It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Egyptions in the Grand Canyon

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I can not deny my ignorance, sorry I never read of it before.

sites.google.com...

Please, lots of folks let me know it's not just me?

sites.google.com...

So much stuff, what's that statement about knowing you know nothing?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
have read this before but need to go know s for you will be back later

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway
I can not deny my ignorance, sorry I never read of it before.

sites.google.com...

Please, lots of folks let me know it's not just me?

sites.google.com...

So much stuff, what's that statement about knowing you know nothing?

It is Really interesting, really, but I think it has been debated at ATS before.
try this link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I think this is a link to a related article if you'd like to read more.
www.spiritofmaat.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Obviously must be fake...the Egyptians could never sail around the world.

/Sarcasm.

In all seriousness, if what the links say are true, then the findings are pretty cool. I have read about the Egyptian/American connection in the past when i was researching Australian/Egyptian connections, albeit only briefly.

It angers me though, that people are there, ready to disprove this stuff as hoaxes when they don't have much evidence themselves, supporting their claims...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Those two pages have some interesting info but at least one of the pictures looks totally bogus. The whole thing looks like it was made by a 10 year old. Doesnt mean its false, but it doesnt especially add to the credibility. I would be really interested in knowing exactly where these off limits are in the canyon.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

That statue looks very oddly like Siddhartha Gautama.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
There is actually some compelling evidence suggesting that Ancients from overseas may have in-fact visited the Americas.

None of this can be 'confirmed',

But studies have been done;
Evaluating the possibility of contact between people from other continents and people in the Americas.

Look up:
Pre-Columbian Trans-Oceanic Contact. (Google link.)

If you really want to learn more about this,
there are some interesting theories on the subject.

Mind-Blowing, if true.

edit on 26-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by iunlimited491
There is actually some compelling evidence suggesting that Ancients from overseas may have in-fact visited the Americas.

None of this can be 'confirmed',

But studies have been done;
Evaluating the possibility of contact between people from other continents and people in the Americas.

Look up:
Pre-Columbian Trans-Oceanic Contact. (Google link.)

If you really want to learn more about this,
there are some interesting theories on the subject.

Mind-Blowing, if true.

edit on 26-6-2013 by iunlimited491 because: (no reason given)

Good info brother. I certainly think they did travel the world but I would loved to have seen your evidence on the OP rather then some shady site.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:43 AM
link   

If this is true then people should be angry at main stream archaeology for supressing the truth for how long? If the Egyptians were in North America then it provides strong evidence the knowledge of the Azetec pyramid builders, came from Egyptians.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   
I believe more than half of the content written/given in on that site is false, from memory there was just talk of finding a cave in the canyon with Egyptian hieroglyphs.

If actual treasure was found there such as the pictures depicted there it would be major news unless it was covered up but considering on the site they claim the artifacts are in a museum in Washington I call b/s

Though I do think it is possible they could have made it to the US of A that link is full of nonsense.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
reply to post by AthlonSavage

I disagree.
Geometrically a pyramid is just an intuitive structure to build.
I remember stacking alphabet blocks into as perfect little pyramids as I could manage as a baby before I'd ever known what Egypt was or that pyramids were any kind of actual building solution.

I don't think anyone anywhere really taught anyone how to build pyramids.
Additionally, I don't think there's anything all that special about pyramids in particular just because they're pyramids.

As to whether or not Egyptians, North Africans, Europeans, and/or Asians and/or any combination or concentration of any of these wound up in Ancient America either by design or accident, it's certainly an interesting story, but, methinks there's no real confirming evidence enough such to warrant anything firm.

Sure, there's ooparts and stories and such, but these aren't enough.

I'd certainly enjoy it if some massive underground cave complex enough so to support a civilization were extent, but, I doubt it. People have been looking for it for decades, regardless and despite closed off portions or rumors of closed off portions of the Grand Canyon.
Kayak + gear + camera + some planning, and anyone can pretty much go anywhere. Add in some climbing gear, training and experience climbing, and you're unstoppable.

Shoot off a roll of film (or now days a few hundred frames digital) of any previously "undiscovered" site, and there'd be no stopping a big reveal.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
I would really love for the story of finding a cave in the Grand Canyon with Egyptian artifacts to be true. It's really an interesting story, and who knows, maybe there is some truth it.

But whether or not the original story is true, the Google sites website linked in the OP seems to be a hoax. The photos didn't seem believable, so I started doing some Google search by image searches. Here is the result...

The first alleged photo of Kincaid's cave is actually a picture of Stanton's Cave in the Grand Canyon taken by Shannon Kelly. You can see it here: Source

If you do a normal Google search on Stanton's Cave, you will see it is a well-known cave that seems unlikely to be the cave described in the original early 20th century news story.

The second photo, alleged to be Powell's cave in the Grand Canyon, is actually a photo of a cave that is not even in the Grand Canyon. It's apparently Helme Cave in Estonia. You can see it here: Source

The alleged shrine in Powell's Cave is also not in the Grand Canyon, it's in India. It's a Buddha statue in Mumbai. You can see it here: Source

The photo of the alleged gold tablet is actually one of the artifacts allegedly found by John Brewer in a cave in central Utah. Those artifacts apparently caused something of a stir among Mormons in Utah, but they don't seem to have been found in the Grand Canyon. And they are questionable too... apparently the LDS church considers them a hoax. Source

The photo of the alleged unfinished Egyptian pyramid in the Grand Canyon is apparently actually a photo of a mountain in Death Valley that was mined by the vat leaching process: Source

Not sure about the other photos at the Google sites website linked in the OP, but it looks like someone took a lot of photos from a wide variety of other places and wove them together with the legend and some creative fiction to build a hoax site. Or maybe they copied it all from others who did that.

Still, the legend is interesting enough that it seems worth searching for the cave from the original early 20th century news story.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ikonoklast

Thanks, was after 1 am when I came across it, too late to start searching.

Next question would be who, what where and why someone took time to put this together?
Seems that would be a calling for ATS? Why? Many many stories about caves and such this year?

I'll be doing some digging.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I thought it was a wonderful view. But we only stayed for 20 minutes.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
if there was an ancient civlisation in america

then they would of most likely used the canyon

probably for burials

now that was my liberal comment...my balanced one says :.

if there is anyone buried there, i dont think they are egyptian... like the mayans & aztecs werent

- but who knows who relocated what where!

peace
edit on 26-6-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
What a fascinating topic. One of my favorites.

I'm not in love with the links in the OP-- it's the way the info is presented, and some of it does seem a little... sketchy. On the other hand, there is tons of info out there on this subject.

Here are a couple pages I turned up after a quick search:

This Page has a bunch of info about possible ancient travelers to the americas.

Here is another decent short write-up with multiple pages and a bunch of nifty pictures for comparison.

Perhaps I'll post more if I turn up anything interesting.

OH! I did want to note-- one of the other sources I was looking at (not from OP) claimed that egyptian artifacts were found in the grand canyon, that it was reported in a local newspaper, and that the Smithsonian Institute denied any discovery or involvement. This rung some bells withe me, as not long ago I watched / read a bunch of info alleging that The Smithsonian has been actively complicit in covering up the discovery of giant remains in the US. I think I recall one researcher alleging that this is the entire (real) reason the institute was set up.

Kind of an interesting conspiracy theory, and it raises some interesting questions. The most obvious and burning being why would they have desire / motive to cover this stuff up?

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

[url=http://www.xpeditionsmagazine.com/magazine/canyon/canyon.html ]
Discussed here quite a bit and elswhere. The above news story appeared in 1909 regarding missing Smithsonian evidence.

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 05/05/13 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Your link didn't work.

www.xpeditionsmagazine.com...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

If this is true then people should be angry at main stream archaeology for supressing the truth for how long? If the Egyptians were in North America then it provides strong evidence the knowledge of the Azetec pyramid builders, came from Egyptians.

How so? the oldest Egyptian pyramid is the Pyramid of Djoser which dates to between 2610 and 2630 BCE whereas the oldest pyramid in the Americas located at Caral in Peru dates to about3200-3500 BCE That's not to say I don't find the notion of transatlantic voyages by Egyptians or Phoenicians to be unlikely, I'm simply pointing out that the "New World" Pyramids pre-date the Egyptian ones by 600-800 years. Aside from the chronological issue as has been previously pointed out, the American style of step pyramids was very different than the much more precise Egyptian construction.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Try You Tube
Scott Wolter America unearthed....hes shown lots of precolumbus visitors to the USA...Irish,Templars,Mithraists,
Even egyptian stuff in te mound builders mounds...
It was a busy place eons ago.....

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join