It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elisa Lam Death Accidental: LA Coroner

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lunarian
Wasn't the door leading to the roof locked and required a key to open? I swear I remember reading something about that. Another thing that was creepy was the whole Elisa Lam, Lam-Elisa connection. Lam-Elisa is the name of a test that can determine whether or not someone as TB. And there just so happened to be a TB outbreak in the area a few days prior to her arrival at the hotel.

www.biomedcentral.com...

www.mmrp.org...

clinicaltrials.gov...

cvi.asm.org...

If this is true, it's strange. In fact, the entire case is strange.
B

Several fire escapes leading to the roof remained unlocked, regardless of whether the roof door was or not really doesn't matter. And if you search the white pages there are several elisa lams in the US, surely a coincidence. There are several unanswered questions yes, but this is not some TB outbreak related cover up somehow.... that's just silly.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheCrimsonGhost

The fire escape never crossed my mind, that would explain how she got up there. Though I never meant to imply that there was a consiracy here, just that it was a creepy coincidence.
edit on 21-6-2013 by Lunarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Some of you are not paying attention or just enjoy entertaining wild rumors and speculation for the heck of it. I hate repeating myself. THIS link points to the possible killer or one that knows what happened!.

The very first post, made on the 18th of February. Everyone of the posters there agree this person must be the killer. Simply translate the page on Google translate. xian.mop.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

I understand. Something weird certainly took place, but I'm 99% sure it had nothing to do with TB, and after reading several other threads with people saying this story was somehow related to the TB outbreak just because of her name, I was a bit annoyed. Didn't mean to come across as a jerk to you. As for the post mentioned above on the Chinese blog.... I'm not buying it, there are too many ways to modify date and timestamps, and sometimes they don't even need to be modified cause they are just plain incorrect on their own. For all we know the owner of the page did it, or it was just wrong. It seems an absurd assumption that the killer would post this 2 weeks after killing her and also the day before she was found. Doesn't add up for me. Again, something odd took place, obviously, whether it was foul play or just the result of a sick girl turned suicidal, we may never know without more evidence. The thing I want to know the most is in regards to her clothing, I don't know if they found her clothes or not. If they didn't, then that to me would indicate someone else must have been there.. if her clothes were just there next to the tank... maybe she did kill herself, who knows, but I think just jumping off the building would be an easier and more surefire way of offing oneself. A truly strange story, and we will probably never know what really happened up there.
edit on 6/22/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I'm not asking you to 'buy' anything. The fact is that post was made on the 18th. Nothing was modified. It's not a screenshot of the forum. That IS the forum! You can't modify it! That would be like me saying your post and the date it was made is possibly modified! That would be silly wouldn't it? If you know how to read ( and it seems you do), you'd know that is not an archive of the page or anything. The posters all agree the thread starter is either the killer or knows something!

It is what it is and for you and others to sit here and run wild with speculation, rumors and complete nonsense is to totally go against what the motto of the site is.
DENY IGNORANCE. Of course I'm not surprised by your posts being that you consider Eric Snowden a traitor and that he should be shot. He's a hero for exposing those treasonous goons in power.
They're angry that their unconstitutional evil hypocrisy has been brought to light. There's nothing hidden that will not be revealed!

Why are so many of you seemingly living in lala land with no real care to get to the bottom of things? It seems you enjoy making a fantasy story out of a real life tragedy and so many other things. There's no excuse for this laziness and going off in the deep end. If people here really are after the truth then stop fitting the stereotypical 'tinfoil wearing' loon.

I've been a member of this site for a long time and I can't count how many anti-Christian threads I've seen ( which nothing is done about ) never mind the completely absurd and ridiculous threads I've seen being touted off as fact. If you like fantasy stories that's fine. I like it too! But don't dare come here trying to purposefully deceive people because that makes you a liar and if you're a liar no one cares to pay attention to you, you have no credibility!
edit on 22-6-2013 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

Ummm.. you are delusional if you think a webpage owner couldn't modify anything he wanted to on said page. I'm not tryin to argue with you, it just doesn't add up to me. Guess that makes me a liar.
edit on 6/23/2013 by TheCrimsonGhost because: (no reason given)

In fact, if you search the members of this forum you will see 2 members with join dates in 1969... so please get your facts straight before you call people out and call them liars.

Also just another note..if owners and most likely mods can change thing you better believe hackers out for a laugh could, and this appears to be a Chinese webpage, last I checked they were hacking our gov servers, so if you think tampering like this would be hard you need to do more research.

posted on Jun, 25 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   
How do we get to the truth when the LAPD has closed the case?

I appreciate every opinion I've read here and elsewhere on this case. There are elements of Elisa Lam's death investigation that some people find more troubling than others. How did she get up there? What about her clothes? What entryways were locked and how? Who had access to the roof? What was she doing in the elevator? Who did she come in contact with during her stay? Was she suicidal? Was she haunted? Was she crazy? What was the deal with the freaking elevator doors? Was she floating in the tank or submerged? All questions seem worthy of answers to me, and yet all are left open-ended because the authorities have closed the case without providing answers.

I realize no one is asking but, for the record, I would like to highlight what I personally find most disturbing about the case: Two autopsies. articles.latimes.com...

More tests need to be performed before a cause of death can be determined for the Canadian tourist whose body was found inside a water tank atop a downtown Los Angeles hotel, coroner's officials said Thursday ...
… Los Angeles County coroner's spokesman Ed Winter said the autopsy was completed. He would not say whether the medical examination found visible signs of trauma on the body.
But Winter said toxicology tests, which will take six to eight weeks to complete, would help determine if Lam was taking medication or another substance at the time of her death and, if so, whether it was at therapeutic levels. He did not elaborate.
Winter also did not reveal whether coroner's investigators had determined how Lam got into the water tank or how long she may have been inside. The matter is being treated as a death investigation, he said.
Law enforcement officials familiar with the case said that although foul play is a possibility, they are examining whether Lam's death might have been an accident.

The coroner knows when drowning killed the person whose body he is examining. There must have been clear signs indicating she drowned and that's how she died. The coroner must have known this in February. All I want to know in this case is why the additional autopsy and toxicology tests? Why did everyone have to wait until the end of June to learn what he had to have known in February concerning her basic cause of death. The delay definitely wasn't to give the LAPD time to prepare a full report of the events leading to her death because that report never came. They simply said it was an accident and closed the case.

Nothing about the official investigation seems normal. Why?

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Wow. This surprised me. According to the story, Lam's parents are seemingly no more out of the dark on this than we are. Apparently, her father denies the report that Elisa Lam suffered from bi-polar disorder. I had assumed a doctor had diagnosed and/or treated her for bi-polar disorder since the police were so adamant that the disorder led to her death. This makes it look like the police diagnosed her with the disorder post-mortum. Very troubling, indeed.

Autopsy report disappoints Elisa Lam's family

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

I work front desk at a hotel overnights, you'd be surprised at the number of guests who go out onto our roof after dark to drink/abuse substances/make love to each other or all of the above. There's a lower roof over a part of our first floor that the second and third overlook, evidently it's all too tempting for some folks to climb out their windows and hang out up there.

I can see how if you have a water tank up there, some people might be tempted to treat it like their own personal pool without realizing the dangers.

Tragic accidents happen, not every untimely death is the result of murder.
edit on 6/28/2013 by Monger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 29 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Monger

I never mentioned anything about murder.

My concern was what was going on with that water that the girl was rotting in.

Were people drinking it?
Were people taking showers in it?
Was the kitchen using it to do dishes in?

After all someone was complaining about the water pressure which is why someone went to check it.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

Unfortunately, my understanding from the news reports of the time was that, yes, people were drinking, showering and brushing their teeth with the tainted water. Some quests even reported a bad smell/taste from the water. If I recall correctly, the hotel in question offered counselling to any guest who may have consumed the water the poor girl was stewing in, all the while saying that it was perfectly save for consumption, which I can't possibly believe could have been true.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lunarian

I don't know if it's true but I heard police dogs never picked up her scent on the roof. Maybe she was carried up there? Also heard she was naked, if so where's her clothing located? How do we get a copy of the official police report thru the freedom of information act so we can get answers?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

What about the freedom of information act? Could that help us get any answers to this bizarre case?

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthLover557

Maybe the freedom of information act could enlighten us as to how the investigation unfolded...could provide us with more answers like is there anymore security footage, was she actually naked, why didn't the dogs pick up a scent when they first searched the roof.

posted on Jul, 18 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MindFreak29

What about the freedom of information act? Could that help us get any answers to this bizarre case?

I will definitely look into it. I'm having a really hard time trying to forget about this case. Everything about it bothers me a great deal ...

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
The link you provided is dead - it's a business website now. Was the person in question that guy who called himself Morbid that lived on the 14th floor? I've researcher him and know his name. There are some strange occurrences if that indeed is who you were referencing. Otherwise I have no clue who you had been speaking of.

And Snowden was a defector and mark my words will be taken out in a few years after people forget about him a little bit
. a reply to: soaringhawk

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   
P.s. I've posted the results of her autopsy report that I was able to obtain on another thread here if interested. I can't post the pages of the report here publicly out of respect for the investigators/family.

posted on Feb, 16 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthLover557

Apparently people can be crazy enough to generate unbelievable coincidences and mysteries about themselves, violating reason and maybe even known physics to do so.

Reminds me of a quote From Dusk til Dawn:

Psychos do not explode when sunlight hits them, I don't give a # how crazy they are!

posted on Sep, 2 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
I just heard this case on C2C with David Paulides. I'm curious of a few things:

Is it physically possible that she could have entered the tank on her own? I know probably unlikely, but possible? I've heard it isn't, but have also heard it is, but just very unlikely.

Do any recordings of the lobby exist? Or, possibly exist, but just not released? What evidence is actually out there, hidden or not.

I understand the entrance to the roof is secured by an alarm. Are there logs for the alarm that would show if they were enabled or disabled?

Were all the staff accounted for? I'm sure they were during the investigation, but do we know who would have access to the entrance or tanks?

This is a very interesting case.

posted on Sep, 13 2015 @ 02:49 AM
link   
a reply to: taxed

It is physically possible she could have entered the tank on her own by climbing out of a window and up the fire escape ladder to the roof, without dealing with any sort of alarmed roof entrance. Once on the roof, she could have climbed up another ladder to the roof of the utility building adjacent to the water tanks. From the roof of the utility building, she could have easily jumped onto the top of the water tank, opened the hatch door and climbed inside the water tank. Anyone who wanted access to the roof and/or tanks could gain access to the roof and/or tanks.

If footage exists of Elisa Lam inside or outside the Cecil Hotel during that time period, the LAPD is the gatekeeper of that footage. And the LAPD closed this case several years ago.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join