It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Ison, the biblical connection, and our possible end

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

Well to that smug remark I say that no one knows for sure what exactly will happen. Not the experts, not NASA, and certainly not people on ATS. People can guess, speculate, and claim they do all they want. There is nothing wrong with discussion and preparing for what you may think will or will not happen. A bigger question that should be asked is when NASA had the ability to point one of the many satellites towards ISON (some that have been paid with supposed tax payer money)why they did not? We got a few still camera shots. Its 2013, don't give me that crap. Now its too late as it is behind the sun traveling through the asteroid belt until September.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by libertytoall
That's a good point but meteors behave differently. Have you observed a meteor having an immense tail trailing behind it? Meteors are not charged objects like comets.

You misunderstand what he is saying.
He's saying that comets, as they orbit the sun, leave the scary deadly earth-killing trails behind them *all the time*, and the earth passes through these particle trails *all the time*, and yet, no "end of the world" actually occurs.

So... observations show the particle trails are NOT scary deadly earth-killing trails but are in fact ordinary bits of dust.
As shown by historical observations of this event that has happened many many many many many times before (several time a year, every year, in fact).

This is simply not true. Now you're trying to discount the rarity of this event. Do you work for homeland security? Honestly.. Even NASA is saying this is going to cause anomalies in the sky like never seen before. They are saying the sky may have glowing blue clouds at night brighter than a full moon.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gerizo
reply to post by alfa1

Well to that smug remark I say that no one knows for sure what exactly will happen. Not the experts, not NASA, and certainly not people on ATS. People can guess, speculate, and claim they do all they want. There is nothing wrong with discussion and preparing for what you may think will or will not happen. A bigger question that should be asked is when NASA had the ability to point one of the many satellites towards ISON (some that have been paid with supposed tax payer money)why they did not? We got a few still camera shots. Its 2013, don't give me that crap. Now its too late as it is behind the sun traveling through the asteroid belt until September.

My best guess? They did study ISON and various many other comets which lead them to keep hush hush because just about everything they understood from comets to the formation of our solar system were being torn apart and lit on fire.

edit on 26-6-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

The last I had heard, comet tails were creating zombies

something wrong with human..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

So my friend, how did you put this together?

What did you read and hear about this upcoming "event" you're describing?
edit on 26-6-2013 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Gerizo

Oh please.

NASA and every other space agency (its always just NASA for the haters) will point everything they have at ISON.

NASA are calling it the Comet ISON Observing Campaign

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil...

edit on 26-6-2013 by AlphaHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   
Okay, just so long as we're playing the "because the bible" card instead of looking towards real astronomical findings or any real predictions then by your logic, I shall play too.

"I will never again curse the ground for man's sake although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I ever again destroy every living thing as I have done." ~ "God" Genesis 7:20

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I am more worried that our atmosphere is shrinking.
This comet wont kill us...."i hope" but will cause changes to our planet.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:05 AM
link   

This is simply not true. Now you're trying to discount the rarity of this event.

Rarity of what "event", specifically?
The earth every year, multiple times, passes through the orbital paths of comets.
Down the bottom of this page is a big list.

Even NASA is saying this is going to cause anomalies in the sky like never seen before.

"like never seen before"???
Can I have a source for this claim, please?
And I dont mean of the bidirectional nature of the material source, I mean of the claim about "anomalies in the sky".

They are saying the sky may have glowing blue clouds at night brighter than a full moon.

"brighter than the full moon"???
Can I have a source for this claim, please?

Those last two sound like a complete, misunderstanding of the possibility of noctilucent clouds.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   
The comments NASA made in regard to it being brighter than
a full moon was directed at the comet itself, that was taken
out of context so it does not apply to your claim.
edit on 26-6-2013 by bloodreviara because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:26 AM
link   
No it wasn't because the comet itself is suppose to be 15 times brighter than a full moon

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress
Okay, just so long as we're playing the "because the bible" card instead of looking towards real astronomical findings or any real predictions then by your logic, I shall play too.

"I will never again curse the ground for man's sake although the imagination of man's heart is evil from his youth; nor will I ever again destroy every living thing as I have done." ~ "God" Genesis 7:20

I was looking at the science first and it happened to lead me to similarities in biblical prophecy not the other way around. No fitting of square pegs in round holes. Please play again..

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:39 AM
link   
liberty,

On March 13, 2013 a Catholic seer heard from Our Lord. He called the comet coming, the "blue star." People wonder, is it Comet ISON? There is a celestial, a comet prophesied at the time of the Great Warning.

A message given after the message to Sadie Jaramillo, Our Lord to John Leary ~ Comet ISON is a "sign" of the prophesied Great Warning (Rev 6:15-17 & 1 Cor 3:13).

The Great Warning is the worldwide "awakening", every person on the earth will be given a personal life review like an NDE. A gift from God to change hearts, save souls. And it will also be a warning about the anti-Christ and his evil plans.

God bless you,

+ + +

Tuesday, May 7 2013

message to John Leary (excerpt)

www.johnleary.com...

...Jesus said: “My people, some of you are aware of the Ison Comet that will come close to the earth around November and December. I showed you this in an earlier message, but I did not mention the significance of this comet. Your astronomers are telling you that this comet will appear as brighter than a full moon. I told you that the meteor over Russia was a sign of a war coming. Now you are seeing how Israel is protecting itself by a second bombing of potential missiles in Syria that were headed to Hamas. I also gave you a sign of the coming financial problems after Pope Francis was elected. Now, I am telling you that this comet is a sign of the coming Warning. I will not give a date for the Warning, but I have told you many times that it is close. In the vision of the circling stars, you could tell that this was connected to the Warning. Once the Warning occurs, events will be moving quickly to allow the Antichrist to come into power. My faithful need to have your backpacks, tents, and sleeping blankets ready for when you will have to leave for the safety of My refuges. Have trust and faith that I will protect My faithful from the evil ones.”

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
"Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied.
"But I say to all of you:
In the future you will see the Son of Man
sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One
and coming on the clouds of heaven."

"There is no one like the God of Jeshurun,
who rides on the heavens to help you
and on the clouds in his majesty. "

"In my vision at night I looked,
and there before me was one like a son of man,
coming with the clouds of heaven. "

“Look! He is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, and those who pierced him; and all the tribes of the earth will beat themselves in grief because of him.”

What do you think the clouds are and where do you think they originate from? Remember they're described as clouds of heaven not clouds of earth.

Could I be taking this completely out of context? Absolutely, but I also might not be.. Everything is fitting together like a puzzle which is making it hard for disbelievers to come up with any logical explanation to refute this end of times theory. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck it's a duck.. This unique object and it's impeccable timing shows it's capable of bringing to fruition all the destructive nature of Revelations prophecy. No other object in measured human history has held as many attributes that predict the biblical end times. It has all the right ingredients and the proper timing. I am not a religious person. Heck, I'm not even Christian nor Catholic yet the perfect timing and nature of comet ISON can't be ignored. Especially when blanketed with biblical prophecies that seem to describe her and her effects on earth perfectly.

Good luck.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Well hopefully the hydrogen, hydroxil, H2O, and Hydrogen Peroxide won't act as accelerants like carbon particles do.

As an unprecedented event... I'm not convinced of its impotency to inflict anything more than a light show.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   
While I don't think what you are claiming will actually happen, I did find some information on the glowing clouds. The are called Noctilucent clouds.

www.wired.co.uk...

The paper, published in the Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, reveals the results of Nasa's two-year AIM satellite mission, which was launched specifically to investigate the polar mesospheric cloud phenomenon. Shedding light on a more than century old mystery, the researchers used the satellite's Solar Occultation for Ice Experiment (SOFIE) to probe the chemical make-up of the eerie blue ripples -- which appear at night during the summer months of each pole 83 kilometres up in the air -- and found that three percent of every ice crystal is made up of particles from meteoroids.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Myomistress

Oooo, can I play too???

7The first sounded, and there came hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and a third of the earth was burned up, and a third of the trees were burned up, and all the green grass was burned up.
Source
EVERY living thing not destroyed. 1/3 of Earth and 1/3 of living things. Just sayin.

edit on 6/26/2013 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1
I am more worried that our atmosphere is shrinking.
This comet wont kill us...."i hope" but will cause changes to our planet.

Had the same thought the other day. Don't know why. I was looking up at the stars on a semi-cloudy night and thought... our atmosphere must surely fluctuate somewhat. It's not like it's a solid unyielding mass around us. It must surely be effected by forces within and without. Our entire solar system is pummeling through space. Is all of space identical and constant. Well... Nooo! So it just makes sense to me that our heliosphere is effected by what is beyond it, and our atmosphere is effected by changes therein.

If someone believes differently, please begin with "I think..." or if you have credible sources please provide. I did not post a source b/c I made it clear I was posting a belief that just makes sense to me.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Nobody died when we passed trough the tail of comet halley way back when.....
I call DOOM TROLL

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
All the news reports are saying comet ISON is likely to spark strange meteor showers that are unprecedented in recorded human history. Recent scientific data points to a complete misunderstanding of what comets are made of as well as what they are jetting. We are going to see the sky lit up with blue clouds made of molecules deriving form the core of the comet. Did Halley do that? You can't even begin to compare the two events as they are nowhere similar. If you want to bury your head in the dirt because it's more comfortable feel free.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join