rebels who are just as barbaric and who also have ties with Al-Qaeda?

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

The fact that they were Pakistani is irrelevant. Just recently here in Milwaukee a father argued with the mother of his child and to spite her killed their daughter, then himself. Scum is scum and another way to spell it is h-u-m-a-n.

It's not irrelevant. It is directly due to a cultural attitude of women as nothing more than property in such areas, and this view set the stage for a family member to nonchalantly order the killing of other family members he saw only as blemishes on "the family honor". It most certainly is relevant. Without this mindset, these women wouldn't be dead.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

I agree, in addition why do we even have soldiers stationed in these countries? They're all barbaric, and treat their women like slaves! The U.S. will never change their violent ideology, so why sacrifice our men and women for nothing? They simply don't value life. Now we want to help support and arm Syria rebels who are just as barbaric and who also have ties with Al-Qaeda?

The answer is simple. The government's primary duty is to defend the value of it's currency. So, when you have leaders threatening to go away from the dollar as a reserve currency, which in turn deflates the value of the dollar (because the value of ANY currency is always the FAITH in the stability of that currency), then you take out that threat. In Syria, we have a ruthless dictator and rebels who are terrorists. I surmise the dictator has made moves to switch his nation's reserves, so we side with the rebels, even if they are terrorists. It is the ONLY reason I can see for us being in Syria, and the ONLY reason that makes any sense for choosing the rebel side. Other than this, there simply is no US reason for it.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

How can children dancing in the rain bring dishonor?

Good question. The answer is in the article though....

The group of clerics, called a Jirga, condemned the women to death after decreeing they had stained their families’ names by “fornication.”

Under strict Sharia law, men and women are not allowed to dance together.

However, it is always the woman, not the man, who is punished.

They danced with men at a wedding. Worse, there are THOUSANDS of such killings each year (honor killings of women).

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It is so horrible to hear of such things that go on in this world.
Women and children die everyday in this world because of various belief systems...religious/political/laws, also because of wars and spousal abuse and such. When will this madness end?

I have heard of such horrors...a little boy in Utah was beaten for 2 weeks by his mothers boyfriend and then left to die alone, like a dog while they ran off to Vegas to marry. They found him dead and dismembered him and buried him. Luckily, police were suspiscious of their "gone missing" story and found the poor lil tykes grave. A little 4 yr. old girl locally here, was beaten with a 2 by 4 and sent into a coma on Xmas Eve and died Xmas day...Her parents did it. She died holding a teddy bear the nurses had put in bed with her poor, battered body.

What's the deal? What is wrong...where is mans Humanity? Einstein was right..."Mans technology has far exceeded his humanity". We can kill women. children. elders, in war. We constantly invent bigger and better weapons of destruction. ALL countries are guilty in some fashion relevant to all the bloodshed of innocents. We can spend more on Military than on any other circumstance...why is that? We continue to support all kinds of foriegn countries so that they can kill. We can invent new and "novel" ways to kill constantly, yet, we cannot spend on ways to stop such things. We are like the medical profession at times...we can use death and destruction as a bandaid the same as a doctor often uses a bandaid, but never try and cure the symptom..or .figure out the root causes and try and fix them.

As Gazrok has mentioned, it has a lot to do with currency....money...greed...corporations. The Military/Industrial Complex. Yes, Muslims kill...Israelis kill...we kill. No one gets a free pass relevant to responsibilty...Many factions are at fault. Many religions and races and countries and governments are responsible. It all needs to stop! It is all just too much and if we do not solve this bent toward killing...especially of innocents, this world/planet will self destruct...we will end up killing ourselves and killing any shred of decency and humanity left in this world.

edit on 2-7-2013 by shrevegal because: spelling error

edit on 2-7-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.

edit on 2-7-2013 by shrevegal because: added a thought to finish sentence.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

It's not irrelevant. It is directly due to a cultural attitude of women as nothing more than property in such areas, and this view set the stage for a family member to nonchalantly order the killing of other family members he saw only as blemishes on "the family honor". It most certainly is relevant. Without this mindset, these women wouldn't be dead.

Well, we like to think we're so much better here in Uncle Sam's land, but we treat out animals, pets and food alike, just like these Pakistani men we're condemning.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

You're comparing animals to people? Talk about apples and oranges.

I'm an animal lover too (Lord knows I have enough of them on the ranch), but not really an equal comparison here. These are human beings they treated as property, to be thrown away when inconvenient.

At least most of the cruelty you are likely talking about is about food production. The treatment these girls got is simply barbaric and inhuman.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Chances are this is not because they were "dancing".. this is highly probably, the mother and the step sisters are the side family.. and this "stepbrother" doesn't want them in his way of anything family, like will and other crap.

Even in ultra conservative town they not going shoot and kill someone for dancing.

This is much more than that.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

You're comparing animals to people? Talk about apples and oranges.

I'm an animal lover too (Lord knows I have enough of them on the ranch), but not really an equal comparison here.

Consider the fact that Tibetan Buddhists believe that every living animal will be a human in a future life and that we use to exist as animals. Apples and oranges? Do you subscribe to the baffling notion that animals have no souls or spirits?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

No, but I DO subscribe to the fact that life needs to feed off the dead to survive. Whether a tiny sapling, or a human being, without consuming that which was alive, you will cease to be. I didn't design the system, so don't blame me. (and it's really straying from the topic, which involves how these girls were treated as human beings)....

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

My point was that as soon as you say "This life is more important than another form" you open the door for this type of abuse. The men see the women as subhuman creatures, just as in our western society we look down upon the homeless (homeless are routinely abused in the US, sometimes by suburban punks, sometimes by the police.) What I've said is simply that I'm inspired by Buddhist teachings and view all the lifeforms as equally important and necessary, thus ensuring that I will never commit the type of abuse being discussed, whether it be against a female of my species or a lowly stray dog.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join