It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does It Hurt To Turn 50 years old?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
This is just a personal thread about how it feels to turn 50 years old...I went to bed last night and I was feeling a little achy and sore in my joints but nothing a couple asprins could not fix, it was raining yesterday so I contribute the pain to the weather...I woke up this morning at the brand new age of 50 and the sun was out body felt rested and no pain...So it does not hurt (much) turning 50...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Happy Birthday!!!

I'm glad to know it doesn't hurt, I've got 3 years to go!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u
This is just a personal thread about how it feels to turn 50 years old...I went to bed last night and I was feeling a little achy and sore in my joints but nothing a couple asprins could not fix, it was raining yesterday so I contribute the pain to the weather...I woke up this morning at the brand new age of 50 and the sun was out body felt rested and no pain...So it does not hurt (much) turning 50...

Oo No less than 2 hours ago I said to myself, "in just over 8 years I'll be 50. oO"

And evertyhing hurts now even... so it gets better, then?

Happy bd btw!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by shells4u

It's your golden Jubilee. A Jubilee is 7 years. 7X7 =49 for a golden Jubilee. The year of 50 is a milestone that brings renewal to your life. I know this sounds a bit new age, but the book of Jubilees shows that God's dispensation of intervals with mankind happens in sets of 50.

Genesis 6

6 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

A complete dispensation is 120X50, or 6000 years. Mankind is the microcosm of this plan. When a person reaches 5 sets of 10 years, the last 10 represents the age of wisdom (6th Day is man's creation) and the last 10 rest (7th Day of rest). All the mistakes of your past should not be turned around with wisdom if you reflect back on the last 5 days of your life. The 6th day is when the true man is created. Jubilees are a means of forgiveness in the Bible and a restoration of the land we occupy in life.

That's the way I see it. I have 4 years to go.
edit on 27-6-2013 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by shells4u

So it does not hurt (much) turning 50...

That's reassuring , I will be joining you in 3 months

40 was bad but 50
... I have a feeling the pain won't be physical and may take a while to dull .

link   
reply to post by tvtexan

thanks...just thought i would let folks know so they would not have undue worries...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

All I can truthfully vouch for is the last couple hours I slept in but yes there is no pain as of yet...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by EnochWasRight

nice quotes thanks...your the tops!!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

do not fear it aint so bad...lol...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Happy birthday bub.
ANY DAY is a good day when you wake up. Regardless of your pains.

Have a wonderful bday!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I don't know..I just wanted to tell you...
and have some yummy cheesecake...

Hope you are enjoying your day and continue to enjoy

Happy day to birthdays!!! I love birthdays! They are so fun. Hope yours is fun!

Peace, love and hugs to you friend
-nat the blue eyed cat-

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Relax. The hurt doesn't really start till you get that AARP membership kit in the mail..

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Night Star!!!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by resoe26

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by setibuddies

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shells4u

Nothing wrong with being Fiftyteen.
I'll be there soon.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I look forward to geting to 50, even though I have a quite a while to go, I already gave warning to family , children and loved ones.

At 50 my job is done, so its party time! Yup I will be that older lady at the club, that you know shouldnt be there, but she doesnt give a crap.

Im going to travel, and eat all I want. Drink like a fish, smoke like a chimney, and actually enjoy all the time that I have.

I even plan on getting in some trouble
Flipping the bird and blaming it on age, hey, many of us have lived a life FULL of responsibility, raising kids, cooking doing laundry, working extra shifts, wish we could do other things.

50 for me is a renewal of all I wanted to do

So enjoy yourself, have a wonderful birthday, forget the pain and just realize that 50 is awesome. and pain is but a reminder that its time to go have some fun, its like your personal alarm.

Peace, Love, and Happiness

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Just a bit less than turning 60

But then the wife keep telling me to gro up and act my age

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join