It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun Feels Hotter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+24 more 
posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Is it just me or does the sun feel hotter to the skin than usual? Even when temps are fairly cool, the sun is so intense to the skin. It isn't so much the heat as it is a noticable burning feeling on exposed skin. Anyone else feel this?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ronnie6657
Is it just me or does the sun feel hotter to the skin than usual? Even when temps are fairly cool, the sun is so intense to the skin. It isn't so much the heat as it is a noticable burning feeling on exposed skin. Anyone else feel this?

Today felt like any other hot and humid day on the East Coast of America at the start of the Summer.
I can remember feeling that way many times over the past years and I expect that each summer going forward i will feel that way again.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
It's finally summer
I'm sure not going to complain, it was a very cold spring.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

Mid 90s every day in my corner of Texas. Heat index over 100, and it definitely feels like it. Normal for this time of year. Sun doesn't feel any hotter than usual.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
No, but it is summer right now, so that should be normal.

Unless you're in the Southern Hemisphere ?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Are you some sort of a shapeshifter.
It seems like you change shape a lot.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by littled16

Are you some sort of a shapeshifter.
It seems like you change shape a lot.

All kittehs are agents of the reptilian overlords. We can change form to suit our mission. It is we who are making the sun hotter- it makes the bugs breed like crazy and the overlords like to eat them. Now sssshhhhh......

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I can honestly say last years summer here in NZ was the hottest ive felt in a while, and every year the sunlight seems more intense. Also, i havent felt a winter this cold and seen so much snow (6 meters overnight etc.) EVER. Definately unsual weather, around these parts anyway.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Feels normal to me.

I live in a dessert. Have for years and years. We have had much hotter summers.

I believe you are sensitive to what you are being fed..

Not meant to belittle. Just perspective.
edit on 23-6-2013 by defuntion because: blah

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I'd say the sun has been a bit intense just recently....Yes.

(Source)

and what that means is:

(Source)

I've found sunlight harder to be in for any length of time compared to how it was not that long ago. It's a matter of perception to some degree, but not entirely...as that map shows and from official sources on the info. It is hot out there but really feels harsh too.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Ronnie6657

Just you.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I'd say the sun has been a bit intense just recently....Yes.
You know that UV radiation doesn't make you feel hot, right?

But you also know that the UV index is not based on measurements of UV radiation, right?
www.epa.gov...

edit on 6/24/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
No, it does seem more intense. Doesn't seem hotter, but it does seem harsher, from my perspective.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
move to scotland then this sun thing is a thing you get a glimpse of on 2 days a year normally a tue & fri

problem solved

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Reply to post by billdadobbie

Hahaha.
Amen

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by 3nLiGhT3n

i am not joking either we have webbed feet it rains that much ask anybody in scotland about global warming and you will get looked at like a idiot

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Lol i always wondered why my mums side of the family were good swimmers.. Must be good for the thistle's too eh!

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
It does "feel" hotter than I expect sometimes. The thing that is noticeably worse is the sun light for me with out sunglasses. I'm currently in the Minneapolis area and when the sun is out on a clear day, it hurts my eyes to be outside when the sun is at about 10:00AM and around 2-3PM without my shades on. If I forget to put them on I feel like I can see a haze (kind of like heat coming off a hot surface) at the corners of my eyes and then I am forced to squint to the point that I almost feel tears forming.
Note: It feels like welders flash... so it is probably UV related.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Yes I have noticed the sun feels hotter than it use to feel. It seems like we are closer to it now and that is why it feels hotter.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Well, going by their map there which shows areas at (11) and above to be 10 minutes or less to sunburn, it seems to me it ought to feel different. It sure will later, anyway. lol.

That map is on the Environmental Protection Agency site and they credit the National Weather Service for producing it daily.. The second scale is from NOAA and their UV weather center and in the data sets within that page's sub-sections on UV. Don't ask me.. I'm just going by what Government sources seem to indicate.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join