It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you decode this?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Some people are happy with just some incense and a shrine, while others feel it's more 'official' to have a signed document with a declaration of official whatever-ness.

Especially "whatever-ness". Like a diploma or plaque it is essentially worthless. The gold is as fake as the "certification".

I've found a million of them in dumpsters. When people die they all get thrown away along with all the rest of their lifelong clutter.

Now, if that was a Spanish gold ounce...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Someone needs to get Byrd on this !
Or Kandsvelt

S & F for you OP
Peace
FreeFalling

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
This looks like the sort of text I used to write in when I made a little codex for myself (when I was younger) lol... seriously, no joke, It's very very similar and holds some of the same symbols I used in my own text. Talk about coincidences of me seeing this.
edit on 23-6-2013 by VoidFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Led Zeppelin 4?

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by telemetry
I dunno, not saying it's fake... but whatever writing or script that is, I'm definitely not familiar with it. Nor can I find anything else 100% the same online.

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Has anyone run a search on the gold symbol.

Yes.
Earlier today I tried all manners of combinations on that, coin / token / seal.. in google images, nada. Didn't get a single hit of something remotely close, so I'm at a loss. Someone might have better luck than me though, so it's worth a shot.

I do think that finding out what that coin is or represents, would be the best logical starting point here. That in turn might help to unravel the meaning or origin of whatever this thing is.

A good closeup of that coin thing is needed.
Can you have your friend get us one, OP?

It's a stick-on initial seal, like show here:
www.thefind.com...
No exact match but there are lots of different kinds.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Me and a friend have been working on this still this was his most recent communication with me. I am coming to the same conclusion.

this is very strange, Ive spent too much time on this. It has modified runes in it that mean "heritage, estate, possession", for example, and the first word seems to mean Abbey. The dots are used in a way similar to older writings as acronyms. It doesn't seem to be a language at all, but a series of abbreviations. The seal is a kind of certification, from what, I don't know. I guess no it is a kind of benediction, but it being hidden leads me to think it is a kind of magical document, to stay with the house. I don't know. Is the seal wax? And what the paper is may be important also . Can you tell me any more, anything at all, about where it was found, house location, anything?

We brought this up to our Sanskrit instructor and he thinks it is a cipher and now he is working on it..lol you have peaked the interest of 2 novice linguists and 1 master.

edit on 24-6-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ParanoidAmerican
Me and a friend have been working on this still this was his most recent communication with me. I am coming to the same conclusion.

this is very strange, Ive spent too much time on this. It has modified runes in it that mean "heritage, estate, possession", for example, and the first word seems to mean Abbey. The dots are used in a way similar to older writings as acronyms. It doesn't seem to be a language at all, but a series of abbreviations. The seal is a kind of certification, from what, I don't know. I guess no it is a kind of benediction, but it being hidden leads me to think it is a kind of magical document, to stay with the house. I don't know. Is the seal wax? And what the paper is may be important also . Can you tell me any more, anything at all, about where it was found, house location, anything?

We brought this up to our Sanskrit instructor and he thinks it is a cipher and now he is working on it..lol you have peaked the interest of 2 novice linguists and 1 master.

edit on 24-6-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

This is awesome!! And exactly why I brought this to ATS.

edit on 24-6-2013 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ParanoidAmerican

If such is so, that would seem support my intuitions into this document being a house blessing, as well as facilitating an archaic or specialized/adapted script to make it more "official".

Nice work.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

The letters all look like letters from different alphabet scripts, but I can't find a single script that has more than one letter from this in it. S+F, great post, I'm curious and will keep looking.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I'm going to guess, just a guess, that this is a Feng Shui certificate that certifies that the house (since it was found inside a wall) has all its Feng and Shui in proper balance.

... or something quite similar to Feng Shui where a spiritual consultant comes to a home to certify that whatever superstition or kink the home owner is concerned about is covered.

"This house is ghost-free", or "This house will be happy", or something like that I expect is the spirit of the certification we see here.
Some people are happy with just some incense and a shrine, while others feel it's more 'official' to have a signed document with a declaration of official whatever-ness.

Just a guess.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with you one that. The official document, would serve as a physical artifact, to reinforce whatsoever had been done to the house.

My guess too ;- J

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join