It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: Putin: Snowden still in Moscow airport transit zone, won't be extradited!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Let's see if The President's handlers know how to play politka the way the Russians do.Putin is not gonna kowtow to Obama and Kerry.Forget Congress he has to deal with the Duma so he's not afraid of some congress critters.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Shadowphile

And the answer is the same my friend.

Although poisoning a citizen with polonium is just nasty.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by The0nlytruth

I believe mr. Putin has a word or two to tell mr Warbama;

edit on 26-6-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

And why should he be extradited? He exposed the truth and if you think that's wrong then you're insane.
edit on 25-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

finally!! somone with sense,..

There are of course legalities that need to be consdiered, as I'm sure Snowden was aware as I am positive he had to sign NDA's etc,. but he was honest and took it upon himself to reveal something that he thought and what the world now things as immoral and wrong.

I found it laughable at the rhetoric coming from some americans and the US govnt in regards to how he is a traitor etc etc, a traitor for doing the right thing and having morals and a counscience, well if thats a crime, then ill go to the local police station and hand myself in!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Oh, sure, they love traitors, snitches, etc... I mean freedom fighters in their own mind like Snowden.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by AlphaHawk

And the answer is the same my friend.

Although poisoning a citizen with polonium is just nasty.

How much do we truly know about that incident, and how much is Western propaganda? It looks pretty clear that Hastings was murdered, perhaps to stop another Snowden job before it got out of hand. It's not like the Western press or politicos would admit if Russia had some nice warm fuzzy leader with benign intent who didn't spy on his people and run a police state.

And just look at how the Icelandic parliament is portrayed. I don't watch the MSM anymore hardly at all but even on the internet, you have to actually go looking for it.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I cannot believe that I reached a point in my life where I do not stand up for the U.S.government on this issue.The guy simply said Hey U.S. government is spying on you with the internet and e-mails and phones and videos.This somehow is what criminals are in todays world.Far far worse people on the streets in America murdering kids everyday and the government does nothing whatsoever to stop them.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   
This story is waaaaaaaaaay out there, now! Stories can be made up, ya know.
There is NO REASON to believe any thing these people tell us, anymore. Doing so, makes you naive and foolish!

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Maybe Putin will give him the Gerard Depardieu treatment.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I'm starting to like Russia more and more lately ^_^

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Pictures or you know the rest...

Doesn't anyone in Russia have a camera.

The picture of the empty seat in the plane...Makes me think.

This is the old bait and switch...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

Originally posted by The0nlytruth

(Round of applause for putin)

Way to go for the ex-KGB agent, stick it to the man putin.

Um, Putin is the man. The kung-fu chopping, enemy-irradiaing man.
Hes just sticking it to an equally corrupt and maniacal man

Yeah, watch it Ed. Don't eat the glowing oatmeal.. and I won't break
T&C about the perfume the airport screeners are wearing south of Minsk.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
told you they wouldnt ship him back

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Guenter

the fact is that US law ends at it's borders.

Where do you get this? You made that up based on what? You have a point when it comes to extradition, but that is a different matter. IF a spy in the US flees to Russia they are under no obligations to give the person back, but they can if they want to. They could grant the spy asylum as well. The fact is, the US doesn't have a lot of good will with the Russians. China got rid of him, they have a lot to lose if they piss off the US. Putin is old school ex-KGB. I doubt he gives a rats ass if he pisses off Obama. But the fact remains that each country has different calculations and depending on the laws that were broken they can agree with the US and send him back. These decisions are not made in a vacuum.

V

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Well, what this seems to show is that whatever powers we think the CIA/NSA/etc have, they really don't.

If they did we probably would have never heard of this guy or, if we had, he would have been dead a few hours later.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

What the NSA has now been shown to be doing has already been deemed illegal.

Why is it illegal? What proof do you offer for this? What lawsuits have been filed saying the actions are illegal, what court decisions have been made against the Government? I'm not arguing that the Government is being a good steward of American privacy, what i'm saying is the Government is not breaking any laws with what we now know of. There are many arguments to be made whether the Left's love child is behaving in good faith to the People. We elected these idiots. Were getting what we paid for i guess.

V

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

I believe mr. Putin has a word or two to tell mr Warbama;

I see in some of these posts a lot of love for Putin. Really... this is the guy you want to be your hero? This guy is no Nelson Mandela, no Gandhi, no champion of freedom of the People and this is the guy, along with the Chinese, that Snowden has run to.

V

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Putting the posturing of any/all "elected officials" (or "thugs" in my humble opinion) aside, I am hoping Edward has a plan, some solid support, and a chance for a long and interesting life!

All of the media-insinuations show me one thing very clearly: the USA is NOT the all seeing, all knowing, Super-Power anymore.We're simply not taken all that "seriously" these days and we can thank all of those in "power" for what has literally become a rather laughable demonstration in this situation of more bullying by guys with big guns.

They still believe a bit of "playground justice" IS the answer to everything and it's not anymore: it's a new world of brilliant young minds, searing-fast technology, and this good ol' Cold War reaction on both sides is something to behold in it's lack of efficiency/

I think it's time for some fresh new "systems" and for history to begin to write a new "chapter" based on integrity and honesty, reality and ethics and for even those of us who are old enough to "appreciate" the sins and victories of the past to start seeing with a fresh pair of eyes...the "enemies" are just not clearly defined anymore.

Fly Edward Fly! Start writing that book asap and get the ball rolling...

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Variable
reply to post by Guenter

the fact is that US law ends at it's borders.

Where do you get this? You made that up based on what? You have a point when it comes to extradition, but that is a different matter. IF a spy in the US flees to Russia they are under no obligations to give the person back, but they can if they want to. They could grant the spy asylum as well. The fact is, the US doesn't have a lot of good will with the Russians. China got rid of him, they have a lot to lose if they piss off the US. Putin is old school ex-KGB. I doubt he gives a rats ass if he pisses off Obama. But the fact remains that each country has different calculations and depending on the laws that were broken they can agree with the US and send him back. These decisions are not made in a vacuum.

V

This is the basic of national law. ANY nation's law ends at its national borders. International agreements are a different issue. It's basic logic. That what the sovereignty of a nation means. The borders within define and enforce the law of the land. Once a person is outside these national borders the law of that nation ends at the line in the sand. Simple as that. Any person familiar with international law can tell you that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join