It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My reaction to the EDL.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

So you're saying your average EDL member is a Daily Mail reader, hahahha yeah ok! A bit above their reading age me things.
edit on 20/6/2013 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

And that is why my great uncle knocked Mosley the # out. WORLD STAR WORLD STAR AHHHH YEAHH!!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by dam00

Err no.

violence is violence. in which ever form it takes. I'm saying nothing on the quality of the poetic prose.

Nice troll move, but fail right back at ya.

edit on 20/6/2013 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

to be fair I will take one,

I have even given you a star

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
In the 80's, 90s etc. the government, schools etc. were telling Americans and Europeans to have 1 or 2 children and that is what most people did.

The Europeans have been good stewards, but the rest of the world didnt get that memo.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Ahh I'm honored.

But the blackshirt comment was bottom drawer at best. Surely you can do better??

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse

My grandad on my mothers side did. He and I used to discuss politics fairly often. He became a shop steward at Ford in Dagenham , and he had retired by the time I was born. He used to do voluntary work for the union that functioned at Dagenham, and he would sit me on his knee while typing things up in the offices there, when I was on holiday from school at about age five. While he worked, he and I would talk, and I mean talk.

He believed in equality, because his family had always had the thin end of the wedge, and found things difficult. When he saw the horrors being inflicted on people back in the day, he felt compelled to act. He once boiled it down to a wee soundbyte for me, saying "Unreasoning hatred, no matter how excused, is just that. It is fear made up with bravado to look like strength, but it is none the less, weakness."

Over the years, he taught me an awful lot about morality, fairness, life and living, how to reason with yourself when you feel conflicted. He never had the outlet of poetry, and he was an angry man. But he had seen things and done things that you and I, even some vetrans of recent campaigns, cannot really concieve of. Details of course, were scant, because I was a small lad for most of the time we spent in these deep conversations, and later in life, he and I would sit, and watch the news together, occasionally glancing at one another in the knowledge that in his eye, was reflected mine, and mine in his. The window of the soul, the oroborous connection between them.

I am not a copy of my Grandfather. But I am a product of his wisdom, my mothers wisdom, and my own expirience combined. If life can have taught me the fairness that it has, no person has a right to inflict themselves on others the way the EDL and thier like do. They are in direct conflict with not just my Grandfathers veiw, but that of many of the servicemen who fought alongside him, and on other tasks and battlegroups back in the day.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Malcher

having been in school in the 80's and 90's I can tell you that is bollox.

2nd

3rd

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Well yes i've read the whole thing in the original Florentine Dialect which is i why i suggested it could be used as a premise for brutally despatching those one found undesirable and the Paradisical society that would then supposedly ensue...but really one shouldn't misappropriate a Divine paradigm toward political ends.

The point i was making is that i feel there is a bias in operation with regards to what one is entitled to write, murdering Nazis and Edl, fine, but i don't think tolerance would extend beyond that.

reply to post by TrueBrit

II don't think living in the past is healthy, especially if one starts imagining evil Nazis everywhere trying to take over the country and you feel obliged to go into Battle of Britain mode, i know the Left like to create such illusions and appeal to patriotic instincts of a vain glorious nature, but seriously this has nothing to do with the conflict of the second world war and German expansionist policies.

edit on 20-6-2013 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

"Unreasoning hatred, no matter how excused, is just that. It is fear made up with bravado to look like strength, but it is none the less, weakness."

One of the best lines I ever heard. Kudos to your old man!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Truebrit, have you served? I wonder with the "knowing glance" comment.

I my self have not, due to poor eyesight, but I would have, in fact wanted to. As my mother always said. I am a posthumous VC waiting to happen.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dmsuse

My grandad on my mothers side did. He and I used to discuss politics fairly often. He became a shop steward at Ford in Dagenham , and he had retired by the time I was born. He used to do voluntary work for the union that functioned at Dagenham, and he would sit me on his knee while typing things up in the offices there, when I was on holiday from school at about age five. While he worked, he and I would talk, and I mean talk.

He believed in equality, because his family had always had the thin end of the wedge, and found things difficult. When he saw the horrors being inflicted on people back in the day, he felt compelled to act. He once boiled it down to a wee soundbyte for me, saying "Unreasoning hatred, no matter how excused, is just that. It is fear made up with bravado to look like strength, but it is none the less, weakness."

Over the years, he taught me an awful lot about morality, fairness, life and living, how to reason with yourself when you feel conflicted. He never had the outlet of poetry, and he was an angry man. But he had seen things and done things that you and I, even some vetrans of recent campaigns, cannot really concieve of. Details of course, were scant, because I was a small lad for most of the time we spent in these deep conversations, and later in life, he and I would sit, and watch the news together, occasionally glancing at one another in the knowledge that in his eye, was reflected mine, and mine in his. The window of the soul, the oroborous connection between them.

I am not a copy of my Grandfather. But I am a product of his wisdom, my mothers wisdom, and my own expirience combined. If life can have taught me the fairness that it has, no person has a right to inflict themselves on others the way the EDL and thier like do. They are in direct conflict with not just my Grandfathers veiw, but that of many of the servicemen who fought alongside him, and on other tasks and battlegroups back in the day.

You should both be ashamed of yourselves.

Freedom must become before all else. You and your grandfather has no right to tell people what they can and can't say and think.

I am even willing to accept the opinions and voicing of those opinions of the many Muslim people that applauded the killing of the London soldier, as that is their right.

However some people, such as a those involved in the fascist group UAF bring violence to peaceful protests done by the EDL. I find this outrageous, no man has the right to inflict violence on another.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00

Sir, if you intend to merely insult me, kindly address me when you do so. Better yet, pay attention to the T&C of the site,and avoid it all together.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by dam00

Ahh I'm honored.

But the blackshirt comment was bottom drawer at best. Surely you can do better??

bottom drawer or not. the truth may not be very nice, but at least you know where you are with it

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt

Well, it is interesting that you not only speak Italian, but the old dialect of Firenze, Impressive to say the least.

You state you feel there is a bias towards acceptance of extreme violence towards a hated foe. In this context being the EDL?

Yet I wonder who you believe this could extend to, beyond the EDL that would make this unacceptable? Therefore who is it you condone violence against, but condemn it against another? I this mystery group any more or less hated or is that a perception based on cultural bias?

Big words, or fancy dialect don't scare me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:33 PM
link   
TIME!

...sorry people...but I'm temporarily shutting the gate on this thread for now...

Please review the ATS Terms and Conditions that you all agreed to when you signed up.
You'll see it nowhere in there allows going at eachother in the manner that is being done within this thread at the moment.

Will unlock the thread later.

Cheers,
Alien

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dam00

Sir, if you intend to merely insult me, kindly address me when you do so. Better yet, pay attention to the T&C of the site,and avoid it all together.

which insult ? if it trully is an insult towards you then I will remove it

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join