It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Premise of Healthy Values

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

The "I" would be a quantum particle or quantum field.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

The "I" would be a quantum particle or quantum field.

That's a theory, one that even scietists are still trying to figure out. So are you saying the 'I' is just a theory? That's the same as saying 'I don't know but I have an idea'.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Well, I dunno, I think the I is real, scientists think it's a theory. In fact, I'm fairly certain that a lot of the ones in power deny that I exists at all.

I am also fairly certain that I do exist and I would like to prove it one day to solve this whole pseudo-science of psychology that needs to upgrade from alchemy to chemistry :-)

I'm not complaining - it has to start somewhere.
edit on 4-7-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Well, I dunno, I think the I is real, scientists think it's a theory. In fact, I'm fairly certain that a lot of the ones in power deny that I exists at all.

I am also fairly certain that I do exist and I would like to prove it one day to solve this whole pseudo-science of psychology that needs to upgrade from alchemy to chemistry :-)

I'm not complaining - it has to start somewhere.

Its not a matter of 'I' existing, it's the definition of 'I' I'm referring to. If you do not know what 'I' is, then saying 'I have free will' is meaningless.

If you do not know what 'I' is, then you can not say what it has or what it hasn't. That's all I'm saying.
edit on 5-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

That's true, and I think we can get there eventually, but at the moment I believe that almost all of psychiatry research is behavioral and the "I" or "experience" is not studied / understood - and not easily measurable.

There was a point in time when a psychiatrist either in the late 1800's or early 1900's discovered that although the "I" could not be measured, behavior could be -

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   

That's true, and I think we can get there eventually, but at the moment I believe that almost all of psychiatry research is behavioral and the "I" or "experience" is not studied / understood - and not easily measurable.

There was a point in time when a psychiatrist either in the late 1800's or early 1900's discovered that although the "I" could not be measured, behavior could be -

Yes but there are even earlier people who discovered the 'I' which is before the thought. The 'I' from which thought itself arrises. That 'I' VASTLY BIGGER than thought itself. But their science is still seen as Unorthodox.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join