It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at 1 Atlanta Address

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Looks to me like the IRS is funding terrorist

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

The inspector general has investigated. He found a problem.

The big question is: How does a government that has no problem recording and storing our emails and phone calls have such difficulty in taking care of a known problem?

I say known because this is not a new problem. There have been multiple threads here about the ITIN problem.... and they are not new.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

This is so ridiculous. Another fine example of how incompetent our federal govt is. How do you send almost 50 million dollars to 1 address? I bet there will be no investigation & no one will be fired, suspended, or written up.

It's totally cool if the IRS makes massive mistakes but god help the American citizen if they screw up their tax forms.

US govt earns another

And people still think Ron Paul would have been a bad president

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
There was a video about a guy collecting the child tax refunds for nephews and neices not even living in the USA they were from Mexico. I think he collected for 15 kids!
Illegals break our laws on many levels.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
There was a video about a guy collecting the child tax refunds for nephews and neices not even living in the USA they were from Mexico. I think he collected for 15 kids!

This is one from Indiana.

For those who want "proof', here you go.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana

In Processing Year 2011, the IRS processed more than 2.9 million ITIN tax returns resulting in tax refunds of $6.8 billion.

I was unable to find any complete totals of fraud in the report, but the above quote should indicate the possible scope of the problem.

So there were 2.9 million "entities" who could not qualify for a SSN but still felt the need to file a tax return in 2012?
How many didn't feel the need? Quite the mind twister!

As to the IRS and tax exemptions, I wish they would delay or refuse every one of them. There should be no exemptions for anyone, or there should be exemptions for everyone in my opinion. Fair is fair.

They do not qualify for SSN for a very simple reason. SSNs are assigned to US citizens - ITIN's are required for foreigners (either working here or persons abroad that have effectively connected income in the US)

Some of the tax exemptions are given under treaty with the country in which the foreigner is a resident. It is designed to eliminate double taxation on same income. If they pay tax in their country on same income taxed in the US - they are allowed to take credit for it on their US tax return.

This particular issue (organized crime within the ITIN program) was addressed last June when the IRS re-wrote the rules for issuing ITINs. Unfortunately, now people that have legal reasons for having these numbers now must jump through hoops of fire to obtain them.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by sonnny1

You asked:

Do you think any Liberal based Non Profit was being looked at? I don't.

And there were. So, please, get off your cross.

Back to the topic, we apparently, have illegals receiving tax refunds. Now, I don't buy this story at all for a few reasons. For one, illegals don't have valid SSNs, often times they use either one SSN among many, or they randomly make up numbers, or they take numbers from citizens.

Now, if they take numbers from other citizens, like yourself (if you are a citizen, I don't know, haven't seen your birth certificate) the owner of that number, would get a letter from the IRS claiming that they underfilled. Often times though, illegals just claim 9 on their tax forms so that no federal taxes are taken out. If they aren't just paid under the table completely.

It did happen and it did cost upwards of 6 billion. They are obtaining ITINs (International Taxpayer Identification Number). They did it using fraudulent passports. The sole purpose was to obtain tax credits without having any income. To claim the tax credits, they had to have addresses in the US.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Thanks for posting the vid. I was on my way out earlier and didn't have time. This is the kind of thing that makes your blood boil. One of the many reasons I am against illegal immigration.They break laws just coming here and continue breaking them.

Most of the illegal women that I used to work with would lie saying they are a one income household when in fact they were not. They had food stamps, cheap housing etc. These people were all above the poverty limit. I don't appreciate the decietfulness of these people. I don't appreciate how they get away with breaking laws and I certaintly don't appreciate how the government wants to reward these people with amnesty. If a citizen breaks a law, they pay the consequences. It is time that the illegals start paying for their own consequences instead of being above the law and other people.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
CNS News. Oh it must be true, then.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   

I wonder if the recipients were IRS Employees???

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jtap66

Here is a link to a foxnews article from August 2012. The IRS internal report came out in April/May and they changed the system on June 25, 2012.

IRS ITIN Investigation

Many people have known about this for quite some time, this is not "new" news.

I know, because I submitted applications for clients on June 21, 2012 that were subsequently delayed.

It was a battle to the death with IRS - only in March 2013 did I received the numbers.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Rochester because: additional information

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by sonnny1

Just a little truth for you, cause you obviously missed it, this is why those TEA Party organizations were under such scrutiny from the IRS...

Exemption requirements: 501(c)(3) organizations
To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Thats for the 501(c)(3) exemption;
501(c)(4), however -

501(c)(4) organizations may inform the public on controversial subjects and attempt to influence legislation relevant to its program[38] and, unlike 501(c)(3) organizations, they may also participate in political campaigns and elections, as long as its primary activity is the promotion of social welfare.[
Exemption requirements: 501(c)(3) organizations

(underline added just in case you missed it)

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

If this is true, (not saying it is, cause the "news" site this is from is highly dubious), IF it's true, there needs to be some serious investigation going on.
edit on 22-6-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/22/2013 by ISeeTheFnords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

I wonder if the recipients were IRS Employees???

who knows !

I bet for sure that many are "employed" by contractors that service government facilities.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Originally posted by Night Star

This is one from Indiana.

For those who want "proof', here you go.

I suddenly found out I am the father of 20 kids in Mexico.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sean

Good luck with the childsupport.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   

reply to post by sean

They only exists on paper, but don't tell the IRS that.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by sean

reply to post by sean

They only exists on paper, but don't tell the IRS that.

No doubt the paper trail is only good when you recieve money..........

Love the response btw.......

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
This isn't 'a mistake', this is epic fraud on so many levels.

Are they telling us that the US TAX service has zero checks of numbers of people at a residential home or checks of sizes of refunds to one address?

Surely there's some sort of accumulated check on refunds?

So for me this is long past a mistake and its purely down to just high up this distributing of funds goes, when countries depend on taxes coming in and yet seem to be venting them at a HUGE rate to one address (that we know of so far) then someone is allowing this to happen.

Where is the money going, to Syrian rebels?

Some crackpot dictator?

A backhander for a Saudi Prince?

Wow, the Obama system which he overviews has simply no control on anything it seems, TPTB are controlling all this very well, pushing everywhere to the point of world war as they want to, destroying economies everywhere so they can wait for it all to come to pass and then pick up the ruins and run it how they want to.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

Westboro Baptist Church*. And I'm not sure that anyone thinks they dont hate enough. I'm actually pretty sure that when the KKK shows up to tell you to respect something, you are probably the most wrong you can be.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by THE666OCCULT

I was being facetious, simply making a commentary on the mentality of the hard line right towards people of different beliefs, ethnicities, and origins.

Many on the right believe anyone of Latin decent is automatically illegal. Many on the right also believe that if you are Latino in this country, the phrase "Innocent till proven guilty" does not apply to you. Even going so far as to think it's appropriate to arrest anyone of Latino decent, until such time as they can prove that they are in this country legally. (this from the same people who believe that Obama wasn't born in Hawaii as his birth certificate proves)

This is also from the same people who believe that voter fraud is rampant, mistaking voter registration fraud for voter fraud.

With this mentality in place so ingrained in the right wing belief system, it makes me seriously skeptical about anything they post.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join