It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC Mayor: Police stop minorities too little

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Okay, Bloomberg is just oblivious of who he angers. That has to be it. I first thought it was a personal thing against conservatives but as I've started to look past the right/left paradigm within those levels where the people up there sure don't follow it, I see more things like this.

Still, in a world of BAD BAD things to say for political intelligence, left alone accurate presentation of facts? This takes some records.

NEW YORK (AP) — Mayor Michael Bloomberg's remark that police "disproportionately stop whites too much and minorities too little," as compared with murder suspects' descriptions, is prompting criticism from police reform advocates and some mayoral candidates

Eighty-seven percent of the hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers stopped, questioned and sometimes frisked in recent years were black or Hispanic. These groups comprise 54 percent of the city population.
Source

Now Bloomers mentions that the description rate for suspects of killings is 90% black. Although, I can't help but notice the obvious argument is made next. The majority of Stop and Frisk or random stopping which profiling tends to question is not based on case by case hunting with homicide cases in mind. Stop and Frisk alone has been quite a scandal there for the cops stopping to search by personal whim and hunch, essentially.

I have to say though, this might take at least a cupcake for one of the most poorly considered statements by a high profile politician this year. Oh dear.... He really needs some advisers and not just 'Yes men'.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Blloomberg keeps saying idiotic stuff like that Weiner just maybe the next NYC mayor.

Second verse same as the first.
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

A 1%'er with a nanny complex or a Wimpy Wiener? I pity New York some days.

Perhaps they'll find the Stay Puft Marshmallow man behind door three? Hey, at least the guy had a purpose and got past obstruction, right?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Blloomberg keeps saying idiotic stuff like that Weiner just maybe the next NYC mayor.

Second verse same as the first.
edit on 28-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Weiner? Hell, at the rate Bloomberg is going if I were a New Yorker I'd settle for the "Rent's too damned high" guy.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm sure glad I don't live their.

Has the Mayor not been taking his medication of late?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Bloomberg is turning into a senile old man

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   

tut tut.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You know, there's only one reason this keeps happening.

It seems that being wrong, isn't a bad thing anymore. If you're a public figure in America, you can just say, whatever you want, and nobody is actually going to make you responsible for what you said, if it can be factually shown to be false.

Over and over again we see people who open their mouths, regarding things they know little to nothing about, or in this case should know a lot about and we let it slide. I swear there needs to be some new mechanism that calls political figures into a room on live TV and MAKES them answer for their idiocy.

At least here in Canada we have Question Period, where the leaders of major parties have to face each other and answer questions directly. Sure you can still deflect, but it makes sure they don't have all day to pre-plan a speech or some nonsense like that.

US Political Madness is right.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It seems that being wrong, isn't a bad thing anymore. If you're a public figure in America, you can just say, whatever you want, and nobody is actually going to make you responsible for what you said, if it can be factually shown to be false.

That's the damn truth, and all we do is rinse and repeat it.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Bloomie had coerced his third term by bending the rules to suit him.

As this is his last term, I can see why he is the “Mayor Gone Wild”.

The answer is simple: He does not care anymore.

What happens to him simply does not matter. He can no longer be the mayor for another term, so I think he is just having fun by seeing how far he can take things before he receives some major resistance. Push the envelope as far as it can go.

He seems to be trying to put laws in place that nobody in their 1st term would ever have the guts to do. He wants to place them into law before he leaves as a "gift" for the next mayor.

The laws are all stupid - everything from the large sugary drinks to now ticketing bicyclists as a new source of revenue. (It's new because the city started allowing for a mass-bicycle exchange funded by Citibank, and there are new bikers out there that don't know the bike laws. It's a new income stream for the city. I think they said on the radio that bicycle ticket revenue increased by 80% over a few months ago before the bike-share program started.)

While I will never agree with it, what he is doing makes perfect sense – if your 8 years old. He is not behaving like a rational adult. I think he may have mental illness. (No gun for him!!!)

"I can't be mayor again, so I will try to do all the stuff that nobody else has the guts to do - no matter how stupid or illegal or irrational my laws may be." He has the police commissioner as his fellow puppet. NYPD commissioner agrees with the mayor on everything – and vice-versa. The collusion between them is so blatantly obvious. I can’t believe New Yorkers even accept that.

Bloomie has to go. The sooner the better! (And please take the NYPD Commissioner with you!!)

-E2

edit on 28-6-2013 by EyesII because: I CAN'T SPELL SOMETIMES....

new topics

top topics

join