It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sex Offender Charged With Fla. Girl's Death

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:50 AM
link   
This sickens me to the core of my being! Why are these people released back into society? He was only released recently, and already god only knows what he did to this poor child before killing her!
This makes me madder than hell!!!

What's wrong with our justice system? Something needs to be changed to keep these perverts off the street!

My heart goes out to this sweet little girl's mother. Life will never be the same for her again.

news.yahoo.com...

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) —
A registered sex offender recently released from jail was charged Saturday with murder in the death of an 8-year-old Florida girl abducted while shopping with her mother.
Donald James Smith of Jacksonville was taken into custody after police cornered his white van on Interstate 95, said Mike Williams, director of investigations at the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
Prior to the alleged abduction Friday night, Smith, 56, befriended Charish and her mother at a dollar store, and "offered to take them to Wal-Mart and buy her family some clothes," Williams said. "They appeared to be down on their luck and he could help them out."
After spending a couple hours inside the Wal-Mart together, Smith offered to buy hamburgers and walked with Charish to the front of the store, Williams said. Instead of stopping to buy the snack, Smith walked Charish outside and the two of them got into his van, Williams said.

edit on 6/23/2013 by sled735 because: addition to post

edit on Sun Jun 23 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:09 AM
link   
It is difficult for me to express my disgust and outrage that monsters like this are allowed back into the community and remain within the site's T & Cs.

Perhaps the best solution is 2 emoticons

There has to be something that can be done to keep these people away from the children permanently.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   
This really saddens me.
Her poor Mother. I don't know how you recover from losing your child in this manner.

He needed to be put away for life with no parole on his first conviction. All sex offenders should, because they all repeat their crimes. They never rehabilitate,

This child wouldn't be dead if he had been locked up for good the first time.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

Unfortunately, creepers like this will never be off the streets. Regardless if he was released or not. Another one or ten, will take his place. It's sad. People like this should be jailed for life, or sentenced to death. It's an inexcusable crime to act on such sick perversions. Let alone, kill an innocent little girl.

It's too bad he won't get placed in General Population.
I'm sure they would be able to give him a little perspective, that years in a confined cell or lethal injection couldn't come close to delivering.

Honestly, in cases like this -
I think it's only right the 'offender' be locked in a cell with the family members for a day. It could save taxpayers the money, and potentially eradicate another pedophile from the face of the planet.

F*** that guy.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by iunlimited491

I totally agree!

Some SERIOUS punishment needs to be inflicted on these monsters! Maybe we should make it mandatory that anyone committing a sexual offense gets their tally whacker cut off!
Then throw them in a cell with the family, then throw them in general population prison; save the tax payers huge amounts of money keeping their sorry a** up!

Sex offenders are highly frowned upon, even in prison... "things" happen.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I share your outrage and disgust. What a manipulator, grooming his victims and scheming to separate the child from her mother so he can act out his depraved fantasy.

We must never ever let our guard down. It's been my experience that people are mostly opportunists and rare is the truly selfless person who gives and does not expect something back in return.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
This sickens me to the core of my being! Why are these people released back into society?

Because the prison industrial complex has to make room in the prisons for all the non violent offenders. I read this last night and was absolutely disgusted. There is nothing wrong with this man that a rope or bullet wouldn't cure quickly and cost effectively.

The sad thing is that this happens far too often. These people can not be rehabilitated, they are sick beyond sick and their desire to be with young children will never subside. I have seen various discussions about performing chemical castrations and such on these monsters to insure their urges are subdued, that would only work if the are castrated at the neck.

It is a sad day in our country when we allow those who do harm to our children, the future of our society to be free to walk the streets. I say have a lynch mob show up at his court hearing and let true justice prevail.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
We could start holding the parole board members accountable criminally if they release a convict and he commits another crime within 5 years. However many years the convict gets on the new offense the board members gets the same.

Or if they insist on paroling a sex offender, then a board member has to rent a room in their own home for 12 months before released into the general public.

I'm guessing either one of these options would reduce the number of criminals released.
edit on 23-6-2013 by Carreau because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I totally agree with every post. But I have to say that this mother has learned a very hard lesson: NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER let your child walk away with someone you don't know. EVER.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I read this story yesterday and feel the same as you. He should not have been released period.

I have to say though as a mom I am equally pissed off at this mother for being so stupid. I don't care that she is probably devasted now and forever will be GOOD. Under no circumstances would I have let my child leave my sight with a strange period. The fact that he wanted to take them shopping making them leave one location to go another is a huge red flag. this guy was a predator and any good mother would see that right away. Children get kidnapped all too often when the parent was looking the other way but this lady willingly watched her child walk away with a stranger. A child had to suffer because the mom was more worried about getting freebies than her own flesh and blood. I hate this mom and I hope she suffers tormentedly for years to come.

Parents watch your children predators will take them right out of your arms if you let them.

Get a crucifix for this scumbag and then burn his flesh right the frack off his bones on live television and watch those scumbag predators start thinking a little bit harder about right and wrong and consequences.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
This story is just so repulsive..........the only solace I can get from this, is, that when the people in prison get wind of what he did, the parents in prison who can not see their children, will make him pay, and making him pay dearly is not enough. My heart goes out to the parents of the little girl.

If it were me, I'd befriend some people in the prison he will be in. A pack of cigarettes goes a long way.......if you get my drift.

ETA: Guys in prison DO NOT LIKE sexual predators, especially ones who hurt little children. Or so I've been told.
edit on 23-6-2013 by thepolish1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

My husband is down in Jacksonville working and has been telling me about the story. He says people are just tore up about it around there. It's so sad!

It's getting to where you can't trust anyone any more. When my kids were growing up I never let them out of my sight in a store, even if we went there with other people, and I'm the same with my grandchild. It's sad that even people who seem nice and act like they want to help have to be eyed with suspicion and distrust. What is happening to society?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I totally agree with previous posters here in their appraisal of this demented animal.Obviously our prison system is as corrupt and useless as our government"leaders"in Washington.There MUST be better screening of these baby raping killers IF they should be released EVER.Personally I'm for forced castration or life in prison and parole boards to be personally liable for screw ups like this that cost a little girl her life,her family's grief for the rest of their lives.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I do not blame muslims when they execute rape attackers !
USA should do something, the rate of rape attacks is boosting to moon.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
i posted before i truly thought , or put myself in the victims place, my apologies
edit on 23-6-2013 by chopperswolf because: cause i said stupid things
my original post was not a good illustration of the point i was trying to convey. the punishments for crimes our societies judges have not always fit the crime, and we should refrain from trying to lump all sex offenders under one form of punishment, that being said,, i feel that this man deserves the death penalty if convicted.. but who am i to judge?
edit on 23-6-2013 by chopperswolf because: statement needed clarifying

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by chopperswolf

Even if you're posting that as a response to the post on top of yours, do you realize you're comparing drug users to a child rapist and murder? Your little rant is misguided and has no place. Sorry you hate muslims more than child rapists. You probably make great decisions and are lovely company.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Ummm, did you really just compare child rapists and murderers to Atheists, and Wiccans and a book among other silly comparisons?

Im flabberghasted by your post...clearly moronic.

Huge difference between someone who takes a child and abuses them in unspeakable manners then discardes their lifeless body like a sack of potatoes and a person who chooses to not believe in a god or to one who puts fourth reverance for mother nautre, or tsk tsk a cheating husband/wife who has consentual sex with an ADULT.

smh, like seriously wow.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

In my book you are even sicker than the disgusting person who committed this crime .

The amount of Hate you spout can only come from an amoral sociopath .

IMHO the World would be better off without you .

Spout on you Psycho .

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have kids, and no matter what, I would NEVER let them go with a stranger.

Period.

Dont matter if I was down on my luck, or had millions.

This man deserves the death Penalty.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join