It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IRS Sent $46,378,040 in Refunds to 23,994 ‘Unauthorized’ Aliens at 1 Atlanta Address

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by sonnny1

Just a little truth for you, cause you obviously missed it, this is why those TEA Party organizations were under such scrutiny from the IRS...

Exemption requirements: 501(c)(3) organizations
To be tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, an organization must be organized and operated exclusively for exempt purposes set forth in section 501(c)(3), and none of its earnings may inure to any private shareholder or individual. In addition, it may not be an action organization, i.e., it may not attempt to influence legislation as a substantial part of its activities and it may not participate in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Exemption requirements: 501(c)(3) organizations

Nope, I didn't miss it.

Do you think any Liberal based Non Profit was being looked at? I don't.

Because none of them could have.......

Participated in any campaign activity for or against political candidates.

Right?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Actually, they were...

www.dailykos.com...#

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 22-6-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

Actually, they were...

www.dailykos.com...#

www.bloomberg.com...
edit on 22-6-2013 by HauntWok because: (no reason given)

Ironic.

Three.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

You asked:

And there were. So, please, get off your cross.

Back to the topic, we apparently, have illegals receiving tax refunds. Now, I don't buy this story at all for a few reasons. For one, illegals don't have valid SSNs, often times they use either one SSN among many, or they randomly make up numbers, or they take numbers from citizens.

Now, if they take numbers from other citizens, like yourself (if you are a citizen, I don't know, haven't seen your birth certificate) the owner of that number, would get a letter from the IRS claiming that they underfilled. Often times though, illegals just claim 9 on their tax forms so that no federal taxes are taken out. If they aren't just paid under the table completely.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

You might as well quit with your rhetoric. This is not the first post you have made like this. The tea party are constitutionalist. They do not work on political lines. It is just the fact that your party of choice wants to shred the constitution. Independent voter my butt. You are a progressive and any one with half a brain knows it.

To the op nothing that the I.R.S. does surprises me any more. Just look at their leader. It is the same old story that crap flows down hill. This entire administration is full of it.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:13 AM
link   

reply to post by sonnny1

You asked:

And there were. So, please, get off your cross.

Back to the topic, we apparently, have illegals receiving tax refunds. Now, I don't buy this story at all for a few reasons. For one, illegals don't have valid SSNs, often times they use either one SSN among many, or they randomly make up numbers, or they take numbers from citizens.

Now, if they take numbers from other citizens, like yourself (if you are a citizen, I don't know, haven't seen your birth certificate) the owner of that number, would get a letter from the IRS claiming that they underfilled. Often times though, illegals just claim 9 on their tax forms so that no federal taxes are taken out. If they aren't just paid under the table completely.

Yes, you gave me "three". I'm impressed on the "scrutiny" of the Liberal Non Profits....... I see you are too. Enough to give me the "proof" to prove your point. Too bad the cross cant bear any of them because the Tea Party has to bear the blunt of the IRS's anger........

On topic. You say you are not buying it.

Here's the proof from the Government.

Source: IRS Refund File for Processing Year 2011 through Cycle 48 (November 25, 2011).

I mean you give me a news article showing me "proof" of three Progressive Non Profits being looked at, and I can believe it, but the Government giving you proof is not enough for you?

Hmmmm...........

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I thought standard book keeping and accounting practices sort of ruled this huge a take out of the ballpark long ago........
The sloth must be reallt thick and slimy in the halls of IRS.
How the heaven the hell does anyone NOT catch onto such irregularities???
Pretty obvious that a whole bunch of illegal aliens didnt pull this off......
This has the smell of organised criminals.
and inside help even?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Diisenchanted
The tea party are constitutionalist. They do not work on political lines.

What the hell is that supposed to mean?

The Tea Party is a political movement, and actively involved with politics. It was created by the Koch Brothers.

It has sponsored protests and supported political candidates since 2009.

It is bankrolled by the Koch brothers.

The group behind the Tea Party is FreedomWorks, which is also bankrolled by the Koch brothers.
edit on 22/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Diisenchanted

You might as well quit with your rhetoric. This is not the first post you have made like this. The tea party are constitutionalist. They do not work on political lines. It is just the fact that your party of choice wants to shred the constitution. Independent voter my butt. You are a progressive and any one with half a brain knows it.

In the modern political environment, I guess I would be classified as a progressive. So would anyone who isn't hard line right in this country anymore.

Real center of the aisle politics is what it is. The right however, has moved so far right, that anyone who isn't a theocratic, xenophobic, homophobic, gun fellatiateing, oligarch is considered a progressive. Hell, in this modern political environment, the Hillsborough Baptist Church freaks are looked upon with scorn for not hating enough.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by links234

Offshore accounts lose the US $150 billion annually.

Unfortunately, our government can match that number in the amount it sends out annually in error and improper payments. In the last two years the government has only been able to recapture $4.4 Billion of it back.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Auzzie your opinion means nothing.

Stay out of U.S. politics. It is views like yours that are the problem. Be a progressive in your own country!

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by links234
reply to post by xuenchen

I did. Well...no, I read the article you linked to. I didn't read the IG report.

So you're saying that over twenty thousand individuals used the same address to get ~$2,000 each. How is that any differenty than the Ugland house in the Cayman's with 18,000 'entities' for tax purposes? How is that any different than the 285,000+ business' in the single story 1209 North Orange Street Wilmington, Delaware building?

Offshore accounts lose the US $150 billion annually.

Why is it that conservatives are more worried about one person taking $2,000 (even if they have a right to it), but are fine with one company hiding $20,000? Explain that to me.

If you consider this newsworthy I'm sure you'll be fascinated at the pothole down the street from my house.

Short answer;

The problem of offshore accounts that earn interest and business income in foreign countries are not the same as the problem of individuals who earn income 'illegally' in the U.S. and claim dependents who may or may not even be legitimate dependents for one example.

Big companies that have foreign income are not paying tax on monies that stay in the foreign country.

If they intended to 'hide' that income, they would simply set up foreign companies that wouldn't link to them. In fact that would be easier wouldn't it?

And all that may in fact be 'wrong', but how would your fantasy system of economics rectify that and what benefits would that produce for taxpayers in your fantasy country?

You are comparing two things that are not all that related.

Why is it that Liberals are inflicted with frostbitten jealousy?

These refunds are coming from U.S. taxpayers, not foreign governments, and the totals are substantial in whole.

again, read the report

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   

So change your avatar.

It is a blatant lie.

Your progressive views are tainted. The same problem our government is having right now. Hence the whole I.R.S. scandal.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

If this is true,
some major housecleaning is necessary.

S&F

major funding is necessary for auditing agents...but that won't happen, because it's easier to hate on the IRS and keep cutting their budget. the tax cheats will just increase in number

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

So change your avatar.

It is a blatant lie.

Your progressive views are tainted. The same problem our government is having right now. Hence the whole I.R.S. scandal.

there is no IRS scandal. there are people with political agendas trying to cheat the government out of paying taxes using the 501c4, light was shown on these groups, and they got bitchy

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

Originally posted by Wildmanimal

If this is true,
some major housecleaning is necessary.

S&F

major funding is necessary for auditing agents...but that won't happen, because it's easier to hate on the IRS and keep cutting their budget. the tax cheats will just increase in number

but what about the cheats that are within the IRS?

and what about the cheats that direct the IRS?

""the tax cheats will just increase in number""

maybe that's the real plan.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

IRS Abuse- Criminal

If you ever had any doubts concerning the morally depraved and illegal activities of IRS employees, the U.S. Court of Appeals case Dixon v. U.S. [91 AFTR 2d 2003-569 (9th Cir. 2003)] filed January 17, 2003, should strike fear in your heart.

The U.S. Court of Appeals remanded this case twice and finally, on the taxpayer's fourth appeal, the U.S. Court of Appeals decided to reverse the U.S. Tax Court's decision based on intentional acts of fraud, perjury, witness tampering, secret IRS payoffs, and secret IRS deals that favored some taxpayers and damaged others. All of these acts were perpetrated by corrupt IRS employees and attorneys. Even more reprehensible is the fact the top brass at IRS awarded the corrupt attorneys large monetary bonuses for their efforts to win this case at all costs. If this had happened in the private sector, the above acts would have been referred to as payoffs or bribes.

privateaudio.homestead.com...

The real question is, when has there NOT been an IRS scandal going on?!

edit on 22-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx

So change your avatar.

It is a blatant lie.

there is no IRS scandal. there are people with political agendas trying to cheat the government out of paying taxes using the 501c4, light was shown on these groups, and they got bitchy

yes of course,

of course.

the "IRS scandal" is self inflicted.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

Contract from America

Main article: Contract from America

The Contract from America was the idea of Houston-based lawyer Ryan Hecker. He stated that he developed the concept of creating a grassroots call for reform prior to the April 15, 2009, Tax Day Tea Party rallies. To promote his idea, he launched a website, ContractFromAmerica.com, which encouraged people to offer possible planks for the contract. The top ten planks were decided by online voting at Hecker's website (approval rates shown in parentheses below):
1.Identify constitutionality of every new law: Require each bill to identify the specific provision of the Constitution that gives Congress the power to do what the bill does (82.03%).
2.Reject emissions trading: Stop the "cap and trade" administrative approach used to control pollution by providing economic incentives for achieving reductions in the emissions of pollutants. (72.20%).
3.Demand a balanced federal budget: Begin the Constitutional amendment process to require a balanced budget with a two-thirds majority needed for any tax modification. (69.69%)
4.Simplify the tax system: Adopt a simple and fair single-rate tax system by scrapping the internal revenue code and replacing it with one that is no longer than 4,543 words – the length of the original Constitution. (64.9%).
5.Audit federal government agencies for constitutionality: Create a Blue Ribbon taskforce that engages in an audit of federal agencies and programs, assessing their Constitutionality, and identifying duplication, waste, ineffectiveness, and agencies and programs better left for the states or local authorities. (63.37%).
6.Limit annual growth in federal spending: Impose a statutory cap limiting the annual growth in total federal spending to the sum of the inflation rate plus the percentage of population growth. (56.57%).
7.Repeal the health care legislation passed on March 23, 2010: De-fund, repeal, and replace the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. (56.39%).
8.Pass an "all-of-the-above" energy policy: Authorize the exploration of additional energy reserves to reduce American dependence on foreign energy sources and reduce regulatory barriers to all other forms of energy creation. (55.5%).
9.Reduce earmarks: Place a moratorium on all earmarks until the budget is balanced, and then require a two-thirds majority to pass any earmark. (55.47%).
10.Reduce taxes: Permanently repeal all recent tax increases, and extend permanently the George W. Bush temporary reductions in income tax, capital gains tax, and estate taxes, then scheduled to end in 2011. (53.38%).

Though the Tea Party Patriots asked both Democrats and Republicans to sign on to the Contract, no Democrats signed, and the contract met resistance from a number of Republicans, who subsequently created the Pledge to America. Brendan Buck, a spokesman for that agenda explained that the Contract was too narrow in focus, and not exactly what the Republican party would include in its own top-10 list of priorities.[32] Candidates in the 2010 elections who signed the Contract from America included Utah's Mike Lee, Nevada's Sharron Angle, Sen. Coburn (R-OK), and Sen. DeMint (R-SC).[33]

The source for that is Wikipedia.

I told you they do not go on party lines they asked both republicans and democrats to join. The democrats refused. Why? It is simple they have no interest in the constitution!

I stick to my guns. The tea party movement is a constitutional movement.

The Koch brothers were not involved in the tea party movement in the beginning.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Okay, let's look at the granddaddy of them all: ACORN.

Nationally it was a 501(c)(4) that performed lobbying and the local offices were 501(c)(3) nonpartisan charities....OOPS, we can throw that whole political thing out the window now about what tax exempt groups get away with what.

Considering that ACORN was partially funded by the Federal Government itself, you have to wonder who was paying for votes with taxpayer dollars to gain the support of this "tax exempt organization" that directed its members and community supporters towards the talking points of various politicians, let alone that it pushed its own members into elected offices as well.

So let's at least be intellectually honest about what we call a political organization and what tax exempt ones have political activities that should fall under the same scrutiny.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join