It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you part of The Stampede?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by safetymeeting
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Go on with your life good sir. You will see, probably too late though.

Right. I do love when summer comes around and all the 'smart' kids come out.

Let me clue you in on something: Ive 'seen', probably for longer than you've been alive. Definitely long enough to understand the martyr complex that so many 'theorists' seem to have.

Its a bad idea. It doesnt work. History proves that.

And for the record, contrary to the websites claim, this is not legal. Their own lawyer even spells it out, then claims its legal (quality legal advice, there).

To deface a dollar with intent to make it unfit for circulation (which is exactly what this is) is a felony.
edit on 24-6-2013 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Written messages and stamping have been done for years with about any cause you can think of. Have you ever received a bill with some important message on it that you then researched?

I'm sure it happens, but it's probably extremely rare. If bills are defaced to a certain point, they are most likely take out of circulation anyways.

And these days, most people rarely have bills to begin with. Most of their transactions are from either credit or debit cards.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   
In the UK small businesses pass the money back as much as possible because they have to PAY to put it in the bank!

Seems like a smart idea to me! Just wish I had some money so I could join in.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Yay I'm one of the smart kids

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

codes.lp.findlaw.com...

I agree that something needs to be done about the problem but this is not the right way, especially if a lot of people start doing it. I know that the bank does not have to accept defaced money and neither do any businesses. If they start pushing this than they will start enforcing this law and then they will refuse to honor any money with writing on it. People will have toilet paper. This action may set precedence for any establishment to deny any money with writing on it or that is torn. I don't really want to sort through my change at the store to make sure I do not take money with any flaws.
edit on 24-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

I understand what you are saying. The lawyers for this idea seem to think its ok. Also the Where's George? experiment has marked and tracked over 215 million dollars since 1998.

edit on 24-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
In my own little crazy world people would take those stamps and stamp politicians foreheads. Would be funny to see them out the next day with their forehead red and raw from all the scrubbing. Maybe a little glitter bomb while we are at it. I think I may be on to something.... A federal prison plane headed to guantanamo lol.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join