It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does It Hurt To Turn 50 years old?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FreeFalling

You need to get a guard net for your trampoline...thanks for the b=day wish...

and may your tailbone feel better soon!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by guohua

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Happy birthday, and I hope not! Just a couple till I hit that stage myself! At any rate, pain or no pain, it beats the alternative.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Happy Birthday shells4u, I got a birthday comin up in a few days too...almost born on the 4th of July. Anyhow, nah, it dosen't hurt. In my mind, I feel like a spring chicken even if I am an old bird.
I've been living life to the fullest so for the most part, it has been a blast and still is.
Granted, the blast is a more like a "sparkeler" but it can still be fun....just differnet kinds a fun. I've had MS since 40 and that hurts but that's not caused from old age and I don't even let that stop me mostly. Hubby and I just built a new screened in porch this week in the intense Louisiana heat and we did o.k. with it.

It seems to be mostly a matter of attitude and perspective. I don't think much like an old lady even tho pushin 80 and that keeps me young. I'd rather be planting daisies than pushin em up anyday.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Now come on now ! You remember puberty right ? Just be glad you never have to face those zits in the
mirror again. Happy happy !

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
And a very happy birthday to you Shells.

I hit the ripe old age of 47 yesterday and boy did it hurt this morning (especially my head) as i was on work deplacement with a colleague and we celebrated my birthday over a couple of good whiskies in the hotel bar!

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Firstly a very happy birthday to you Shells
And it's good to know that in 29 years I'll be fine

Cody

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

You just too cute lady...I always enjoy your posts around these parts...thanx for the well wishes!!!

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Rodinus

Thanx for the b-day wishes and heres a cheers to us!!!

edit on (6/28/1313 by shells4u because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

CODY...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

RANDY...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

LADY GREEN EYES...

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

I turned 50 in April. Remember the movie "Logan's Run"?

Happy Birthday.

Watched it last month again

along with The Warriors

I was feeling a tad nostalgic,

Cody

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Thanks so much. Beware of trampolines and 50.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Yay! Welcome to the 50's and not hurting on your b-day!

My mom used to say that she was ok up until her 50s, then that decade brought on aches and pains. I used to work with a woman who had been athletic all her life. Then she started to have knee pain and found it harder to get out of bed in the morning and even walk. She put off going to the doctor, as she dreaded facing knee surgery.

She finally went, had tests done, and returned, finding it even difficult to get up onto the examining table. Her doctor walks in, says, "The tests show there is nothing wrong with your knees. How old are you?" (note he said the last part rhetorically). Oh, oh, she realized that being 55 was the problem and normal. She then just got down from the table, walked away feeling better, and adjusted for the fact that she was fine, just older.

Well, shells, you and I will only share the 50s for a few more weeks, when I will then enter my 60s. I tell you, though, I really enjoyed my 50s. At 53 I severely fractured my arm in a quad accident but was fortunate to heal without surgery; that's when I found ATS, because I had to keep my arm immobile for a few weeks and decided to pass the time online.

At 55 I found out that the local tribe considered 55 to be the age of being an elder, having wisdom and earned respect. Neat! And then I started getting senior discounts for a lot of things. Sweet!

I did join AARP, but I threw away the funeral home advertising. And I finally got a hearing aide ad in the mail recently, but that one immediately got tossed, too.

I will admit, that recently I have been wanting to shout, "Get off my lawn!", but I figure I will save that for a later time. I have to keep moving and keep in shape, because I have to keep up with my rv friends who still ride their quads at 70s and 80s.

posted on Jul, 1 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Hi again...gave it some more thought...yeah, turning 50 can hurt a little now that I think about it...especially when ya walk into the Docs office for a check up and he realizes you're an old fart...all of a sudden, out come the proctoscopes and endoscopes and barium enemas and vaginal exams and every other orifice invading invasive test they can think of...yeah, some of those tests do cause "ouchies".
To say nothing of the prostrate exam that hubby biotches about.

Old age can suck when the medicos start with all of that stuff. They give new meaning to the "rectal probe" dealys...at least the aliens make ya forget about it all until the hypno guy hypnotizes ya and makes ya remember.

They can "stuff' all of that dealy...I'm pushin 80 and didn't need my "stuff" looked at yet so, kinda too old for that now, to my way of thinkin.
We all gotta go sometime.

After you turn 50, you sometimes have involuntary "wind" escape just from bending down to reach for stuff at the check out line...I usually look at hubby so as he gets the blame.
Of course, the amount of spicy stuff he eats..he gives new meaning to the saying, "Old fart" anyhow.
Yeah, turning 50 can hurt....yer pride if nothing else.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join