It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Series Finale Episode

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:21 AM
link   
What is everyone's opinion on what the best series finale of all time was?

Obviously this thread will have some spoilers in it so if you are watching a show currently and it's listed please avoid it.

For me I think the best series finale or perhaps the most powerful was the last episode of Six Feet Under. I can't remember a show the ended on a more inline with the feel of the series than this did. The last 10 minutes of this specific episode were as emotionally draining as any show especially if you had invested any time in the show. When you look at comments posted in various places all you see are " I cried the whole time this sequence was airing"

Anyway, the final 10 minutes of the last episode of Six Feet Under....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I remember that last episode. I loved Six Feet Under and the ending showing how they lived out their lives was pretty cool and a nice ending. HBO had some good shows back in the day.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Good post OP, I remember that show well. I did make the mistake of watching the clip just to take a trip down memory lane, but ended up on the trail of tears instead. A very emotional 10 minutes of video. One of, if not the best, series finales EVER. The Sopranos finale, however, was an example of one of the worst.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I hate all series finales. It just means another of my favorite shows is over.

That being said, I'm gonna predict the future and say that Breaking Bad will have the best series finale ever. That show has been such a mindblower over the years with non-stop entertainment and amazing acting. I wouldn't expect anything less from the series finale.......bitch!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Fringe here.

Though i wouldn't like it was much as an announcement of a new series!

Game of thrones tends to end series on a good one though!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by scojak
I hate all series finales. It just means another of my favorite shows is over.

That being said, I'm gonna predict the future and say that Breaking Bad will have the best series finale ever. That show has been such a mindblower over the years with non-stop entertainment and amazing acting. I wouldn't expect anything less from the series finale.......bitch!

Yup..I can't wait for the ending of that... I am really hard pressed to come up with a show that has been that good for that long...

My friend floated this crazy idea, he may have read it on the web, but here it goes..

The last shots of Breaking Bad lead into the first shots of Malcom in the Middle ...the implication being Walter White went into protective custody and that was his new life.. I laughed when he told me that theory but then again it's Breaking Bad and if you told me the story of a high school teacher that is Drug lord would work I would have laughed at that also.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by opethPA

Yup..I can't wait for the ending of that... I am really hard pressed to come up with a show that has been that good for that long...

My friend floated this crazy idea, he may have read it on the web, but here it goes..

The last shots of Breaking Bad lead into the first shots of Malcom in the Middle ...the implication being Walter White went into protective custody and that was his new life.. I laughed when he told me that theory but then again it's Breaking Bad and if you told me the story of a high school teacher that is Drug lord would work I would have laughed at that also.

Haha, that would definitely throw me for a loop!

I also find Homeland to be a pretty intricate and exciting show, also with more great acting. HBO just knows how to make great shows.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

I'm going with the series finale of MASH. Hope this is the right video:

edit on 6/24/13 by littled16 because: wrong video

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I loved how they did the finale episodes of Seinfeld. That was classic. Bringing in a lot of the interesting characters that made their episodes really pop....sheer genius.

Detective—From "The Wig Master". The detective refers to an incident that took place due to an odd set of circumstances that led to Kramer being mistaken for a pimp and arrested.

Marla Penny—The virgin whom Jerry dates in "The Virgin" and "The Contest". She explains that she broke up with Jerry after learning of the contest that the four had to see who could go the longest without masturbation.

Marcelino—The cockfighting ringleader from "The Little Jerry". His testimony simply consists of him saying "cockfighting" in response to a question from the district attorney.

The Sponge Pharmacist—The pharmacist testifies that Elaine "said she needed a whole case" of Today sponges shortly after they were pulled from the market, adding that he is not referring to "the kind you clean your tub with".

Fred—Elaine's ex-boyfriend from "The Pick". He testifies about Elaine's accidental nipple exposure in a Christmas card.

Mabel Choate—The elderly woman Jerry mugged for a loaf of marble rye bread for George to give to his soon-to-be in-laws in "The Rye". She recounts this incident. Her use as a witness leads to an objection by Jackie Chiles, because she was not present at the crime, but the prosecution states that they plan to use a series of character witnesses and the judge allows her to testify.

Donald Sanger—The Bubble Boy whom Jerry tried to visit. Sanger describes the argument he had with George while playing a game of Trivial Pursuit, which ultimately led to the destruction of the protective bubble he lives in (due to an unspecified medical condition); the bubble actually popped while Donald was choking George.

Lola—Describes events from "The Handicap Spot": George parked in a handicapped space, which caused her to travel a greater distance to get to where she was going. Her wheelchair was destroyed in an accident and Kramer bought her a used wheelchair with faulty brakes, which caused her to go careening down a hill.

Dr. Wilcox—The doctor from "The Invitations" who treated Susan Ross, George's ex-fiancee, after she passed out from licking envelopes covered with toxic glue. Dr. Wilcox discusses a look of "restrained jubilation" on George's face when he was informed she died. His testimony causes Susan's parents to scream at George and call him a murderer.

Sidra Holland—The woman Jerry dated from the health club in "The Implant". Sidra recounts an incident when Elaine tripped in the sauna and landed on her breasts, claiming that Jerry had sent Elaine into the sauna to find out if her breasts were real or implants.

Joe Bookman—The library cop from "The Library" who testifies about Jerry having a twenty-five year overdue library book. He calls Jerry a "criminal".

Robin—George's girlfriend from "The Fire" recounts her child's birthday party, where George selfishly threw multiple children and elderly people out of the way to escape a small kitchen fire.

Mall Security Guard—From "The Parking Garage". He testifies about catching Jerry urinating in public and his reasoning for doing so ("...I could get uromysitisis poisoning and die, that's why.").

The Low-Talker—Kramer's ex-girlfriend from "The Puffy Shirt". It is apparent that she is testifying against Jerry for ruining her career by bad-mouthing the puffy shirt. However, due to her low-talking, Jackie Chiles objects because no one can hear her.

George Steinbrenner—George's former boss with the Yankees, who recalls how he was rumored to be a Communist in "The Race", but did not state how he was traded for Tyler Chicken in "The Muffin Tops"). George reminds Steinbrenner that he gave $12 million to Hideki Irabu.

Justin Pitt—Elaine's former boss who fired her over a misunderstanding in "The Diplomat's Club". Pitt believed Elaine was trying to kill him and testifies she tried to smother him with a pillow.

The Soup Nazi, Yev Kassem—Testifies that the four used to come into his restaurant, and that he banned Elaine from the shop by saying "NO SOUP FOR YOU!" Elaine later found soup recipes in an old armoire that once belonged to the Soup Nazi, and in an act of revenge reveals his recipes to the public. This caused the Soup Nazi to go out of business and move to Argentina.

Babu Bhatt—A former Pakistani restauranteur who appeared in "The Cafe" and "The Visa". Babu retells the story of how Jerry's advice to change his restaurant's menu from varied to Pakistani caused his customer base to dry up, and he charges that Elaine and Jerry purposely mixed up his mail so he did not get his visa renewal papers and was deported. Babu's story is only partially true; his restaurant did not get any business except for Jerry's patronage before he changed the menu, and his renewal papers were accidentally delivered to Jerry's house while Jerry was out of town.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

The Seinfeld finale gets a lot of flak. I personally think it was brilliant! I also like that the last bit of dialogue in the series is almost verbatim the first lines ever spoken by George Costanza and Jerry Seinfeld on the opening shot of the series' pilot episode.

And because I can't help but being a Trekker, the finale of Deep Space Nine actually left me with a tear as Jake stared off into space after Sisko left him behind

edit on 24-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Another HBO show ..This is one of my favorite shows of all time..
While it was only 3 seasons I thought Deadwood was just so well acted and written.
What a lot of people don't realize is that many of the characters were historical in nature.
Their actually was an Al Swearengen, their was a Seth Bullock and the list goes on.
Who knows if the portrayals by the actors and actresses were accurate, what I know is they were amazing..

**** NSFW ****

The final 4 minutes of Deadwood...

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The first one that came to my mind was Six Feet Under. Really great!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I can't actually remember a series finale that I liked.

Farscape-sucked.
MASH-sucked. But then so did the last 6 seasons.
Night Court-sucked.
All in the Family-sucked.
The Sopranos-sucked.
Cheers-sucked.
Roseanne-interesting but sucked.
Seinfeld? The complete series sucked.

As you can see I don;t watch much new TV.

About the only show left to suck for me as a series finale would be True Blood. I can hope for better though.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Finales that suck certainly seem to outnumber...

Worst for me was LOST, I mean, really? Over and over again, the producers said it wasn't purgatory. So, what was it? Purgatory......for all intents and purposes.

Remember the Dallas one? At least that really turned it on its ear....

The Sopranos disappointed a lot of people too (never watched that though).....

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
The Sopranos disappointed a lot of people too (never watched that though).....

That one was OK at the time. It was such an open ender that we all thought there would be a followup movie at the least. With James dying last week that puts an end to that.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by opethPA

Mash was mentioned, but it's still a runner up when considering The Fugitive. That was an awesome show!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Star Trek The Next Generation.

Need I say more?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
Star Trek The Next Generation.

Need I say more?

TV show or extended movies?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

TV show. "All Good Things ..." pt.1 and pt.2

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by VictorVonDoom
reply to post by intrepid

TV show. "All Good Things ..." pt.1 and pt.2

I didn't think that one sucked but it certainly wasn't overly memorable. But it did have Q. Always liked that character.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join