It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Flouride In Our Water Wasn't Enough

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I know this topics already been done many times but thought this one would be different because it's from a 15 year-olds perspective. For everyone out there who didn't know about this fluoride is in our tap water. This is called water fluoridation. The American gov. states that it is used to prevent tooth decay in people which is a true statement if your only gargling that water, but what they don't tell you is that when swallowed it can affect your brain and body in a couple of ways. One is that it can calm people down so that things don't affect them as much. Another is that it can lower intelligence which would explain my generations intelligence. Now I'm not just stating a non-proven conspiracy, this has been approved by the gov. and the W.H.O. they just try not to say to much about it as not to scare citizens. What's crazy about this is this was also done in Nazi camps so they were less likely to riot against them but it was used in a larger percentage then is used for American citizens.

Now, this seems bad, but compared to what there thinking of putting in, this is nothing. They have started thinking about putting lithium into our tap water! For all you out there who don't know what lithium is it's a mood-stabilizing drug used for patients with a bipolar disorder, a strong diagnosis of depression, extreme cases of psychosis, and other major psychiatric disorders. They're saying there going to use it to hopefully stop more suicides in citizens. Now this to me is a little much, seeing how they're now going to drug every citizen of the United States without there consent and for many the knowledge of it even happening. Do they even realize what they're going to do to the health of people in America?

There are many horrible side effects of lithium and all are horrible. Some are hypothyroidism which slows down your metabolism which is not good for people with low self esteem which can lead to suicide, it can lead to clinical depression which can lead to suicide, it can lead to diabetes insipidus which is where your kidneys putting more water into your urine making you dehydrated, it can cause nystagmus which is an involuntary movement of the eye which is usually cured by abstinence of the drug for several months which would be hard to do since tap water is used usually many times throughout the day, and one of the worst is it can cause birth defects in newborns and one of the biggest defects are heart defects. Now, this can be stopped by switching out the lithium with another drug or by using a sort of antitoxin. The only problem is you wouldn't know if the pregnant woman is in need of the antitoxin. The only safe way would be to administer it to all pregnant women which can't be good for the mother or child.

Sometimes I just don't understand what our government is thinking. There is no reason to use it if it's side effects outnumber what's good about it. What's crazy to me is that one of the side effects are what there trying to stop so they may save a few people, but more are likely to do it. I hope I'm not the only one who sees it this way. I really wish the news wasn't controlled and would come out and say something about this.
edit on 6/21/2013 by CKBURNS because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by CKBURNS
The American gov. states that it is used to prevent tooth decay

I remember when we had a fluoride program in school where they'd have us all line up, swish, and spit. Even as a tot I couldn't figure out why the government cared so much about my teeth.

(Btw, you should include cited sources next time)
edit on 21-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Now, this seems bad, but compared to what there thinking of putting in, this is nothing. They have started thinking about putting lithium into our tap water!

Sources please.

There was a thread some time back where *ONE* guy suggested it might be worthwhile in some specific cases, but you're making the assertion that it is wider.

Edit - this thread, from 2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 21-6-2013 by alfa1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Really?! I've never heard of that, that seems to be bringing it a little to far.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   
This is from 2009.

Researchers examined levels of lithium in drinking water and suicide rates in the prefecture of Oita, which has a population of more than one million.

The suicide rate was significantly lower in those areas with the highest levels of the element, they wrote in the British Journal of Psychiatry. High doses of lithium are already used to treat serious mood disorders.

But the team from the universities of Oita and Hiroshima found that even relatively low levels appeared to have a positive impact of suicide rates.

Levels ranged from 0.7 to 59 micrograms per litre. The researchers speculated that while these levels were low, there may be a cumulative protective effect on the brain from years of drinking this tap water.

BBC

Serenity/firefly comes to mind and how the reavers where created by the goverment
mass medication on the population to keep them docile

edit on 21/6/2013 by skuly because: adding

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Really?! I've never heard of that, that seems to be bringing it a little to far.

Some schools in the US have been doing it for a long time.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by skuly

Wow, it doesn't seem like we're to far from that.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

I'm glad I don't go to those schools!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by skuly
This is from 2009.

But you managed to censor out this part of the article:

...but they stopped short of any suggestion that lithium be added to drinking water.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
These 'experts' need their own psychiatrists is what I think. Sure there are suicides and that's a tragic thing. The answer isn't to dope the public though. Oh, yes, it will solve the problem. Heck, they could just put outright tranquilizers in the water and violent crime would drop dramatically too, but at what cost? What would this do to the next Einstein who never will be for the foggy brained thinking the State has induced? What of the next Louis Pasteur, and I do say, a man we need another couple of right now when one looks at the state of emerging disease at the moment.

Everyone dies. I know.. Hard hard reality. Every last one of us...without a single exception...WILL die though. Just a fact of life that it's a 100% fatal condition. So putting the whole on downers to prevent the unpreventable is science gone totally mad with power tripping leadership to support the run.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I remember when we had a fluoride program in school where they'd have us all line up, swish, and spit. Even as a tot I couldn't figure out why the government cared so much about my teeth.

They were running a similar program here when i was in grade school, the water is not fluoridated here mind you, but I had to get my parents consent to opt out, which I did. topical application is ok, so that program is actually good, ingesting fluoride is not good and doesn't help you teeth and can actually lead to teeth problems.

Outside of Alex Jones' incessant ranting, I haven't seen any sources to back up the claim that the government has even considered lithium. then again I tend to lapse into a trance like coma once he starts going off and can't hear him.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I notice it all the time. Kids are getting lazier and less intelligent. I notice it getting worse and worse and it sucks because I'm even starting to notice it in myself and I don't like the idea of it slowing me down.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by CKBURNS

Yeah... That's scary, isn't it? I've also noticed it in myself and my own thinking. I suppose I should feel fortunate that it's not been enough to prevent me from even realizing a change has occurred. We can see it in society though. What happened weeks ago is distant in meaning. What happened months? History. Last year? Hell..that's so far in the past, outrage is all but pointless and only a moron lives in "the past". That never used to be how our minds worked or how our perspectives as people were formed. It is now. Everyone is just hanging on to watch the 6 inches in front of their nose and oblivious to what has come even a few feet behind. It's really scary to see and realize it's happening ....while it's happening.

edit on 21-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It's nice to see I'm not the only one who thinks like that. That's why I like ATS, it actually has people who pay attention to what's happened, what's happening, and what's going to happen. Our society is just to worried about who Justin Bieber is dating this week, literally! I was visiting someone at the hospital the other day and someone in the waiting room was talking to there father for a half hour about who he's dating and why. Really?! I don't see how that's important at all and shouldn't even need to be discussed! How about instead you talk about how drones have been watching American citizens for a while now and it wasn't know to most people. Keep on going ATS! DENY IGNORANCE!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The good old "pink stuff" looking back now it was really odd. Videos with tooth superheroes and villainous cavities. It all now seems very creepy.

new topics

top topics

join