It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My reaction to the EDL.

page: 4
5
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by dam00

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dam00
 


Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you really think that the issue of skin colour is important, then you may well need a wake up call. This here is the twenty first century. Im all for tradition, but if you are so obsessed with skin colour, you might want to wake up and smell the millenium you are in, rather than clinging to the worst , and most pointless obsessions of the last one.


Im not obsesed with skin colour I asked do you think the world would be a better place with less white people in it
as I believe your friend does


I'll answer that too if you don't mind. If they are going to be anything like you then yes, we need less of you.


If you know me that well come and see some time




posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
A very interesting poem, full of hate, threats, insults and violence.

I am guessing you are muslim.

This is the sort of filth I have come from the fascist group UAF and muslims.


The 'Fascist group' United Against Fascism? That's brilliant, do you and your kind meet in a phone box once a month and come up with the lamest material you can possibly think of?



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
A very interesting poem, full of hate, threats, insults and violence.

I am guessing you are muslim.

This is the sort of filth I have come from the fascist group UAF and muslims.


I dont think he is a muslim, Im more inclined to believe he is a white left wing commie soap dodger, a damn site worse than your average muslim



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Just exercising my freedom of speech, something you seem to think I am not allowed to do, as do all members of the fascist group UAF.
edit on 20-6-2013 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kantzveldt
 


"Dantes Inferno", was only one book in a three book series. actually titles the divine comedy, Which seems quite apt as you seem determined to stick to you point which is that no one is entitled to voice or pen their frustration or anger,

Which is double ironic considering the whole of the divine comedy is dedicated to such issues, or retribution, and punishment of the wicked, and eventual penance.



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm no racist, but want an end to extremist Islamic's getting away with murder and hate preaching in the UK

The government is walking blind into a serious problem on our street in the near future and everybody i know and you know in the UK is turning to the EDL in some form or another



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kantzveldt
reply to post by TrueBrit
 



I wouldn't write such things simply because i have no such hatreds or desire to see others harmed, but even if i had it would be wicked and irresponsible of me to propagate such thoughts as others might act upon them.

Anyone who would act on thoughts such as these is likely to be the sort to have thoughts of thier own that run along the same lines, but no outlet for them other than actual, physical violence. I cannot be held responsible for the darknesses in the hearts of other people, only for my own.


The real problem here i see is your hatred toward fellow countrymen and women who have a different point of view than your own, your stigmatization and dehumanizing of them, this is something i see often from the Leftist and Liberal Middle Class toward the working class, contempt and disgust, thousands can march in support of the EDL and they will find a reason to despise and hate each and every one of them, and it isn't just about the ideology.


I don't know you and i'm not putting you in any such catagory, i just find all this very disturbing.

I AM working class. My family are dirt poor. We have a business to run, but that is not a mark of being well off. We started it in desperation when we were living on peoples floors because our house had been sold and we had no where to live. We have strived and strained and struggled for every second of our saftey, and done it all without hating people based on thier faith and creed, without compromising our ethics, just because our life has been double tough.

Thats what gets me about the EDL. I have lived hard, I have lived rough too. Plenty of cold nights under my belt in the past, because I was never going to get on the housing lists. Thats all back a while now of course, but the fact is I have been to the bottom of the pile, and no matter how low I got, I showed love to my fellow human beings. Even when I was on the streets myself I would buy food for the others in the same position when ever possible. Didnt matter if the person was Arabic, Italian, from the North, or just a resident of my hometown like myself, fallen on hard times.

They make me angry, the EDL because they crap on everything I stand for as a working class gentleman, everything my grandfathers fought for as servicemen, and everything my mother tried to instill in me when I was a lad. They give the entire working class of my country a CRAP name, because thier pride is not pride in thier country, but ignorance and hatred of what they do not understand.



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dam00

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by dam00

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dam00
 


Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you really think that the issue of skin colour is important, then you may well need a wake up call. This here is the twenty first century. Im all for tradition, but if you are so obsessed with skin colour, you might want to wake up and smell the millenium you are in, rather than clinging to the worst , and most pointless obsessions of the last one.


Im not obsesed with skin colour I asked do you think the world would be a better place with less white people in it
as I believe your friend does


I'll answer that too if you don't mind. If they are going to be anything like you then yes, we need less of you.


If you know me that well come and see some time


Yeah I'm all about organising fights on the Internet.. Oh no wait, I'm more than ten years old.

Great Poem anyway, OP.



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I would say this is True Brits heaven but Im guessing hes an atheist, go on tell me im wrong.




posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


Indeed was the Darkling Thrush by Thomas Hardy any less violent?

I leant upon a coppice gate When Frost was spectre-gray, And Winter's dregs made desolate The weakening eye of day. The tangled bine-stems scored the sky Like strings of broken lyres, And all mankind that haunted nigh Had sought their household fires. The land's sharp features seemed to be The Century's corpse outleant, His crypt the cloudy canopy, The wind his death-lament. The ancient pulse of germ and birth Was shrunken hard and dry, And every spirit upon earth Seemed fervourless as I. At once a voice arose among The bleak twigs overhead In a full-hearted evensong Of joy illimited; An aged thrush, frail, gaunt, and small, In blast-beruffled plume, Had chosen thus to fling his soul Upon the growing gloom. So little cause for carolings Of such ecstatic sound Was written on terrestrial things Afar or nigh around, That I could think there trembled through His happy good-night air Some blessed Hope, whereof he knew And I was unaware. - See more at: www.poets.org...



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by dam00

Originally posted by Ramcheck

Originally posted by dam00

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dam00
 


Are you being deliberately obtuse?

If you really think that the issue of skin colour is important, then you may well need a wake up call. This here is the twenty first century. Im all for tradition, but if you are so obsessed with skin colour, you might want to wake up and smell the millenium you are in, rather than clinging to the worst , and most pointless obsessions of the last one.


Im not obsesed with skin colour I asked do you think the world would be a better place with less white people in it
as I believe your friend does


I'll answer that too if you don't mind. If they are going to be anything like you then yes, we need less of you.


If you know me that well come and see some time


Yeah I'm all about organising fights on the Internet.. Oh no wait, I'm more than ten years old.

Great Poem anyway, OP.


more violence wow you guys are amazing, you seem to have missed my point you said if the white where like me then yes the less of them the better, you either know me well or just hate white people, which is
come on you felt it necessary to coment



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 


Ahh here we go. Truebrit has been fighting in the corner against fascism, yet you call him a communist. Ironic considering NAZIs are nationalist SOCIALISTS!! duh!!



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dmsuse
 


My Grandfather on my fathers side was a D-Day lander. He never spoke much about the actual war, we never had the talk where he explained which regiment he was in or any of that. He was a very quiet man. My grandfather on my mothers side was in the Navy. Got torpedoed a fair bit, saw his friends turned to rags of meat by enemy cannon, came back broken, angry, impulsive and loud.

Both them, and thier compatriots served our nation at a time when it was under the most dire threat, far worse than anything that could be dreamt up by those who currently threaten our shores.

Both were from Wales originally. And no, neither was a muslim.



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 


I believe in God.

Have you ever read Revalations?



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by TrueBrit
 


Indeed was the Darkling Thrush by Thomas Hardy any less violent?

I leant upon a coppice gate When Frost was spectre-gray, And Winter's dregs made desolate The weakening eye of day. The tangled bine-stems scored the sky Like strings of broken lyres, And all mankind that haunted nigh Had sought their household fires. The land's sharp features seemed to be The Century's corpse outleant, His crypt the cloudy canopy, The wind his death-lament. The ancient pulse of germ and birth Was shrunken hard and dry, And every spirit upon earth Seemed fervourless as I. At once a voice arose among The bleak twigs overhead In a full-hearted evensong Of joy illimited; An aged thrush, frail, gaunt, and small, In blast-beruffled plume, Had chosen thus to fling his soul Upon the growing gloom. So little cause for carolings Of such ecstatic sound Was written on terrestrial things Afar or nigh around, That I could think there trembled through His happy good-night air Some blessed Hope, whereof he knew And I was unaware. - See more at: www.poets.org...


your comparing Thomas Hardy to the bile in the op
epic fail my good man epic



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't have strong views on the EDL. Such people will always exist in a free society.

My concern is with the Daily Mail and Daily Express papers who spout anti foreigner stories nearly on a day by day basis. They then have the cheek to condone the EDL, even though they have been stirring the hatred.



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dmsuse
 


My Grandfather on my fathers side was a D-Day lander. He never spoke much about the actual war, we never had the talk where he explained which regiment he was in or any of that. He was a very quiet man. My grandfather on my mothers side was in the Navy. Got torpedoed a fair bit, saw his friends turned to rags of meat by enemy cannon, came back broken, angry, impulsive and loud.

Both them, and thier compatriots served our nation at a time when it was under the most dire threat, far worse than anything that could be dreamt up by those who currently threaten our shores.

Both were from Wales originally. And no, neither was a muslim.


Did he ever give an opinion on what he helped Britain become today?



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dam00
 


I believe in God.

Have you ever read Revalations?


cant say I have

Im kind of an agnostic christian myself



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by dmsuse
 


My Grandfather on my fathers side was a D-Day lander. He never spoke much about the actual war, we never had the talk where he explained which regiment he was in or any of that. He was a very quiet man. My grandfather on my mothers side was in the Navy. Got torpedoed a fair bit, saw his friends turned to rags of meat by enemy cannon, came back broken, angry, impulsive and loud.

Both them, and thier compatriots served our nation at a time when it was under the most dire threat, far worse than anything that could be dreamt up by those who currently threaten our shores.

Both were from Wales originally. And no, neither was a muslim.


Im wondering if your grandad was a black shirt, Mosley was against the war but urged his followers not to break the law and protect the realm
just saying



posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by dam00
 


Err no.

violence is violence. in which ever form it takes. I'm saying nothing on the quality of the poetic prose.

Nice troll move, but fail right back at ya.

edit on 20/6/2013 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)



new topics

top topics



 
5
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

log in

join