It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Grandma' has passed on...

page: 1

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I know there are still some here that remember the member 'Grandma', who was my mother. We shared many thoughts and experiences here at ATS. I was not sure the best way to let those that spoke with her and enjoyed sharing ideas with her about her passing.

'Grandma' was so excited when she signed up to ATS and they had a username available for 'Grandma'. She spoke with others about their problems and many spoke with her and said many prayers for her through the years. My mother fought one of the hardest fights for so long, with peace in her heart and a smile on her face. She had several near death experiences, in which we shared her main one here at ATS. It was the main reason she joined ATS so she could speak with people herself about it. To this day I have not heard of another experience such as hers and I cherish being a part of her life and experiences with her.

Mom passed away May 4th, she told me on May 3rd they were waiting for her. Thanks to everyone that prayed for her and spent time with her.

All my best
Lynette

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
My sincere sympathy to you and your family.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thank you for your thoughts, mom and I made alot of great conversations and memories through ATS, its neat that I have all of the posts and conversations to look back to. Some were heated debates about our disagreements, which just the same, I treasure. Pretty neat that I have videos and posts that we made together. Feeling thankful right now to be looking back at some of it today. She was my best friend through life but I still feel her, she is with me, just in a different way. Im thankful too that my family and I had so long to prepare, to know, to tell her how much we loved her...and she had so much time to remind us that she was not afraid, and that she loved us so.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by LeoVirgo

I joined in 2005 and remember her well, she was a well respected member

Her greatest thread

RIP Grandma

My thoughts and heartfelt grief for you and your family

Out of respect I'm going back to my old avatar for tonight

Rest in peace Grandma you will be sorely missed. But Jesus just gained a new best friend

Cody

ETA Forgot that thread had to change it
edit on 26/6/13 by cody599 because: I was crying and misread my preview

edit on 26/6/13 by cody599 because: I was still crying and put the words the wrong way around

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I believe on this page was her first post after joining ATS and sharing some things here herself...its great stuff to read back at things she posted right now. Talking about how she saw her 'gate of heaven' and did not go through it then...but I know she has went through the gates now and had her feast. There was one heck of a party I believe, when she passed on. Finding little things she posted here is like finding little gems she left behind.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Thank you for your kind words

She was such a unique light and so passionate in her faith and love.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My heart and prayers go out to you; I am sorry for your loss.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

I was touched by an angel when I read your mum's words, I was challenged, and made to stop and think.

I will be forever grateful for the privilege of knowing her even to such a lesser extent

Thank you for letting us know your sad news, but now I'm raising a glass to Grandma.

Grandma .......................... To life well lived .................... For unshakeable faith.................. and for your

unique light

Thank you

Cody

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

I never had the opportunity to 'meet' grandma. I haven't read the experience she had yet, but I did read a bit of what she said in that link you had provided. I'm gonna read it. I did start crying when I read what she had wrote about the love she felt when she 'met' Jesus. That's very interesting to me.

Today I am actually really down. And I wanted to say that I am so sorry for your mothers passing. It's been two years since my mom passed on and it still feels like yesterday sometimes. Today is a hard day for me, these days just come out of nowhere, and they hit me hard.

You will be in my prayers friend. Peace and love to you and hugs.
-nat the blue eyed cat-
edit on 26-6-2013 by natalia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Its so strange sometimes, I live life daily, trying to struggle and get by...and then something as little as a experience...brings someone to tears or memories, touches someone in some way, and time seems to stop, even if its just for a moment.

There are things that are important here that are overlooked, and feelings is one of those 'things'.

Our emotions have their own body of empowerment and I have witnessed this many times over. Thank you for sharing your honest feelings, we have habits of covering what is raw and rare. Sometimes its in those moments that a mind changes, that a thought is understood, that a person feels a connection with all that makes them feel so unconnected.

If there is anything I do believe in now...it is that there are no happenstance. Everything happens for a reason, be it personal or personal to someone else and it still then effects us. I believe that anyone here can feel her if they reach for her, same as Jesus, same as any humble soul who has passed. If we seek with a humble heart, they are there, those to comfort us, help us see. Its a beautiful mysterious thing, life, experience, being.

Im sorry for your loss too...I never really knew what it was like to loose someone so close to me...and now I can only describe it as a part of me is gone, never to be reclaimed. A part of me is wrapped up in her memories, her being, her light. Everything that has occurred after her passing...is different. Its like there is a record keeper and now my records are being kept in a different new file. Its so hard to describe. But the file that had 'our' memories and experiences and moments....its not closed..it start another file, in another cabinet, all in its own right.

I really do feel her. Its not just as I wish. She will move through me. A cold feeling, but sobering. Usually when confused, when down...maybe try to be a little aware when all those negative feelings close in on you...Im sure of it, your mother is close by.

My best to you and thank you so for taking the time to read and get to know 'grandma'. She was such a blessing to those that crossed paths with her. She would give her last plate of food to company that was unexpected. She would offer help to those in need when her own life was waiting the simple things we all took for granted. She just had this way about her...many called her mom, many called her grandma.

But I know what you are saying just the same. I try my best to put on this 'ok' face. But depression seems to want to be my best friend. Its hard to fight the feelings that pull us down. Ive been in some very dark moments since her passing. Im hoping it will fade soon enough and just trying to take the sadness in stride but I will confess....it is really hard sometimes. My world has changed so literally, my emotional body feels wounded. I take things day by day, sometimes minute by minute. I felt a surge of positive energy today when I started looking at her posts and our videos...so maybe that is the direction that will help me heal, I dont know.

Thanks for sharing....mothers life always seemed to touch someone, somehow, I hope my sharing does the same, somehow, someway.

My best
LV

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Watch the videos...she describes in her own words meeting Jesus....

And she too would cry every time she would tell that part of her story....

For her, he was her savior...so in my mind, that is what she saw.

I have to remain logical, others have said they saw Jesus and he looks different in every experience. So I have to allow my emotional body to accept that we create part of our own heaven...

But that is ok for me....it shows me all the more the power we have while here in our thoughts and mind, of what we create.

We create every day...we just dont realize it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:27 PM
link   

My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Rest in peace Grandma, you have an interesting journey ahead of you!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thank you Nightstar for adding that beautiful poem, I love it

Thanks for adding Andy...an interesting journey indeed!

I think its pretty cool...that me and my brother both used ATS...and then my mother joined us here...and my father reads sometimes here...so its pretty neat that ATS had a 'family' here that shared many thoughts together and with others. May have to get dad a profile name...wonder if 'grandpa' is taken lol.

Ive been so blessed to have a great family who welcomed so many into their home and shared their lives with others all the time and I have ATS to look back to and remember some of those moments of sharing.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Blessings and hugs to you. Our loved ones are never really "gone". They will always live on in our hearts and in our memory. Every once in a while, I will get a "sign" from one of my deceased loved ones...to let me know they are o.k.
I had one pal that loved butterflies and every so often. a butterfly will actually land on me...a relative of mine had pet song birds and often, I'll have a bird come to my feeder and just stay there and sing it's lil heart out for a long while....I take that sorta thing as a sign. You'll get signs too, for sure. Angel kisses to you. xxxx ^j^

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:42 AM
link   
I'll go and read some of her posts. It sounds like she was a great lady.

My Dad was in the hospital after a long fight and I was given a pamphlet with the following poem when it was clear he didn't have much longer
. I remember reading it, walking to my car, reading it again and crying my eyes out. I still like it.

I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side,
spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts
for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speck
of white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone"

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast,
hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.
And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone,"
there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices
ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying...

Henry Van Dyke

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   

mom and I made alot of great conversations and memories through ATS, its neat that I have all of the posts and conversations to look back to. Some were heated debates about our disagreements, which just the same, I treasure.

That's what I remember ... how neither one of you was able to straighten the other out. Good for both of you!

Shortly after I joined, I started checking the profile pages of people I conversed with. Almost 100% of the profiles of people who had friends listed included Grandma as friend. So, much respected on ATS does describe her well.

Thank you LeoVirgo. I remember.

edit on 4-7-2013 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

Its been some time pthena...I hope you and yours are well

I remember mother and I actually conversing in our own time about some of your ideas and posts

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Hi…Leo

I’m sorry for your loss…

Just wanted to say that it was, great seeing you and your mum talking about your beliefs here on ATS… It was kind of like having a front row seat in your living room lol

I feel privileged to have just been able to witness your moms testimony. And like you said, it was a unique testimony, and it made me re-think a few key aspects about God, which I had been contemplating at that time.

I remember participating on your mums thread “Your Date With Destiny: Meeting the Real Jesus”. On that thread I mentioned, that I had received the Holy Spirit, but all I had done was hear Gods voice, leading me in a certain direction. I didn’t know it back then, but about 2 months later, I was to receive the Holy Spirit for real, and came to believe in Jesus. I had my own Date with Destiny, so to speak.

Thank you both, for sharing your experiences here…it was part of my own journey too…

God Bless you both…

Joe...

edit on 16-7-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

Hi Joe! Thanks for sharing those memories and moments with me and mom.

Sounds like your and mothers paths defiantly crossed in eachothers 'destiny' and I find that really awesome

It was really neat for my family and I to bring our 'family discussions' here to ATS and share thoughts as a family with so many others. She defiantly left some footprints in the sand here.

My best always
Lynette

new topics

top topics

join