It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tunguska Impact Mystery Solved-- it was a Meteorite

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
An international team of scientists has found meteoric grains in a peat deposit from the time of the Tunguska impact, 1908. this resolves the uncertainty about what sort of object caused the impact. arstechnica.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Ross 54

Hi op

Ive been reading for years on the subject.

Several eye witneses have said
The object changed its directory

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesmart

Even if the object did change trajectory, couldn't a splintered piece of a meteor be seen to change trajectory as it breaks up?

Or are you saying it made sharp-angle turns? Do you have additional info on these eyewitness accounts?

edit on 6/27/2013 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Even if the object did change trajectory, couldn't a splintered piece of a meteor be seen to change trajectory as it breaks up?

Or are you saying it made sharp-angle turns? Do you have additional info on these eyewitness accounts?

Google it and read all reports
Cant say anymore

dave

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

I've read that also, but it is possible that it fractured and shifted direction before exploding. It could have happened more than once.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse

I've read that also, but it is possible that it fractured and shifted direction before exploding. It could have happened more than once.

Maybe

Nowadays the situation with so called "Tunguska meteorite" resembles a pendulum: one group of scientists turns up new (and old too) strong evidence that Tunguska couldn't have been an asteroid made of stone or iron, thus it had to be a comet. But pretty soon, another group of scientists comes up with new (and old too) strong arguments that Tunguska could not have been a comet, thus the only way-out is that it must have been an asteroid. These swings hint that both groups are right and wrong at the same time: Tunguska 1908 was neither an asteroid, nor a comet. And indeed, now I try to demonstrate that it could not have been any known spacebody-fall.

A main reason to attribute the Tunguska to the fall of a meteorite were reports about flying fiery body. Let's look at these 'flying bodies' carefully from our modern knowledge. - Analysis of the most reliable witness's accounts conducted in 1920s and 1930s showed that the Tunguska spacebody flew from the south to the north. But in 1960s a new group of witness's accounts was collected pointing to quite another trajectory: almost from east to west! - Even just in a few days-weeks after the event different time was given by different witnesses, from early morning to the afternoon. Conducted in 1980s statistical analysis revealed that the "afternoon" accounts are not at the edge of statistical dispersion, but form a distinct secondary maximum. So was the duration of the event: from a few minutes to an hour. - Many witness's accounts hardly conformed to the meteorite fall, as a shape and luminosity of flying object reported in many cases does not resemble a bolide, including such strange as darkening of the sky. And there was no any smoke trail at all! - Remarkably that, in the area within 200 km around the epicenter, witnesses did not see any bolide or just even its trail, at least, but they saw flames shooting up, and fire pillars, flashes in the sky and other non-bolide luminosities.
olkhov.narod.ru...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Just because they found asteroid fragments there doesn't necessarily mean that the asteroid was responsible for that event, another event could have left that evidence. Probably a comet fragment or asteroid, it doesn't really matter which it was. I was just trying to explain the change in direction which could be the cause of either of these two hypothesis. According to history, something blew up, I don't think that nukes were created at that time, not even on a top secret government project basis.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:06 PM
link   

From what I read "change direction" seems to be an ambiguous term. It seems eyewitnesses (years after the fact) can't agree on the direction it was flying, but I didn't read any accounts of a witness saying it "changed direction" as he/she watched it.

Again, a tumbling objected caught in the friction of the atmosphere may change direction, especially if it fragments, and different pieces move along slightly different trajectories.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

the pics i seen resemble that of a mid air detonation
Hiroshima.

Op and posts
I digest what i read and i myself think 2 possibles

UFO or
Tesla
Or we will never find out, or
Im insane and need a break

Nonetheless a brilliant subject
cheers all

dave

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Hiroshima....

Well, yeah. the Air burst of the Hiroshima bomb could be similar to an air burst of a meteor or comet -- because they are both air bursts.

Air bursts of meteors are not that uncommon -- and with the explosive force similar to (and more) the force of the bomb at Hiroshima. However, most of those frequent air bursts are up high in the atmosphere and come from relatively small meteors. They are so high that the force of the explosion does not reach the ground in a noticeable way.

The air burst from Tunguska was lower in the atmosphere (and perhaps a from bigger body) therefore did more damage on the ground. It's possible that if it was a bigger meteor, it would survive the trip through the atmosphere longer, and get closer to the ground before the air burst.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
From what I've read about Tunguska 1908, it was believed to be a comet or asteroid that "appeared" 3-6 miles in the earth's atmosphere.

Now here comes the crazy talk, I've seen an intelligently flown IFO that produced an aftereffect that appeared to be a comet at first look.

Until you see what I've seen and a handful of other humans have seen, this will not make any sense to you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

As i said ATS member,
I respect you and every other members contribution. But

I just cannot change my mind.
No concrete evidence has come to light, every witness is dead now.

As i said, Brilliant subject.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

I'm not trying to change your mind and tell you it was DEFINITELY a meteor, however in your post (quoted below), you seem to leave out the possibility that it could have been a meteor. You say the air burst is similar to Hiroshima, therefore you see two possibilities are UFO or a Tesla ship:

Hiroshima.

Op and posts

UFO or
Tesla

I was simply pointing out that a THIRD possibility fits the fact that there was an air burst -- and that third possibility is that it was a meteor or comet. Meteors and comets can cause air bursts similar to Hiroshima.

Why dismiss that possibility, considering it fits the facts?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hya

Im not denying that your theory could be right.
I am saying that in my little mind, the evidence doesn't fit what i have observed.

Soylent, i am not mocking you nor anyone else, Its just that it's one of them subjects
from my childhood that I would desperately love to understand, and having read everything I could
(library yrs ago) I cant fathom that its ???? because none of it makes an impact in my mind.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Lol of course it was a meteorite..... what was the alternative? A spaceship?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   
this has been covered before look up dr valary ulverof ? not sure of spelling of the guys name but he had eye witness accounts .

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Hey, you almost got it right, too bad though that it's preceded with a lol and ends with a smilie.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

I'm not trying to change your mind and tell you it was DEFINITELY a meteor, however in your post (quoted below), you seem to leave out the possibility that it could have been a meteor. You say the air burst is similar to Hiroshima, therefore you see two possibilities are UFO or a Tesla ship:

Hiroshima.

Op and posts

UFO or
Tesla

I was simply pointing out that a THIRD possibility fits the fact that there was an air burst -- and that third possibility is that it was a meteor or comet. Meteors and comets can cause air bursts similar to Hiroshima.

I also think this fits the criteria

Mysterious Tunguska Explosion of 1908 in Siberia may be linked to Tesla's experiments of wireless transmission

www.teslasociety.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Comets are solid silicate minerals, not dirty snowballs. I'm just saying there may be no difference in the grains of dust left over from the explosion.

We can debate if the explosion was caused by an electricity or heat. It was a blast though. The pattern of fallen trees looks just like a blast pattern

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Hiroshima.

Op and posts

UFO or
Tesla

I also think this fits the criteria

Mysterious Tunguska Explosion of 1908 in Siberia may be linked to Tesla's experiments of wireless transmission

www.teslasociety.com...

OK -- so it could have been a UFO, a Tesla experiment, or a meteor.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join