It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you decode this?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

That swastika like symbol made me lean towards buhdists blessing. Obviously your more versed on this then me. Where were you an hour ago!?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Isittruee
Here. Look at the similarities. Woot. Think its some fancy font.

edit on 23-6-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

Suggestions anyone?

Of course I will bow my head in shame when I find out I'm completely wrong

In Eastern/Western (3) I see the C with the dot in it!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

I'm going to guess, just a guess, that this is a Feng Shui certificate that certifies that the house (since it was found inside a wall) has all its Feng and Shui in proper balance.

... or something quite similar to Feng Shui where a spiritual consultant comes to a home to certify that whatever superstition or kink the home owner is concerned about is covered.

"This house is ghost-free", or "This house will be happy", or something like that I expect is the spirit of the certification we see here.
Some people are happy with just some incense and a shrine, while others feel it's more 'official' to have a signed document with a declaration of official whatever-ness.

Just a guess.

Well that seems to be one helluva "guess". Although I have never heard of such a thing, I am sure something like that can/may exist.

You state it's just a guess but what led you in that direction. I must admit, it's an interesting theory.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rosinitiate

Well that seems to be one helluva "guess". Although I have never heard of such a thing, I am sure something like that can/may exist.

You state it's just a guess but what led you in that direction. I must admit, it's an interesting theory.

Comes from some passing familiarity through heritage with some Eastern superstitions and traditions.
I've never seen it actually done with something so 'modern' as a certificate with a seal of approval, but, in a sense, if you look at temple architecture in many Eastern traditions, there's signs, seals, glyphs, prayers, wards, and guardians (typically statues or paintings) all over the place.

Other more Western superstitions will do things like oil annointings on homes, or incense with prayer and holy water or something, where the more 'pagan' practices will burn sage, mumbling incantations or blessings, sacrifice a chicken or something like in santoria voodoo hoo-doo, whatever.

There's house-cleansing rituals the world round. We generally only ever hear of see any kind of representation of these kinds of rituals as distorted gibberish on scary movies, but, where there's people of faith, of any faith, there's bound to be some of the sort of devotion that rest easier with a house blessing before they move in.

It's more of a rarity in Western culture, but, it happens.

Edit: Also a thought, just as some Christians might feel a document is "more official" if written in Aramaic, Ancient Greek, or Latin, the script on the document pictured in the OP might also be a throwback ancient version of a regional dialect specific to the tradition being honored despite the modern flourish.

Still just guessing

edit on 23-6-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Bring it to a Pharmacist...they can read the most illegible of writings.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

I love your guesses!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
It's a shame this OP is not getting much traction. I would love to know what it is or is not. There has to be someone on here with some type of knowledge on the aforementioned picture.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rosinitiate

G? ABB(?)JO RJAYCHA JT RC(?) CY

JT

(?)(?)C(?)(?)C (?)TE VJVC CVJT

I don't know, but, some of it looks like regular English, only written slightly askew, making it look more foreign, like the A, B, and R characters.

Definitely interested to see if others' can crack the code.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wandering Scribe

Old Cyrillic in a weird font?

In what country was this discovered?

This appears to be written with a fountain pen. One of the features of fountain pen writing is that the print becomes lighter as the ink runs out. This would lead me to assume that this was actually written backwards and is a clue to its encoding.

I thought it might relate to the Voynich text but after investigation, it doesn't.

edit on 23/6/2013 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

The only one slightly resembling any Rune script is the end of the first "word", which resembles the Othila rune (letter O), but it isn't exact. The rest are not runic in nature.

The Voynich text is much more ornamental and flowing than this is. It's almost as if somebody took English letters, and tried to approximate the visual style of Kanji, or some other Asian script. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wandering Scribe

The only one slightly resembling any Rune script is the end of the first "word", which resembles the Othila rune (letter O), but it isn't exact. The rest are not runic in nature.

The Voynich text is much more ornamental and flowing than this is. It's almost as if somebody took English letters, and tried to approximate the visual style of Kanji, or some other Asian script. At least, that's what it looks like to me.

~ Wandering Scribe

Yes, I agree. I have edited my post to Old Cyrillic rather than Runic as it currently seems a bit closer, still I think the intention of the writer was to confuse, hence the backwards script.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

I do not think it is written backwards. The characters of line 2 (what I think look like a JT) are clearly a signing off type of thing: of, to, by, etc. They also appear on their own as word 3 in line 1, and as the last two letters of word 4 in line 3.

Line 3 itself, containing so many repetitive characters, would suggest a title, or name: Bebe, Mama, Papa, or some other kind of name.

I'm also trying to figure out if the "BB" character in word one is a double-letter, or a single letter, as it is joined by the bar overhead.

My brain's almost out of juice for deciphering the code for today though, ha ha.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

There are a number of repeating symbol's but insufficient individual words to provide a base analysis to look for the most common repetition or repeating word's, if this is not some Tibetan script it may be impossible to decipher with so few sequence of the symbols and no true paragraph, but the style and angle of the characters would indicate a right hand and I believe a left to right script.

In English the most common letter is E but to decipher an unknown language would require more data and a larger amount of script.

Has anyone run a search on the gold symbol.

Sometimes distraction is used to hide a message in plain sight but I suspect if the house was new then this is merely an innocent if weird find.

Now if the C in the symbol had a cross inside it and the floral like decoration was just that, Hmm,
edit on 23-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Looks like a document proving the legal ownership of a human slave. Saudi origin I believe.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by yamammasamonkey
Looks like a document proving the legal ownership of a human slave. Saudi origin I believe.

Wait,....huh?!

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by yamammasamonkey

Just to add to your's but I can not yet find any image of a ownership document.
www.iraq-war.ru...
www.gvnet.com...
thefederalist-gary.blogspot.co.uk...
www.wnd.com...
globetribune.info...

Can't find any image on a casual surf of any slavery documents from Arabia but they would be in worm anyway so no luck there but though it does not relate to the original thread the info above is highly disturbing especially about American and European child sex slaves held by the Saudi royal family.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
This looks like some form of certificate given to someone to identify there position or status in there group.

If you look at the last four symbols on the third line they are the same as the last four symbols before the signature on the bottom. It could be the end word of a title like grand master or dungeon master. This could mean the first line is representing "Certificate of qualification". Second line" in or as" and the third line is the name and title. The bottom line is the signing authority and signature.

If you look close at the golden wax seal the "C" looks modern and similar to the C used in the copyrights logo. The accent used on the top of the C.

As for the language used? It does not look like a real one. It looks close to J.R.R Tolkiens Tengwar language. The one he created as the elven writing. The use of the dots and lines are close.Tengwar

My guess is this was created by a group of people that were obsessed with fantasy role playing games in the 80s and were trying to create there own fantasy language like Tolkien did. There characters were given certificates for the title they earned in the game and signed by the dungeon master. Some people liked to live in there fantasy world.

It likely ended up in the wall by a older brother that hid it there during a renovation in the past.

Just a guess.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I dunno, not saying it's fake... but whatever writing or script that is, I'm definitely not familiar with it. Nor can I find anything else 100% the same online.

Originally posted by LABTECH767

Has anyone run a search on the gold symbol.

Yes.
Earlier today I tried all manners of combinations on that, coin / token / seal.. in google images, nada. Didn't get a single hit of something remotely close, so I'm at a loss. Someone might have better luck than me though, so it's worth a shot.

I do think that finding out what that coin is or represents, would be the best logical starting point here. That in turn might help to unravel the meaning or origin of whatever this thing is.

A good closeup of that coin thing is needed.
Can you have your friend get us one, OP?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where was this house's exact location? If that was known, one could use Google maps to scout the community, perhaps find some clues.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Looks like stylized middle French between Latin and French. Some of it looks familiar I will keep working on it. Looks like an invitation or honorary thing to a closed group. It also looks to have a couple hooked x's
edit on 23-6-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-6-2013 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join