It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Offender Charged With Fla. Girl's Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by uncommitted

Originally posted by Miracula
You know the part that doesn't make sense about this to me.

The moustache.

It's supposed to be an assurance of manhood and divine trust.

When non-moustache man sees a moustache man he is supposed to bow his head with respsect and know automatically that he is a man's man, and not a pedo child rapist.

And yet he is a pedo child rapist.

Is that supposed to be a serious post? May I ask how old you are to actually think that makes one slight bit of sense? If you are joking then I think you might want to consider if this is the most appropriate thread.

My bad

2nd.

posted on Jun, 24 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Although, in all seriousness. The mustache might have been a ploy. An act of deception. Which might have played a role in gaining the trust of the mother.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Sorry hasn't replied to you. Been a while since I researched on this.

We can start with wiki.

A 2002 study by the United States Department of Justice indicated that recidivism rates among sex offenders was 5.3 percent; that is, about 1 in 19 of released sex offenders were later arrested for another sex crime. The same study mentioned that 68 percent of released non-sex offenders were rearrested for any crime (both sex and non-sex offenses), while 43 percent of the released sex offenders were rearrested for any crime (and 24 percent re-convicted).

According to the Office of Justice Programs (OJP) of the United States Department of Justice,[4] in New York State the recidivism rate for sex offenders has been shown to be lower than any other crime except murder. Another report from the OJP which studied the recidivism of prisoners released in 1994 in 15 states (accounting for two-thirds of all prisoners released in the United States that year)[5] reached the same conclusion.

Within three years of release, 2.5 percent of released rapists were rearrested for another rape, and 1.2 percent of those who had served time for homicide were arrested for a new homicide. Of the 9,691 male sex offenders released from prisons in 15 US states in 1994, 5.3 percent were rearrested for a new sex crime within 3 years of release.

Source

There are plenty of studies out there but I'm too lazy right now to find them.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Deaf Alien

Thank you. The 3 in 100 ratio may have just been for my state, I'm not sure.

I can't discuss this any further due to certain rules that could get me in trouble. I had to ask the MODS to delete some of my previous posts, and certain paragraphs in others too.

So, if any new members come along and read the thread they will wonder what some of the people are talking about in their replies to me.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Smith pleaded guilty to misdemeanor charges in that case and was released from jail May 31.

Explains why he was out at least. Still, when coupled with his earlier conviction (attempted kidnapping), they really should have seen that this guy was not safe to go back in society. The system failed horribly here. Why aren't these guys castrated and given libido-reducing medication, etc.? Sick puppies.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Having read the article, the following can be stated:
There are many problems that are mentioned in this article about this case that we should stop and take a deep breath. The fact of the case are that this man, met the woman and her child, then took them to Walmart to purchase them clothing, then took them out to eat lunch and finally took the girl, after which the child ended up dead.

Now those are the fact and it brings to mind questions that should be addressed.
The first is the point of the penitentiary system. Why is it not doing its job? Why are criminals not being better prepared for life outside of prison? Why are they not working on rehabilitating the inmates to not return and to be law abiding citizens in society?
It seems that the system has failed, and that jail and prison are no longer the places to be feared, where there are repeat offenders that progressively get worse and worse.
But on the flip side of the coin, the questions about the mother should also be asked. Why parent in their right mind would trust a total stranger, that comes out of the blue to offer assistance? After all the old adage, if something seems too good to be true, it usually is, and in this case, it was. What parent does not take the time to be a bit over protective of their child, and let a person, who they just met go off with their child?

It was the height of irresponsibility on the part of the mother for allowing for this to happen, and at the same time, it also harms society as well, when good deeds will not be questioned and people will start to distrust their neighbor or even someone willing to lend a helping hand.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   
A sex offender is not the same as a child molester,

grabbing someones ass while drunk or making a comment about how sexy they are can turn into sex offender status easy, and is not to be compared to the act of violating or victimizing a child.

someone can become a sex offender simply for being a pervert with a big mouth, while being 100% innocent of any crimes against children. A woman taking a crass joke the wrong way could turn someone into a sex offender if they really push the issue, so relating sex offenders to child molesters is a gross over generalization.

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NamelessOne

I agree with your post. I see this at my workplace all the time.

Some day these people are going to be joking around with the wrong person, and... Uh-Oh!

What seems like joking conversation to one can be taken as very offensive to another. People need to just keep their mouths shut, and their hands to themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join