It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse Slaughterhouse Approved by USDA to Produce Meat for Human Consumption

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I am a meat lover and wouldn't mind trying horse meat. Might have to add some bacon and cheese to it. I know some people don't like the idea of eating what some consider a pet, but each individual is entitled to choose what food they desire to eat.

Peace

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Watching it be slaughtered is no different from hunting and cleaning your own food. People do it every day all over the place.

If not for hunting I would have had little to eat as a child. I have eaten rabbit, squirrel, deer, raccoon, frog, turtle, dove, rattle snake, quail, turkey (the wild type not store bought). We raised and slaughtered our own cows, chickens and pigs.

As an adult I have bought and eaten shark, alligator, and buffalo.

Meat is meat. As long as it tastes good seeing it be killed a quick death does not bother me.

For the record I am against horse racing, dog racing, and animal fighting for sport. I also do not like seeing animals kept for entertainment like in circuses either. Just because I eat meat and love it does not mean I wish cruel things on the animal.

I have eaten a lot of those little meat on a stick when I was in NY. I cannot say what the meat was but it tasted great. Be it horse, or what ever I will eat it.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Well bacon makes everything better.

Bacon is the best food ever.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
1. fast food has drive thrus because they can produce the "food" fast enough to warrant it. Most other establishments wouldn't have a chance. How would you pay the bills when you processed 1 order at a time every 20 minutes? It just ain't feasible.

2013 isn't the time for that in my opinion, by this day we should have processes and equipment put in place that would enough the Subway chain to make profit from drive thrus. To make an establishment with sandwiches and fruit drinks that can produce quickly can be done.

2. American's don't eat horse because horse was too valuable in our very expansive country. You can blame Manifest Destiny for not eating horses in the US.

If you take pride in such trivial, silly things, you really should evaluate your ego.

Lol people who take pride like to elevate their ego, pretty much for the last 5,000 years, or maybe those people just needed a drink. This thread is about Americans who do eat horse so I'm not sure where you are getting at.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Hrm, horse meat.
I'd eat it. Many people keep cows, pigs, ducks, sheep, goats, chickens as pets, and they're staple meats worldwide. Many other places eat what we consider pets & not food ever, like horses, rats, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, turtles, etc. If it's able to be cooked, it's food to me. Just because a cultural taboo here says "we can't eat this animal EVAH" doesn't make it set in stone. Now, I certainly look at my cats & think "Nope, not going to eat you." And that's all fine & well, I don't have them to rear for food, I have them to be companions in the family. It's a totally different thing from raising animals as livestock to EAT. People have a really difficult time with this concept in the US it seems.

Wonder if I'm going to see horse cuts in the cooler near the buffalo, bison & other "exotic" meat? Not that I can actually afford buffalo & such (too pricy for us) but I'd consider horse if it was priced reasonably enough.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It will be pretty hard to get food if all 7 billion humans were only eating what was grown at a few farms. The factories have all of the animals bunched together, and all of that meat can be used and sold. If we replaced that with just farms growing natural vegetables or fruits it'll be much less food compared to the animal meat.

I think you need to read up on this a bit. The resources put forth to feed those animals if replaced by directly eatable food for humans would increase the worlds supply by a huge amount of food.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by DYepes

Animals are on this Earth to be eaten

You are an animal...you know this right?

Yes, and as I also stated during your cherry picking of my writings, many humans have been eaten by animals, and continue to be eaten to this day. There is probably an individual somewhere on planet Earth as you read this who is being consumed by another of Earth's predators. It could be a giant crocodile on the Nile, piranhas in the Amazon, a hyena on the Serengeti, a bear or wolves in the Tundra of North America, Lions on the Sahara, or a Hippo in the Congo. Hell even a bull shark has attacked and consumed human flesh in the heartland of America.

Thanks to firearms and ranged weapons, we do not fall prey often to the animals of this Earth. Remember that it has not always been so. A pack of stray dogs will attack you if they are hungry and you are alone with no means of defense. Do not remain so naïve to believe every Animal on Earth is not fair game to every other carnivore on Earth. Your body is merely a vessel of meat for the electrical synapses in your brain.

And to all the vegetarians on a mission (not you vegetarians who just do what you do and mind your own business and dietary habits and don't attempt to shove it down the throats of the general public), when you live to the ripe old age of 80-100, try to realize you will likely not be surrounded by fellow vegetarians during your day to day at the point of your life. So to say we are eating ourselves to an early grave is really being obnoxious and self righteous, and plain out incorrect.

My grandma is already past 80, and loves her prime rib and chicken soup. Oddly enough, I have never met a vegetarian as old a my grandmother. I am sure there are a few out there though, I just have not met them myself.

And for the record, I would absolutely eat dog if it were on a menu in America and I know it was raised on a proper diet, hopefully not corn based. As I never plan to leave America to travel to Not America, I will likely never come across one such menu.
edit on 7/2/2013 by DYepes because: (no reason given)

Couldn't really cherry pick, couldn't find a cherry!

As to the amount of humans being "eaten" by non-human animals..LOL!

I could care less about your long life span, I care about the suffering and cruelty created by the need to barbarously feed our stupid human faces!
edit on 2-7-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

Watching it be slaughtered is no different from hunting and cleaning your own food. People do it every day all over the place.

If not for hunting I would have had little to eat as a child. I have eaten rabbit, squirrel, deer, raccoon, frog, turtle, dove, rattle snake, quail, turkey (the wild type not store bought). We raised and slaughtered our own cows, chickens and pigs.

As an adult I have bought and eaten shark, alligator, and buffalo.

Meat is meat. As long as it tastes good seeing it be killed a quick death does not bother me.

For the record I am against horse racing, dog racing, and animal fighting for sport. I also do not like seeing animals kept for entertainment like in circuses either. Just because I eat meat and love it does not mean I wish cruel things on the animal.

I have eaten a lot of those little meat on a stick when I was in NY. I cannot say what the meat was but it tasted great. Be it horse, or what ever I will eat it.

Raist

I doubt very much that the process of Animals for food is quick and painless, if you care about all those other animal abuses, look into this.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I won't eat what I consider pets or things that have of equal intelligence/self awareness (such as dolphins, Whales, Elephants and Apes) on principle...however, put starvation into the equasion and I will eat what I must.

Horses fall in both the pets and self awareness category.

Everything else is fair game.

Science leaders have reached a critical consensus: Humans are not the only conscious beings; other animals, specifically mammals and birds, are indeed conscious, too. - See more at:

www.earthintransition.org...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

So you just ignore the fact that watching an animal be slaughtered is not that bad considering a large number of people hunt for or raise their own food. I added that I am against ill treatment of animals, I know there are food animals that are treated badly. We have video proof of this and they are trying to make such videoing illegal.

I never said animals do not get treated badly. Hell you have people who torture animals simply for their enjoyment. There is a whole deranged culture devoted to this. I do not need to look into it when I know it to be fact.

Because someone mistreats animals does not mean I am not going to eat meat myself. We work to get rid of animal abuse. If I go out and kill a deer to eat and it dies a fast death am I to just let it lay there because someone in the world is picking up cattle and shoving them around with a forklift?

I really do not understand the point of pointing out that there is animal abuse. Unless you are trying to make yourself seem superior for having such knowledge and not eating meat? If that is not the case then please explain the point out pointing out that there is animal abuse within the food industry.

Raist

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz with plants not everything dies, Tell that to the onion that gets pulled from the earth to eat.

When the onion plant head comes to seed the onion below dies.
The onions are harvested instead of rotting in the ground.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Something to consider as it relates to plants and consciousness:

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz with plants not everything dies, Tell that to the onion that gets pulled from the earth to eat.

"rotting int he ground" is part of the life cycle. That rotting plant matter is what helps the seeds that fall around it sprout and grow.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

I actually put a thread up using that exact site..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by greyer

1. fast food has drive thrus because they can produce the "food" fast enough to warrant it. Most other establishments wouldn't have a chance. How would you pay the bills when you processed 1 order at a time every 20 minutes? It just ain't feasible.

2013 isn't the time for that in my opinion, by this day we should have processes and equipment put in place that would enough the Subway chain to make profit from drive thrus. To make an establishment with sandwiches and fruit drinks that can produce quickly can be done.

2. American's don't eat horse because horse was too valuable in our very expansive country. You can blame Manifest Destiny for not eating horses in the US.

If you take pride in such trivial, silly things, you really should evaluate your ego.

Lol people who take pride like to elevate their ego, pretty much for the last 5,000 years, or maybe those people just needed a drink. This thread is about Americans who do eat horse so I'm not sure where you are getting at.

Our subway has a drive through. Most fast food places now offer a variety non meat meals. I have never come across a place I cannot find something good and non meat to eat.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist

So you just ignore the fact that watching an animal be slaughtered is not that bad considering a large number of people hunt for or raise their own food. I added that I am against ill treatment of animals, I know there are food animals that are treated badly. We have video proof of this and they are trying to make such videoing illegal.

I never said animals do not get treated badly. Hell you have people who torture animals simply for their enjoyment. There is a whole deranged culture devoted to this. I do not need to look into it when I know it to be fact.

Because someone mistreats animals does not mean I am not going to eat meat myself. We work to get rid of animal abuse. If I go out and kill a deer to eat and it dies a fast death am I to just let it lay there because someone in the world is picking up cattle and shoving them around with a forklift?

I really do not understand the point of pointing out that there is animal abuse. Unless you are trying to make yourself seem superior for having such knowledge and not eating meat? If that is not the case then please explain the point out pointing out that there is animal abuse within the food industry.

Raist

I am pointing out that participating in the process in anyway makes a person a part of that process. Also if you will take a look at the hunting you will find that nearly as many animals suffer and die of wounds in the woods by hunters that did not get a clean shot with bullet or arrows as are take clean kill.

having knowledge that something is abusive and taking part in it is what? Right?

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   

"rotting int he ground" is part of the life cycle. That rotting plant matter is what helps the seeds that fall around it sprout and grow.

You were speaking of killing...if you want to speak of everything rotting eventually for the earth to thrive that is a totally different subject.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Lets try this again. a lion (or other terrestrial or marine apex predator) is not going to politely ask you to remain calm while it attempts to put you down in a painless process to reduce your suffering. You will be torn apart piece by piece and will likely feel the agonizing process with every sinking of the teeth and pull of your flesh. Humans at least go out of the way to pass legislation to ensure most of our livestock is put down quickly and not in a cruel way. Now unfortunately seeing as the food production and processing for livestock is often(but not frequently) staffed by low IQ hicks and illegal immigrants who don't speak English, you will occasionally have individuals who enjoy bird stomping. A price I have no problem accepting though

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

You were speaking of killing...if you want to speak of everything rotting eventually for the earth to thrive that is a totally different subject.

But you brought up the rotting. you are saying that we save that plant from rotting in the earth by harvesting it for food. That its progeny are allowed to live, but once it makes progeny we harvest it.

Rotting was not a word I brought into the conversation. At the end of the day, you are killing an onion to eat it. The other option would be to harvest an onion that is already dead, which means it has started to rot and is inedible.

posted on Jul, 2 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

have you read what Ingo Swann did while at SRI? It would be very similar to your thread.

I will have to read it this evening. Very interesting....but not i have to run errands and pay bills.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join