It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Official: Water complaints could be 'act of terrorism'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Complaining about water is act of terrorism

This is getting out of hand.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites
please post one or two paragraphs,
a link to the entire story,
AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subjec
edit on Thu Jun 27 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by darkstar111

It's getting worse.

S & F

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Sounds like this guy needs to find a new job! I can't believe he had the nerve to say making complaints about water quality is an act of terror. WOW

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
So, basically, for 12 years, we've been told, repeatedly: "See something, SAY SOMETHING".

But now, if you say something and its wrong, its an act of terrorism?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Sounds like a misuse of power to me. The guy is trying to use fear and intimidation to suppress public concern. This guy should be removed from his job immediately with no benefits. I hate people that use this tactic myself. The person does not realize that he is a servant of the public and is supposed to use proper methods to deal with the public. I know people that use tactics like this in real life. These people have to be dealt with by making those above them aware of their misdeeds. Not all of our government officials have this attitude, the recording is ample evidence.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I saw this story and I don't understand why the people don't "officially" have the water tested by someone on the outside. I sure would, I doubt it is too expensive.

Or maybe, with the officials claiming "terrorism", they are just trying to pave the way for Nestle to come it and take over the water supply.
Hey, don't want to be labeled a terrorist? Let us control your water, and you can pay us for it.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

“We take water quality very seriously. Very, very seriously,” said Sherwin Smith, deputy director of TDEC’s Division of Water Resources, according to audio recorded by attendees. “But you need to make sure that when you make water quality complaints you have a basis, because federally, if there’s no water quality issues, that can be considered under Homeland Security an act of terrorism.”

This is like looking into a crystal ball and seeing the future of America if We The People don't stand up and put a stop to the government's agenda. Their agenda is to criminalize everything the people do, or find some perverted means to label every American as a dissident, criminal, etc.

Jefferson said that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have slowly and by perverse means transformed it into tyranny.

That is exactly what we are witnessing today in our nation, it is being transformed on a fundamental level into a totalitarian regime that only serves itself, and is slowly making the American citizen subjects under a corrupt and tyrannical rule. Our government was founded on the premise of being held accountable to the people, however the government enacts laws everyday that shields them from repercussion by the people and instead turns the people into criminals for exercising our freedoms and our Constitutionally prescribed power over the government.

Our founding fathers bones are surely polished by now from all the rolling they have done in their graves.

EDIT: I think a good course of action would be for everyone who reads this story to pick up their phone and call this idiots office.

"All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent."~Thomas Jefferson

The longer we sit by and discuss actions such as this moron has shown instead of performing our duty of being the governors of the government, the worse off we will become. I know I will be getting his contact info and calling today to inquire what kind of stupid degree he has.
edit on 27-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
1950's : McCarthyism :: 2000's : 'Terrorism'

This re-heated nonsense has gone too far. Won't be long before we start seeing good, old-fashioned "loyalty review boards" popping back up.

Taken from wikipedia, "Due to Hoover's insistence upon keeping the identity of his informers secret, most subjects of loyalty-security reviews were not allowed to cross-examine or know the identities of those who accused them. In many cases they were not even told what they were accused of...From 1951 to 1955, the FBI operated a secret "Responsibilities Program" that distributed anonymous documents with evidence from FBI files of Communist affiliations on the part of teachers, lawyers, and others. Many people accused in these "blind memoranda" were fired without any further process."

Knock, Knock. Who's there? None of your business, terrorist.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I'm wondering where else something like this has taken place where no one had thought about recording the meeting or public forum.
edit on 27-6-2013 by darkstar111 because: rewording

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm just going to leave this here, yw

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

We take water quality very seriously. Very, very seriously,” said Sherwin Smith, deputy director of TDEC’s Division of Water Resources, according to audio recorded by attendees. “But you need to make sure that when you make water quality complaints you have a basis, because federally, if there’s no water quality issues, that can be considered under Homeland Security an act of terrorism.”

I took my boys fishing this evening and while I was sitting there relaxing I thought a lot about this idiots statement and this is the rebuttal to his statement that I came up with.

"We take the job performance of our elected and appointed officials very seriously. Very, very seriously, but you need to make sure that when you make rules and regulations to silence the constituents that you have a constitutional basis, because constitutionally, if there's no Constitutional grounds for those rules and regulations, that can be considered under the limitations of the Constitution an act of treason."
edit on 27-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So Any complaning or asking to investigate some one in Any goverment agancy.
is a act of terroism?

This is JUST like Russia use't to be.
USA is becoming old russia.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
My dad fought in WWII and stayed active for nearly 37 years until 1979 and shortly before he died several years ago my brothers and I were sitting around talking to him on a camping trip and he said that slowly America has turned into the very thing that so many men died to defeat.

He said the enemies of America had infiltrated our government and turned us into the totalitarian state they were trying to promote in WWII and that before my life was over we would be forced to fight for our freedoms but this time it would be against our own government.

For many years while growing up I thought my dad was nuts and now I know just how smart he was.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Basically, if you complain about the government, the terrorists win."

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   
This is much the same as when Classified Secrets turn out to be nothing more than something that would be embarrassing for someone in the leadership or government and the Secret Classification has nothing to do with National Security, just keeping someone high up from being shown the fool they are. Now the use of calling someone Treasonous and therefor a Terrorist simply because they question someone in government about the quality of job they are doing is an added method for government to squash public outcry.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
These officials are worse than pigs, man. It's so goddamn pathetic I dunno what to say anymore. Fear and intimidation is the golden rule these days. And it's really, really sad.

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   

After reading the article I don't see anywhere that anyone had the water tested. I would think you might want to have some proof that the water was bad otherwise the complaint is hollow.

On the other hand the same would apply to the DEC rep, where are there test to indicate the water is good??

The whole point here is another government entity is threatening people that question it.............its become obvious that a point is being made that if you disagree with anything the government is doing or has control over you may be a terrorist...............just more of the AGENDA coming to the surface.

I have a question, if people won't even hold the DECs feet to the fire for what he said what are people going to do when THEY take this agenda to the next level.........theirs not much left but a "police state" and then its to late..

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Battleline

I sent emails to the director of the Department of Water Resources (or something like that) and their PR staff, asking where samples are tested and by which processes they are tested. You can see my emails (and their responses) in the first thread that was posted on this subject. I'll continue posting their and my responses in that thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The problem is that even with the usual tests, children are still getting sick. One poster in that thread said that the tests only look for bacterias/viruses... but that's rarely a problem because aluminum coagulants are used to kill those forms of life. I think the problem is that methane, chemically available aluminum, herbicides and pesticides (like Roundup!), and car fluids are contaminating the water - and I'm sure that I'm not aware of every possible/likely contaminant. Smaller water treatment facilities usually are not able to deal with these things entirely. If they're only testing the microbiology of the water, they'd be totally missing these things. So when this guy refers to "unfounded" allegations, he's talking about allegations that don't apply to the microbiology of the water.

I don't know whether it's true that they only test for bacteria/viruses, that's why I asked in my email. I'll bet they only test for what they're required to look for by regulation (so that will be a good place for me to look in the meantime; it's the weekend now so I may not get a reply until Monday). Not to mention, it's worth looking into the labs that test the water. You wouldn't trust the FDA to tell you what's safe, why trust that some vague lab is trustworthy without vetting their staff and history?

EDIT: According to the hollow words of the PR staff, Sherwin Smith (the idiot in question) is "sorry" for his misplaced judgment. I asked what was being done to deal with his incompetence... whether he would be replaced, or whether his mental health and integrity were being investigated. I'm not a Tennessee resident, so I can only hold his feet so close to the fire, I'm sure if it comes to it they will use that fact to cut off communication with me.
It's worth noting that his remarks generated enough outrage that the department had to draft a pre-written response to deal with incoming accusations and questions. So initially they are getting trouble for keeping him on-board. Now the key is to never drop the issue until he is dealt with; clearly they think it will blow over. Anyway, you can email or call them yourself (I also posted contact information in the other thread) if you think I've missed anything in my emails or if you just want to air your grievances yourself.

I've asked them multiple times to provide Mr. Smith's contact information or to direct me to somebody else that could; if I can get it, I'll provide it. The guy clearly needs to be heavily reeducated.
edit on 29-6-2013 by Samtzurr because: Comments on Sherwin Smith specifically

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Samtzurr

I live in an area where I test my water about every other year due to Arsenic. The place I send it has a list that just about tests everything imaginable but it gets expensive.

Point being are you the only one concerned about the water or are there others that are willing to chip in (for there kids sake) to have the water tested for everything that you have mentioned and more if need be?

What you are running into here is a government entity that knows a law suit is coming, they don't give a damn about you or your loved ones hence the radical statement about being terrorist.

You sound like you have a handle on it and I wish you luck, fighting a government that is getting more hatful and threatening by the day will be no easy task. I would look for other people in the country that have been through this already, it could save a lot of time and research aside from lending moral support.

I read your update, you are doing good and when you do good against the gov you are a threat, again I wish you luck

edit on 29-6-2013 by Battleline because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Oh the irony.
The use of the word terrorist has itself become an act of fear and intimidation.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join