It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuador snubs US trade 'blackmail' over Snowden, offers human rights training

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Its not bias to say what you see.

It is observation.

an observation blinded by media, news, and corruption.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Corruption is just another word for politics. This is a view I have taken from being observant, from actually going to my local council chambers, and watching what they say, what they do, who they decide for and against. It is a veiw I have developed by watching unedited video of parliamentary processes in the USA, the UK, and other countries around the world.

I am not fool, and only a fool would allow a television network to convince him of anything worth knowing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

My original point has been unaddressed, you say America has made blind decisions. Im saying that is untrue, and you are giving them less credit than they deserve. They are very good at there job and have been for a long time, its a shame there job is conquest and murder.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

That's genius.

Well done Ecuador, well done.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Todzer
A little insight into why Ecuador will not help the states with snowden.
So Ecuador actually convict their bankers of fraud, I am loving these guys more and more
Interesting, but what if the US offered to turn over the bankers Ecuador seeks, in exchange for Ecuador turning over Snowden?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

That's the thing, looks very suspect. For Snowdens sake I hope not.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Now that would sure put anything Ecuador has done so far in a very different light................wouldnt it......
I think with the human rights taunt they pretty well have to stick to letting Snowden stay there now.....

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby
It's quite ironic that Ecuador is trying to portray itsself as the bastion of free speech. Human rights watch obviously don't think the same way...

Human Rights in Ecuador

I'm well aware of that mate, that's why I put "I know Ecuador has it's own internal problems" in the OP.

It's disappointing because apart from that it seems like a real nice country

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
if a pipe gets outlawed in florida and puts a lot of people out of their jobs thats violation of human rights
if people go to jail for smoking a plant,thats a violation of human rights

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by TrueBrit

My original point has been unaddressed, you say America has made blind decisions. Im saying that is untrue, and you are giving them less credit than they deserve. They are very good at there job and have been for a long time, its a shame there job is conquest and murder.

I agree completely. Don't think for a second that those in power are ignorant, creating half-baked concoctions and fumbling around. What you see today has been carefully orchestrated for centuries, and arguably much, much longer.

If you laughed at Bush for his idiocy at times... planned. If you felt hope and the opportunity of change with Obama... planned. There are minor setbacks and deviations to the plan, of course, but nothing even close to getting out of hand from what they planned/planning.
edit on 28-6-2013 by astronomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Todzer

Oh that hurts, doesn't it?? What CAN the US Government say to that one?? A bunch of nothing, really. Absolutely, positively nothing. I mean, really, when they've said this:

The U.S. court refused Ecuador's request, saying it is under no obligation to enforce Ecuadorean laws. What's more, Thornton ruled, to allow Ecuador to confiscate property in the U.S. would "signify a substantial deviation from U.S. law and policy."

"The Defendants may have committed the wrongs which Ecuador has alleged," Thornton wrote. "However the manner in which Ecuador has attempted to right the Defendant's alleged wrongs is inconsistent with U.S. law and policy."
Your Link

Why did Obama even bother having a request sent? He should have just called it even in good faith and said the next one we'll expect to see sent back. How can we kick sand in their face with a superior attitude like the above shows on criminals FROM their nation with enormous amounts of money that belongs IN their nation ....then issue some sort of demand when we have a runner WE want back??

Stupidity has consequences...and the US drew first dumb on this I'm afraid.

Ecuador 1 / America 0

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
LOLOL I think this is funny.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
WOW

That has to be the best and sarcastic yet, polite answer and most off all Message i have seen in a long time.
That is going to leave a mark and i am not just saying that.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar111
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

I take any comment offensive that says We as a Americans see ourselves as being superior. Honestly.... That is a joke and nothing more then propaganda bull#. Considering Americans are from just about every single country on earth. Yea My government has screwed the pooch. We will pay the price most likely with our blood and not yours.

However history shows that any country who has held super power dominance has done the same thing. From France to Britain to Spain, Germany,Russia, Egypt,Alexandria all previous world powers showed clear signs of wanting world dominance.

I'm glad Ecuador told the U.S. Government to hell with you. The way they worded it was a nice touch as well by saying they will fund human rights.that is pretty much saying to the american public that we do not hate you just your government.

So , basically you are saying it is alright and at the same time admit that it is not alright and then claim it to be alright again because others have done it in the past.

Strange behaviour that.
You are truly justifying a wrong by pointing at other wrongs, puzzling really
It's like elementary school all over.

No wonder nothing ever really changes.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Can back this up as it is mention here:
www.bbc.co.uk...

Ecuadors response is down the botton of that artical.
edit on 28-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

I love how the US government is called out on the hypocracy of it all by China. I am happy to see Equador not give in to threats. Human rights training - at least a refresher on the issue for governments that are supposed to be the model of what a free country looks like. That doesn't include spying on citizens that can potentially end in witch hunts or overriding the parts of the constitution they see fit. I sure wish I had gone to law school because I would like to know if its at minimum an ethical violation to write laws that conflict with the constitution.

I couldn't copy and paste an aricle in the guardian yesterday but Obama was back peddling as always by saying...we're not going to give so much attention or energy to a 29 year old hacker (paraphrased). Is he not aware how much he contradicts himself and how fragmented this administration looks?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   
ZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIING!

Oh man, this is beautiful. In my mind Snowden is a hero. A real patriot. Not only did he expose his corrupt government organization role in the violation of the personal security of its citizens but he made his government spill their hand and really show its ugly side in the ways in which they tried to get him back and prosecute him for exposing THEIR wrongdoings. And you know what makes me really uneasy?, for every Snowden who would blow the whistle on this type of thing, theres 10,000 other employees of the NSA who would happily watch our government screw us over one thing at a time and never say a word!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

The US lost its way when it started wars without thinking it through, under the administration of the only functionally mentally disabled person ever to be elected as a leader of a nation. What the US is doing now, is finding a way to navigate the dark holes it has dug for itself and its allies over the last decade and a bit, figuring out how to move around in the depths to which it has fallen.

Yeah. Because before GW Bush we didn't have the First Gulf War. Or Grenada. Or Vietnam. Or Korea. Or the Phillipines.

I mean, our country certainly could never be accused of having a 100 year long string of tyrants.

And the UK certainly didn't have its leader licking the hand of that mentally retarded president you refer to.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That's genius.

Well done Ecuador, well done.

~Tenth

Agreed. The snub itself would have done the trick. But the throwing salt in the wound? Exquisite. I for one would support that acceptance of that 23mil for human rights training. Start spending it in Washington. Then spend the rest in the state governments.

But who are we kidding? That money would barely buy the flap hinge for the wing of one of our nifty, swank fighter jets.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's a brave new world. I hope other nations catch on to thumbing their nose at America like this. If more nations did this America's posture would deflate like a balloon.

Like when everyone suddenly laughs at the bully, the bully evaporates. Love the back and forth thats been going on in the court of world opinion since Snowden flew out of Honk Kong, landed in Russia and announced he wanted asylum in Ecuador.

Too funny. Keep dishing it up. America is eating a big turd sandwich right now.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I sure wish I had gone to law school because I would like to know if its at minimum an ethical violation to write laws that conflict with the constitution.

If legislation is passed that is contradictory to the constitution then it would be challenged in the Supreme Court. The SC decision would then determine if the legislation is valid.

Or something like that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join